georgiegirl

Oh, that face, that fabulous face. Whose is it?

5,339 posts in this topic

> {quote:title=ArmandDuval wrote:}{quote}

> Rosemary de Camp?

Nope. We've all seen this lady (as an older lady) in many TCM movies. I think the photo was taken back in her theater days early in the 20th Century.

> {quote:title=georgiegirl wrote:}{quote}

> Wow, that was a lot to do to come up with the names, but it worked! lol My hat's off to you!

Thanks.

The kid in the wagon turned up during another search for one of the ladies mentioned earlier. Her name has been cropped out of the photo.

> {quote:title=hamradio wrote:}{quote}

> So who is the baby in the photo I provided? So far no has guessed right.

Ginger Rogers.

The lady in my photo remained fairly thin during her acting career, and she was rather attractive even in her older age. She was known mainly for her voice.

> {quote:title=musicalnovelty wrote:}{quote}

> Could she be Billie Burke?

Yep, that's her.

She was quite a star on the stage before she went into the movies.

This one is way too easy after the ones that just preceded it, but at least your brain won't explode trying to get it, but I'll be back with one that'll really stump you. It is now my quest! lol

Photobucket

Message was edited by: georgiegirl

Yeah, too easy. Teresa Wright.

Okay, the guys with the cigarette in the first one, and the girl in the back seat with the guy with his arm around her.

Photobucket Photobucket

Message was edited by: georgiegirl

Nope! Not Harding or McGavin. I didn't see it until you said it, she does look like Ann Harding when Ann was young.

Hee, hee, hee! lol

Okay, before you read any further, promise me you won't get mad and run me off the boards? lol

The lady is Anne, my mom, the man with her, George, my dad, and the guy with the ciggie is Johnny, my uncle. lol

I'm sorry. I just wanted to mess with your heads because you guys keep guessing my celebs two seconds after I post them. lol

Hate me? Getting ready to tar and feather me and report me? :-) I know I'm off subject, in a round about kind of way, but I started this thread and don't have a problem with going off subject a bit. lol

Yeah, or Bonnie and Clyde, Ann Harding and Darren McGavin. lol

I'm really sorry for messin' around, and though you guys may not get a kick our of it, I sure did. lol

And my mom would be in her glory if she knew her photo appeared on TCM's message board. She's the one who gave me my love of the old movie classics, and then some. lol If I am cast off or banned now, I can take comfort in that for a moment she had a moment she'd never dreamed possible. :-)

I swear that guy looks just like Clyde Barrow. Are you sure you aren't related to him?

> {quote:title=FredCDobbs wrote:}{quote}

> I swear that guy looks just like Clyde Barrow. Are you sure you aren't related to him?

No, but they ran in the same circles. Just kidding! lol

This one not a relative and so very easy. :-)

Photobucket

The photos of Bonnie and Clyde came into the media by accident. Agents found a camera left behind after they fled in a hurry. Bonnie and Clyde were just clowning around and did not intend for the pictures fall into the public forum. Bonnie *hated* that one photo of her with the cigar.. Heres are some of those photos. (plus Clyde Barrow's mugshot)

bonnie_and_clyde.jpg

BonnieAndClyde587.jpg

BonnieAndClyde2pics.jpg

300_96370.jpg

252332%7EBonnie-Parker-Posing-Tough-with-a-Gun-and-Cigar-c-1934-Posters.jpg

The guy in the center in the photo you're referring to reminds me of Ed Wasser who played Mr Morton who was a Shadow agent in Babylon 5.

ed_wasser_01.jpg

Message was edited by: hamradio

Ringu-Yes, Jennifer Jones. :-)

Ham-Those pictures are great! I had seen a bio-pic that said some photographer for a newspaper replaced a rose Bonnie had in her mouth with that cigar. Rumor? I wonder. If not, she sure was ahead of her time, because from what I hear it's chic for a woman to don a stogie these days. lol

Another easy one for all of you, grrrrrrrrr. lol

Photobucket