Sign in to follow this  
Guest son, jery

The Sexiest!

335 posts in this topic

Chillibug, I DO know what you mean about your mom - and I'm so glad things have changed in the world. Although it was embarrasing for me to even know my mom HAD a sex life, my daughter and I actually discuss sex. Thank God the world has opened up to the naturalness of sex.

My sister was so in love/lust with Patrick Swayze that she watched Dirty Dancing over a hundred times - I've got to say that as much as I love and adore many actors (classic and modern), I've never been "in lust" with an actor before - but I think I'll be watching The Big Easy as many times as she watched Dirty Dancing (which I also enjoy). And I've already reserved 10 (our limit) Dennis Quaid movies from the library just as a beginning. I so hope he's as hot in other movies. Meg Ryan was so lucky. lol I more or less posted this message to see if anyone agreed with me or if Quaid's sexiness was just a "me" thing. I'm so glad to hear it isn't. If I ever get past that, maybe I'll decide if I think he's a good actor or not. hehehe Although I really LOVE the Big Easy. It's my new 'modern' day favorite movie. Even without the 'sexy' scene.

I am just beginning to realize what a "snob" I've been about movies. If something was made after 1959, with few exceptions, it wasn't good enough for me. And my opinion hasn't changed regarding movies made in the 60s and the 70s - I think most of them are a waste of life. But I'm beginning to believe that movies have really improved beginning in the 80s - never as much as classics and WAY too much swearing and nudity - but still a major improvement from the earlier 2 decades. Soooo - I've missed much. When I asked my sister about Quaid, she asked me if I'd been hiding under a rock. lol And I guess in my being so opinionated about watching modern day movies, I had been.

Thanks for answering my post.

I have to chuckle because your post about Dennis Quaid took me back to my days right after high school graduation. My best friend LOVED DQ, and I had a VCR, so we every weekend we'd rent EVERY Dennis Quaid movie they had at the video store and spend Saturday watching them. I'm sorry to say that there was a time when I truly wanted him to never make another movie.

Robert Redford, on the other hand, I could never get tired of.

There are so many handsome male actors today. My favorites are Kevin Costner (still!), John Cusack and Jude Law. But none of them can come close to the stunningly gorgeous Robert Taylor, Gary Cooper or Cary Grant. These men light up the screen like nobody's business.

As far as the females: Catherine Zeta Jones is so beautiful but she can't act. The closest to beauty and talent today would have to be Kate Winslet. Again,there is no comparison to the beauty and acting ability of Norma Shearer, Myrna Loy, Claudette Colbert or Greer Garson.

Of course that's only my opinion.

Ang, I imagine I'd get sick of anyone after watching all those movies so it's understandable you'd never want to see another DQ movie. *grin* I'm watching all I can get my hands on - but have yet to find anything to rival The Big Easy - but I'm still looking. I can't believe I'm actually going to watch Great Balls of Fire, because I can't stand Jerry Lee Lewis - but whatever works. ^^

Robert Redford is very handsome IMO.

JOHNNY DEPP ESPECIALLY IN THE PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN......GREAT MOVIE...AND HOPE THE SECOND ONE COMING OUT SOON WILL BE JUST AS GREAT.....A MOVIE FOR ALL TO SEE!!

Jonny Depp???? Orlando Bloom beats him by a thousand miles i mean COME ON! James Franco and Hayden Christensen are also incredibly handsome! But i do have to say Clint Eastwood looked pretty good in his younger years especially "The First Traveling Saleslady" with Ginger Rogers and Carol Channing. Not a truly great film but worth watching!

But Honestly!! Who can compare to the AMAZING Frank Sinatra?? Sings, acts, can even dance- which brings me to my next two favorite Fred Astaire and Gene Kelly What's not sexy about grabbing a girl in your arms and just well...you get the picture

I'd like to clarify an opinion I posted on this thread about a month ago. I said that I thought Dennis Quaid was/is a very sexy man. I had just seen The Big Easy, and had never seen Quaid before. Since that time, I have got about 20 movies from the video store and/or library in order to familiarize myself with Quaid. I've seen movies I've hated and movies that I've really liked. I've seen Quaid in roles that I thought he did wonderfully, and in roles that I thought he did a lousy job of, to movies that I just thought stunk, regardless of Quaid. The only thing consistant in all of my movie watching, is that I've never seen Quaid sexy again. Much to my disappointment!!! I'm still watching Quaid movies and still hoping. I think he's a fair decent actor but the thing that drew me to Quaid in the first place was likely only a one time thing, Too bad, too, cuz he was very sexy in The Big Easy. Anyway, obviously it was the 'role' not the 'actor' that I find sexy. :-)

Well I am new to this site but I have just got to put my two cents worth in. My vote for sexy would have to be Dennis Morgan. Maybe not the worlds greatest actor but I loved every one of his movies and he was paired with some of the greats that I love so much among them Greer Garson , Barbara Stanwick and Jack Carson. Ohhhh and that lovely tenor voice of his... gives me goosebumps...I hope they play some of his movies again soon.

Brando was HANDS DOWN the sexiest man to ever live!!! He oozed sensuality from every facet. Other men I find to be very "sexy" are Robert Mitchum, John Gilbert, Ivor Novello, Clark Gable, and Gene Kelly. The sexiest female starlet of them all is the divine Miss Greta Garbo.

Well, for my money, Charles Boyer was the Sexiest Man Who Ever Lived. I could watch "Love Affair" a million times and never get sick of him and Irene Dunne in that film. Same goes for "All This and Heaven Too" with Bette Davis.

I just love watching him - and listening to him. There is just something in those eyes...and that voice. Not to mention how fantasic he looked in a suit - Wow!