Sign in to follow this  
spencerl964

CARY GRANT & The hypocrisy of the ACADEMY & AFI!!!

28 posts in this topic

You're right, sorry...I always get mixed-up with Eggar and Ross in the '60s, they were both beautiful in the same way & style...had similar looks, at least I see it that way.

Sth. similar used to happen to me with Spencer Tracy and James Whitmore, although the latter is much younger...as a teenager I always got confused who was who!!!

Thanks for the info on the graveyard scene in ARSENIC & OLD LACE. I do have a copy, and will try the freeze-frame approach. I had heard it was there, and thought it was funny, but I never had caught it when I watched it.

here i was thinking surely cary grant had at least one oscar, dang. he is so cool. i like the bishop's wife but i must tell you my first cary spotting is in an elvis movie where he attended one of his concerts. he is on screen a couple of times and he does that cary grant presence so well. yes penny serenade is soooo sad can't stand to see it but the movie i took a while to warm up to and now i can't think of the title where he is husband who the wife thinks is up to no good. it is hard to see him in this light you know he's cary grant. i think the movie is suspision or something like that.i like fathergoose espescially the slapping scene between him and leslie caron and what happens afterward. he just oozes presence the way no one can. there is some small information about cary in a book by george burns he and gracie knew him when he was still archie leach. it is in gracie a love story. i love his voice.