Sign in to follow this  
slappy3500

"The Explosive Generation"

6 posts in this topic

Saw the last half hour of this flick on Sundance yesterday. Apparently a teacher (William Shatner) tries to play Mary Worth with his classe's sexual questions. The mean old uncaring administration and parents want to fire Shatner, but the kids support him by staging a protest (complete with slogan shouting over a PA system as well as "wild" jazz music. After the police order them to get into the school building, they decide to stage a "mute-in" by refusing to talk. It was as though the "Cone of Silence" had dropped on them,appropriate since Edward Platt played the principal. The film was interesting for several reasons: It was filmed in 1960:years before Berkley; but could have been the blueprint. Also had an early appearance by Beau Bridges as well as a LATE one by Patty McCormick of "Bad Seed" fame. It also featured a typical over-the-top Shatner performance, well worth a snicker.

OK ML, just don't spend too much. Note : I only saw the last 1/2 hour & nowhere did I say this movie was "good" :)

I don't mean to correct you, Slappy, but I believe that movie was on Flix, Movies for the Next Generation. That's not usual Sundance fare. Flix, however, has some of the greatest (?) films from the 60's (if you like to laugh, some of them unintentional.)

OF COURSE you mean to correct me! But I think you are right. It was Flix : Movies for "The Explosive Generation." BTW you KNOW that Shatner is the "cool teacher" because he drives a 1950 MG and wears a "snazzy" hat.