Sign in to follow this  
Guest son, jery

The Sexiest!

335 posts in this topic

Guest o, rita

Yes, Mongo, Crawford adored Gable. I once saw her on TV and she said he was a "Real Man". I understand they carried on their affair intermittently until he died...about 30 years.

Guest K, Sandy

Oooh, Rod Taylor is quite a man! I saw him in SUNDAY IN NEW YORK on TCM last month and wondered why I had never heard of this guy before!

Guest olmsted, l

Check out South Pacific, Barefoot Contessa (my favorite with him), and the 1949 version of Little Women, plus a few others I can't think of right now, but you can do a search on this website to find out more.

Guest son, jery

Gorgeous Rossano! All through "South Pacific," I kept waiting for him to at least take off his shirt! Even wear a bathing suit! He had the sexiest way of singing! If I was Mitiz Gaynor, I would just have melted everytime he came near me.

Guest olmsted, l

Jeryson, do you know if there are any biographies on him. I would love to get my hands on ANY info about him and you seem to be pretty knowledgeable about what's out there. Thanks!

Guest o, rita

Jery son, you mentioned Mitzi Gaynor. I thought she was fantastic. She had a beautiful body, and possessed that "fresh faced beauty" like Ingrid Bergman, and was so talented. She was a superb dancer and she could sing, too. I loved her in "Les Girls" w/Kay Kendall and Gene Kelly. I loved the movie, too! It's a favorite of mine. I remember her TV specials, based on her Las Vegas act, from the '70's. I mean she looked fabulous if not better then she did in There's No Business, etc. My husband thought she looked better then Marilyn in that movie! There was at least 20-25 years between that movie and those TV specials and she had not aged. Incredible! That body, those legs, that dancing, that youthful appearance! I think she's been under rated. Does anyone know if she is still alive. She was one of my favorite actresses from the fifties.

Guest son, jery

Olmsted and Rita, if there's a bio on the gorgeous, sexy Rossano Brazzi, I have yet to hear of it. I wish he had had some intense love scenes with Mitzi but of course, this was in the 50s. As for Mitzi, you're right. She was an absolute doll. A&E had a bio about her and I'm quite sure she's still alive and kicking. They showed her just a year ago and she looked fabulous. Here's some inside dope on the making of "South Pacific": Rossano was furious when they wouldn't let him do his own singing. Testing for the female lead of Nellie were: Liz Taylor, Jane Powell, Doris Day, Patti Page, Joanne McCracken--she's the fabulous dancer in "Good News" who mysteriously vanished from Hollywood after that one flick and married the wild and crazy choreographer, Bob Fosse.

Guest Alix

Jery, can't Ramon Novarro and William Haines make the 1920's heart-throb list? I sure think they've got "it, and plenty of it too!"

Guest son, jery

Oh, Alix, how could i have forgotten two more gorgeous Apollo's of the 20s like William Haines and Ramon Navarro! The silent films had so many great looking all-Americans! I still think TCM should run a "Hunks and Hussies" or "Male and Female" hotties from the Silents!

Guest son, jery

Tom Neal! I know, I know, some of you are asking: huh? Neal is better known today as the hot-tempered Irish guy who beat Franchot Tone to a pulp for dating that bad-luck dame, Barbara Payton. Then Neal went to prison for killing somebody and he died there. But, this sexy, truly macho hunk did star in "Detour." But you oughta see this sizzling **** in "Jungle Girl," a l5-chapter serial from Republic. I'm watching it on DVD and oh, wow, is Tom a feast for the eyes. He's very cute and boyish and wears a Clark Gable type moustache. And he's got a babe-a-licious bod you'd love. To Tom, wherever you are, you are not forgotten!

Guest Dan, Coffee

Rockliffe Fellowes couldn't have been a has-been if he starred with the Marx Brothers in MONKEY BUSINESS in 1931! But I kinda wonder what he was doing the previous 16 years . . .

Guest Alix

Hey, I'm still with you on the "Babe-a-licious Boy Toy" movie festival! Haines & Novarro are truely my two top favorites from the silent era. Oh, to have seen gorgeous Novarro star with sexy Clara Bow! Some casting director sure missed the boat on that one! I wish I could ask my grandmother if she, as a teenager, admired any of the silent & pre-Code men I find attractive! She was quite a movie fan back then.

Guest son, jery

Ed, just caught your reference to Gene Raymond. I've just recently discovered this gorgeous "****' and think that he was one of the most underrated actors of the 30s. In the biography on Jeanette McDonald, his wife, "American Diva," there are some beautiful photos of the two. The golden-haired Gene resembles an Apollo.

Guest Gilda

I dont have time to mention all of my favorites, but for men I like john wayne like in north to alaska, and as woman go I cant believe no one mentioned lauren bacall she didnt make many movies but that girl was on fire! when she wanted someone she went after them and let them and everyone else know.

Guest Alix

Eww! Raymond would certainly not make my list of hotties. I guess I've not really seen him in a role where I liked him. He played the wuss of a husband married to Mary Astor in RED DUST, and Gable could have mopped the floor with him (although how fair is it to compare someone to Clark Gable?). I always thought, "no wonder she cheated!" I'm surprised to see his was married to Jeannette McDonald. Don't much like her either!

Guest son, jery

Aw, Alix, he was a wuss in "Red Dust" but I caught him in something else where he played a butch, he-man, with sexy close-ups. I agree, though, about Jeanette. Although I loved her singing, I'd hate to be the husband of this "American diva."

Guest K, Sandy

Wait a minute, I think Gene Raymond is pretty good looking, too. I like him in FLYING DOWN TO RIO. Just because he played a wuss, doesn't mean he was one!

Guest Alix

No, you are absolutely correct...playing a wuss doesn't make one a wuss. It's just hard for me to picture him as anything else but Mary Astor's husband in RED DUST. I've seen that film dozens of times. When I do see Raymond in something else (like FLYING DOWN TO RIO) I think, "Eewww...there's that wussy guy off of RED DUST." Sorry...I'm ruined for life as far as Gene Raymond's concerned.

Guest Lorusso, Ed

Gene Raymond was gorgeous but usually played the "other man" because his starring career never quite took off. But he WAS good in a number of B movies and I seem to recall liking him in Mr and Mrs Smith with Carole Lombard and Robert Montgomery. There was one B film in which Gene travelled across the country, starting out in his underwear (Love on a Bet). And BTW, Jeanette MacDonald was one of the GREAT talents of the 30s, not just as a singer either. But she probably deserved her title as Iron Butterfly.

Guest son, jery

Drooool! I'm thinking of that fab Clint Walker, the Adonis who played Cheyenne. I watched him and babe-a-licious Roger Moore in a western last night. Both at the peaks. Clint was such a beauty god. Roger Moore was easy on the eyes, too.

Guest darby, patricia

john hodiak, paul newman and robert mitchum

Guest Gilda

very much so with paul newman, anyone ever seen "the young philadelphian"

Guest pert, ud

Guys are getting a lot of press here, so I'm going to shove in a vote for Maureen O'Sullivan. She gives a performance of rather distinguished sexiness in "Tarzan And His Mate." One of the most revealing costumes ever worn, halter and hipless loincloth. The movie includes a nude swimming scene and a cave sequence in which Maureen is photographed from an extremely generous angle. Guy or girl, everyone should find something to enjoy in this second Tarzan film (the only movie ever directed by great MGM art director Cedric Gibbons). I was looking through some past entries and noticed for the second time this month a positive reference to that wooden cowboy Johnny Mack Brown. I can be quiet no longer. I've seen totem poles with more animation than Brown! Can anyone really like him? He's been placed along some great ladies of the screen (Joan Crawford, Mary Pickford, Jean Harlow, Mae West) and just sucked the sex out of the air. He should have gone back to the football field with the rest of the leather. Good for Jery for saying something nice about Roger Moore. He's too classy for many, but I'll go on record here and now saying he was the best James Bond.

Guest mongo

Uh oh... yourr walking on thin ice ud pert since Johnny Mack Brown is jery son's idol. She thinks he is bubbalicious. Perhaps you'll redeem yourself since you were in agreement with your choice of Roger Moore as the best James Bond. All in fun.

Guest son, jery

Waaaa! Someone actually attacked my Ultimate Adonis--Johnny Mack Brown. (throwing peanut shells and Mary Pickford's old curls!) I know, I know, Johnny Mack wasn't a great actor--but um-boy, was he ever an All-American hunk. Now, if I had ever been starred with him, I would have brought out that blazing, boyish sex appeal and turned him into a babe-a-licious Sex Machine. Too late now. Besides, he said he loved his horse better than any of his leading ladies. Leave it to a horse to bring out the beast in a cowboy.