Sign in to follow this  
ladymirabelle45

Sidney Greenstreet and Peter Lorre

3 posts in this topic

I watched a movie the day with these two fine actors. And I started wondering. Hmmmm! These gentlemen appeared in a lot of movies together. I wonder why! Was it because they acted so well together? Did they just get along well together? Did the studio just put cast them together because they worked so well on screen. I've often wondered about this. If I'm checking the TCM guide a see a movie with Sidney in it I always check who else is in the cast, and it usually is Peter, or vise versa. They both also acted in a lot of movies with Humphrey Bogart. Another casting decision? Or just coincidence? Just wondering. Anyone have any info on this?

Funny but I asked this same question and was told that because Greenstreet came to film acting so late in his life Lorre was always so helpful & supportive/

Leo

I can't say for sure, but I would assume that for many of the films in this Genre there were for a considerable length of time these reliable and successful actors to attract Box Office sales, so they were used repeatedly, and together for these movies. ML