Sign in to follow this  
Kid Dabb

What movie is this picture from?

1,123 posts in this topic

h1. Bringing Up Baby!

ROFL!! Yes. It *IS* Bringing Up Baby. Hmm, how about...

20p6ekp.jpg *???*

h2. Desk Set

h3. Big Favorite of Mine.

A fun Rom-Com, written by Nora Ephron's parents, I believe.

h6. See Favorite Quotes...

h6. (this is the last of cross promotion I will do for now)

Yes!

h4. Desk Set

A favorite of mine also

Try this. I believe I see one of our prominent TCM Board members in this one.

2cpxoiw.jpg *???*

Message was edited by Kid Dabb because: Plain Text Help Markup's don't like neighboring characters

h3. The Treasure of the Sierra Madre

I know what you mean by your edit note... :)

BTW- I prefer *Only Angels Have Wings*, for it has one of Thomas Mitchell's best lines ever, and he's had quite a few through the years....

> {quote:title=casablancalover wrote:}{quote}

> h3. The Treasure of the Sierra Madre

>

> BTW- I prefer *Only Angels Have Wings*, for it has one of Thomas Mitchell's best lines ever, and he's had quite a few through the years....

Bananas!? :) Ok, you must know this one. What a bunch of oddballs. If you put your finger on the screen when certain scenes of this are playing, you'll get burnt :)

2qtvbcm.jpg

> {quote:title=CharlieT wrote:}{quote}

> That's *Ball of Fire*, Kid. Chock full of character actors.

You got it, Charlie. Ms. Stanwyck is hard to resist in this movie.

There aren't any strong visual clues here, unless you've got an excellent memory, so, I'll just say this is the nicest place to find your way home from.

9blk7b.jpg

> Can't resist.

> h3. Lost Horizon

> (1937)

Wow! You're good :)Lost Horizon is the one. This is _one_ woman to be reckoned with. If I crossed paths with the character played here, I'd turn and run for my life. Probably still wouldn't make it out in one piece. This is one _nasty_ character

25tyy6a.jpg *???*

One of my favorite games is to turn on the TV to TCM and give myself 5 seconds to name the movie. _Weekdays_ usually stump me. SO DOES THIS PICTURE. You picked a good one this time... I am cleaning up my office and I will mull this one through...

-Casablancalover - adoring this game!

> You picked a good one this time... I am cleaning up my office and I will mull this one through...

>

Well, I must say. If you've never seen this movie, you're missing a treat. This is, IMO, one of the best of it's genre. Maybe even _the_ best. Surprise factor is right up there with the excellent movie TCM showed last evening, So Long at the Fair, only it comes earlier in the movie.

Message was edited by Kid Dabb.. that markup thing again

> {quote:title=theladyeve wrote:}{quote}

> Looks *Kiss Me Deadly* - Gaby Rodgers as Gabrielle when she opens "Pandora's Box" - one great film!!

You got it, ladyeve :)Kiss Me Deadly. I could (almost) watch this every day, but Gabrielle really creeps me out. She's very good in this role. Would you care to post a pic?

I would love to, but I don't know how to do it...so the thread is open (if someone would like to PM me on how to post pix, etc., please do!). *Kiss Me Deadly* is a favorite and Ralph Meeker as well. Gabrielle is unforgettably creepy...

(meant to say "Looks like *Kiss Me Deadly*")

Message was edited by: theladyeve

Here you go, ladyeve. This will get you started.

http://forums.tcm.com/jive/tcm/thread.jspa?threadID=123944&start=60&tstart=0&messageID=8059694#8059694

Oh, no! Theyyy'rrre heeeerrre. I think we'll use the good china tonight. Anything good in the paper?

25u5gch.jpg *???*

Message was edited by: Kid_Dabb

Message was edited by: Kid_Dabb

Robert Wise's knowledge as an film editor serves him well in this, which he directed:

h3. The Day The Earth Stood Still

I am working on my apparent hidden (from Me) talent of posting a photo. Haven't given up yet!

*casablancalover, check your mailbox for a PM*

> Robert Wise's knowledge as an film editor serves him well in this, which he directed:

>

> h3. The Day The Earth Stood Still

Yayy! It is! It is The Day the Earth Stood Still ! It was that beautiful landscape that gave it away.

Gary Cooper was just served a drink to make his head 'smaller'. He's been informed he came home last night with no clothes - just his shorts. Oh. And here's a telegram. Everyone needs a butler.

2mhy7ac.jpg

Message was edited by Kid Dabb to include notificationality to inquireous inhabitant of immediate locality for purpose of efficationing on subject, or subjects, to be finalized at the reading

the-maltese-falcon12.jpg

I have won! here is the picture.

h5. Hint: It isn't Brigid and Bernie.

Message was edited by: casablancalover, who hasn't given up yet.

Message was edited by: casablancalover

Yayyy! casablancalover made it! :D

The 3:29 entry is The Maltese Falcon. Bogey was trying to keep the cops out but Mary couldn't resist popping Peter on the noggin with her shoe. Only the two of them know what reallly occured. This is the corresponding scene.

cmvgor, go ahead and post one if you want (after casablanca confirms, of course).

Message was edited by Kid Dabb because I think words and, for some reason (I haven't figured out why yet), they won't 'appear' on the screen.

Both of you are correct! Excellent work, and I don't think with the caliber of talent on these boards, I will give anymore hints.

*Mr, DeMille, I am ready for my close-up.* -photo, that is.

> {quote:title=Kid_Dabb wrote:}{quote}

> cmvgor, go ahead and post one if you want (after casablanca confirms, of course.)

Apologies, Kid Dabb; I misunderstood the procedure. I don't have the capacity to post photos.

Anyone who can, go ahead.

cmvgor