Sign in to follow this  
midgie

help me find CBS movie made for tv

4 posts in this topic

I want to find the dvd for the movie Crossing to Freedom starring Peter O'Toole and Mare Wittingham on CBS in April 1990. Also there was a version of this made in the early 40's starring Monty Wooley. Is either one available?

Hi midgie, welcome to the boards. *CROSSING TO FREEDOM* was actually a co-production by a couple of independent production companies and Britain's Granada Television. CBS must have just made a deal with them to air it once or twice. I can't find any reference that shows it's ever been released on home video or DVD. That happens a lot with TV movies, they just seem to vanish into movie limbo.

As for the Monty Wooley film, that would be *THE PIED PIPER* (1942) but that doesn't seem to be out either. The film was produced by 20th Century-Fox and I'm pretty sure that somebody ran it a few years ago, but I can't recall what channel. Being a Fox film it could have been on the Fox Movie Channel or maybe AMC before they went down the toilet. Sorry I can't be of more help.

My pleasure midgie. Now that you've stuck your toe into the TCM water. Feel free to join us on the forums. We're a good bunch of folks who love TCM and old movies.