Sign in to follow this  
Guest son, jery

The Sexiest!

335 posts in this topic

Guest K, Sandy

Hey, Gilda, I saw THE YOUNG PHILADELPHIANS. Paul is a hunk-a hunk-a burnin' love in that one! Damn, that dude is STILL sexy! And I enjoyed his delicious salsa on my quesadilla today. :)

Guest K, Sandy

Speaking of James Bond, I think that Pierce Brosnan is pretty sexy, my friends.

Guest pert, ud

Yikes. I didn't know anyone could feel passionately about John Mack Brown. I think he's a lump of hamburger, but I guess that's some folks' idea of a good lunch. Pierce Brosnan is a fine Bond except that, like his predecessor Timothy Dalton, I think he takes it a tad too seriously.

Guest Alix

Yeah, you better not pick on Johnny Mack Brown! Heehee! Not here, anyway. I like Roger Moore as Bond. Very, very sexy. But I have to also admit that I liked Sean Connery too. When I get a visual though, of Bond, it's Moore that I see!

Guest son, jery

I think the fabulous Johnny Mack Brown would have made a great James Bond! Maybe Johnny's got a grandson of somethin'.

Guest Gilda

thanks for replying! I was beginning to think I was the only living human being (if thats what I am) that had seen it. its definitely one of my favorites. the long hot summer is another newman great. what are some of your fave movies? ps some of his food is pretty good.

Guest son, jery

Gilda, I think the two most beautiful stars in the world at that time were Paul Newman and Liz Taylor and they were both cast in that sultry, simmering "Cat On a Hot Tin Roof." Those eyes alone makes this a drool-fest. Both just oozed sensuality. Although I found somewhat difficult to think that Newman would have rejected la Liz like that. Ooooh, those eyes, those faces, those real, bona-fide stars! You don't see their kind anymore--except for the anemic Julia Roberts and the perpetually gum-snapping Brad Pitt.

Guest K, Sandy

Oh my gosh, THE LONG HOT SUMMER--now there's a sexy movie! One of my favorite Paul performances. And Joanne Woodward's no slouch, either, although I don't think that she's particularly sexy. I love the way she addresses Paul as "Ben Quick" in that southern drawl. Lee Remick is one hot tamale, though. A beautiful woman. Has anyone ever seen A NEW KIND OF LOVE with Paul and Joanne? VERY silly '60's flick where Joannne plays a fashion editor or writer or something like that. FROM THE TERRACE is another Paul Newman film that I liked. Myrna Loy has a small role as his mother.

Guest pert, ud

You've convinced me to change my mind about Johnny Mack Brown. I can even see him in the role of James Bond. ("Mah name is Bond. Jim-Bob Bond. Lahcensed to skin mules.") Of course, he would have to wear chaps with his tux. Personally, my idea of sexy is Jean Parker and Mary Pickford velcroed together, curl to curl, on a bed of feathers. But if I was a member of the distaff side, it would be Johnny Mack Brown and his horse.

Guest Gilda

your right liz and paul are both great. for liz I love "Giant" for paul I love "the young philadelphians". I do like juila roberts but i still don't think she or brad pit mesure up to any of the old greats. bye the way thanks to everyone who included me in their conversations

Guest Gilda

don't forget lauren bacall she was on fire!

Guest Gilda

allright mongo! gilda is one of my favorite movies, well look at my name, by the way where'd you get yours.

Guest Gilda

alix!!!!! i might be wrong but i think i saw that movie jewel robbery i mean it was about six months ago, and i simply loved it! i never found out the name, but does it have a funny little blond in that he goes off with in the end? please tell me if this is the one im thinking of.

Guest Gilda

!!!!!!!!!!!!!HEY WHAT ARE YOU SAYING ABOUT JOHN WAYNE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ANGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Gilda

iv'e never seen a new kind of love i'll have to check it out thanks for the heads up. they made another pretty funny flick i think its called march around the flag boys.

Guest son, jery

okay, let's try doing something about our Sexy Favorites. Let's fantasize we're making a l930 movie. A ship is filled with All-American sailors. Among them our favorite hotties: Buddy Rogers, Ramon Navarro, Billy Haines. The captain is the glorious Rockleffe Fellowes (remember him from "Regeneration"). The gals are: Anita Page, Clara Bow and Joan Crawford. They're shipwrecked on an island. It's run by a mad--but gorgeous--god named--okay, get ready--Johnny Mack Brown! He has a son, the gorgeous Buster Crabbe. He also has a gorgeous daughter, Delores Del Rio. On the other side of the island is another tribe of even more ravishing hotties. Now, what happens next? Any ideas?

Guest Alix

JEWEL ROBBERY stars Kay Francis and William Powell. Powell is a European jewel robber (he prefers the word "robber" to "thief") who brings a portable record player & Stauss waltz music to a robbery. At the conclusion of each robbery, he gives each person present a joint, they all get high, and forget what happens! I don't want to spoil the movie, but most people who've seen it remember the marajuana ciggys, if not the plot. The movie you're describing doesn't sound like JEWEL ROBBERY to me. I do think, however, that TCM is planning to show it again in May (??) so check the schedule for sure. It is a priceless movie--one I accidentially caught on film--and one of my all time favorites!

Guest pert, ud

Okay, here goes. Johnny Mack, the volcano god, can't get his volcano to blow, so he decides to live vicariously through his kids Buster and Delores. Delores sets out to seduce Buddy Rogers, but Buddy only likes blondes, and has set his sights on Anita Page. Buster has heard that Clara Bow has "it," so he decides to make a pass at her. He's disappointed to find that Clara is interested in Billy Haines, and has decided to use "it" to intrigue him. Sadly, Billy has a crush on the captain, who only has eyes for Joan Crawford. Clara, being the understanding type, gives "it" to Billy and when Captain Rockleffe sees Billy with it, he is immediately converted. Buster is now free to pursue Clara, but finds her uninteresting without "it." He approaches Joan, but Joan decides instead to appease Johnny by tossing three of her films ("Our Dancing Daughters," "Montana Moon" and the unfinished "Great Day") into the volcano and sacrificing them. God Johnny happily destroys the films, but still doesn't blow. It's up to Delores and Ramon to generate the heat. In so doing, their cowlike groaning attracts the tribe on the other side of the island, a herd of cattle which comes over to see what's going on. When god Johnny sees the cattle, he is excited at last, and the volcano blows. And what was "it" that so enticed the others? A mask of Maureen O'Sullivan.

Guest son, jery

You are dynamite, ud pert! However--you probably didn't know this but Delores jumped into the volcano as a human sacrifice, followed by hunky, adorable Rockleffe Fellowes. He was trying to save her. This left his stud-muffin, Billy Haines, distraught and he found solace in the simmering friendships of Buster and Johnny Mack, Anita and Clara Bow. Over the years, there were many children and in 2002, another boat crashed on the shores. Out stepped the new gods, Jude Law, Hugh Jackman, Clint Walker, Bomba the Jungle Boy and Tom Neal. Emerging from their hiding places in the boat were other glittering beauties: Rod Cameron, Betty Grable, Rosanna Brazzi (he was singing 'Some Enchanted Evening')Acquanette and other knockouts. They had no idea that awaiting them were other boy toys and sirens whose names were-- (to be continued by whoever is interested)

Guest mongo

This is terrible but all I can imagine is Billy Haines riding Johnny Mack Brown off into the sunset with Ramon Navarro sulking while Delores Del Rio jumps into a volcano. Buster Crabbe is swinging on a vine with Joan Crawford on his shoulders screaming "no wire hangers!" while Buddy Rogers and Anita Page set up a tree house. Once off the football field Clara Bow is now taking on the fleet and all ends well.

Guest son, jery

We mustn't forget those gorgeous, sexy children of these super hotties. If one visits the island today, they'll find the gorgoeus, Alain Delon, Jude Law, Hugh Jackman, Clint Walker, Johnny Sheffield (Bomba the Jungle Boy). Ramsey Ames (The Mummy's Ghost) doesn't get out much. She's feeding Kharis his Tanna Leaves. Clark Gable often returns in his sarong and you just have to see the grandkids of those fabulous **** gods: Johnny Mack Brown, Rockliffe Fellowes, Buster Crabbe and Ramon Navarro. But that's a whole different story, so until next time...(you're listening to 'Happy Trails to You, Until We Meet Again..'

Guest Alix

Wonderful plot line! Now who in the world would direct this classic? It'd need to be somebody who was rough & rugged, I imagine, like Vic Flemming, although didn't he have an affair with Clara Bow? Hmmm...that might impare the plot line a little! Maybe for the ladies' scenes George Cukor could be brought in, as he was always noted as an excellent ladies' director. Adrian could provide the necessary "island" attire, and Billy Haines could help with the set design. He could do the island huts in a deco-fabulous way. Who wants to live like Gillian's Island anyway?

Guest pert, ud

Who would direct the 1930 picture? How about Cecil B. DeMille? He could handle the pre-code sexiness, give us a great volcano to blow, and could even explore the, er, godhood of Johnny Mack. As for the new generation, I'm afraid the earlier gods saw what was on offer, and, hopeless of witnessing much heat, went off to the great Rialto in the sky. The new castaways almost died off until they discovered a collection of the other generation's films, and finally learned to make fire for themselves. The first to learn the secret was Hugh Jackman. He tried to pass on his skills, but the other guys were intimidated, and tried to throw themselves into the volcano in despair. Then Johnny Sheffield (in Boy persona) summoned his mother Jane (Maureen O'Sullivan) and she showed the girls how to bring out the best in the stricken men. Newly inspired, the men grew to godhood themselves, and the future of the island's population was saved. (Clint Walker was the only one not to join in--he decided to turn into a coconut tree.) Oh, and Dawn Wells came by to show just how nice life in a hut could be.

Guest son, jery

After the "new" gods proved they didn't have the stuff of their formidable ancestors, they quickly returned to La=La Land and resumed starring in "Temptation Island" and the "Hollywood Squares." Or making such classics as "40 Days and 40 nights" and "Pearl Harbor." Yet, explorers still seek that hidden isle where the old gods still exist as they did back at their peaks. If you're lucky, you can see them all at play in their scanty attire. There, you'll see Rockliffe Fellowes, Edith Storey, Buster Crabbe, JMBrown,Richard Arlen and Buddy Rogers. Cecil B. DeMille did make a movie there but it was simply too scandalous even for Pre-Code audiences. Somewhere, moldering away, is this sizzling island extravaganza entitled SEXY GODS. Like those long rumored about outtakes from Gone With the Wind and Greed, SEXY GODS has yet to be discovered and screened for modern day audiences, weaned on such classics as "Freddie Got Fingered", "I Saw What You Didn't Do Last Summer" and "Revenge of Porkys."

Guest pert, ud

Didn't DeMille really make a movie kind of like "Sexy Gods" called "Male And Female" that aired on TCM several months ago? The ending was cut off, the last twenty minutes or so just running over again. Maybe "Sexy Gods" is that missing last reel. If you ever get to that island, find that reel and get it to TCM so we can finally find out what happened.