Sign in to follow this  
Guest son, jery

The Sexiest!

335 posts in this topic

Guest o, rita

It is definitely PR hype at work. There is no comparison!

Guest Alix

Sorry, as much as I love Hugh Grant, I don't ever remember Cary Grant bumbling about like Grant does in most of his films. Definite PR hype to me.

Guest K, Sandy

I became aware of Burt Lancaster about 10 years ago when I watched ELMER GANTRY. I wouldn't kick him out of bed for eating crackers!

Guest Amariei, Mima

Hi The sexiest stars to me are Fred Astaire, Douglas Fairbanks Jr., Greogry Peck, and Charlton Heston. I love Gregory Peck because he is indeed handsome, but he is also a very talented and serious actor. He played extremely great rolls in Gentlemen's Agreement, Roman Holiday, To Kill a Mockingbird, Twelve O'Clock High, and The Bravados which earned him Academy Award nominations. I love Douglas Fairbanks Jr. because he is like the quiet, shy kind-of guy. I don't think he was shy in real life, but he is indeed handsome and very stylish. He is sophisticated and a wonderful, comedic, and funny actor. I love Charlton Heston because he has that rugged, built, strong body, and he has a very good-looking face. In Ben-Hur and The Ten Commandments you could see his expressions and movements being portrayed ver seriously and you will definitely be mesmerized by them. He is also a serious actor as well. He won the Best Actor Academy Award for his portrayl of Judah Ben-Hur in Ben-Hur. I love Fred Astaire because he such a wonderful, talented, and serious dancer and singer. Even though he is not particularly handsome, he is handsome in his own, unique way. He is a very talented dancer that he invents his own choreography and he shows a side of his own creativity. He is sophisticated and a perfectionist in his own right. In his movies with and without Ginger you see all of his talents and abilities being harnessed with such stlye, grace, romance, and expressing his feelings somehow. I love these actors and many more. These actors are all unique, talented, and handsome in their own way that no one can or ever will surpass them.

Guest son, jery

Billy Haines, I love you! I was knocked out by Billy Haines in "West Point" shown last night on TCM. He was adorable, charming, sexy, handsome, macho--just everything one needs to become a Silent Screen legend. Now, I can sense something of his charisma that kept him an international star for several years. It's easy to see why he was such a favorite with stars like Marion Davies, Joan Crawford, Bessie Love, etc. He must have been the life of the party wherever he went. In "West Point," the director quite probably let Billy cut loose and act his real self. Rockliffe Fellowes and Johnny Mack Brown, move over. I'm adding William (Billy) Haines to my list of all-time great silent screen male hotties!

Guest o, rita

Hi, Jery, You forgot about Gilbert! I thought you added him to your list after watching him in the Merry Widow?

Guest son, jery

Rita, i could hit myself with Mae Murray's feathered fan! Naturally, John Gilbert is also a member of this elite group. If only these guys were alive today!

Guest olmsted, l

Anyone catch the sexy Natalie Wood in The Great Race? Wooo! It's hard to believe that little girl from Miracle on 34th Street grew up to be such a hotty! I think it was Sandy who said she used to call her "The Body" (?) If that isn't the truth. Another child star who grew up to be quite a knock out is Shirley Temple. Hmm, maybe Hollywood could see the future when they started these girls out at a young age.

Guest Alix

I'm crying big tears...I missed WEST POINT! However it's being shown again, and I plan to be there! More Haines! Come on TCM, we want MORE HAINES!

Guest son, jery

Billy Haines Alert! In TCM's great movie vault, I found 25 Billy Haines movies! Some of them I'd do anything to see: "Speedway" (1929) co-starring the dazzling Anita Page; The Smart Set (1928); "Tell It to the Marines" (1926), an especially juicy Haines flick because he co-stars with the brawney, virile, macho, gorgeous Victor McLaughlin; "A Slave of Fashion" (1925); "A Man's Man" (1929) wooo, what a title; "Free and Easy" (1930)a reportedly sexy pre-coder and an even more raunchy follow-up, "Just a Gigolo" (1931). Let's all send our requests to TCM to show us all of these 27 hidden gems that star the fabulous, gorgeous Billy Haines!

Guest K, Sandy

Yes. lolmsted, that was me! My fiance loves THE GREAT RACE. We started calling her Natalie "The Body" Wood after seeing her covered with whipped cream in the food fight scene.

Guest mongo

Through the eyes of the beholder. When I watch Billy Haines in something on TCM I see a pudgy adequate actor. Now Victor McLaughlin was something else especially in "The Informer". To each his own.

Guest Alix

Oh Mongo...watch his eyes and smile. His eyes were twinkling with mischief and very sexy. His smile was a winner too! Yes, forgive the body, but contemplate the eyes and smile. He's a definite cutie.

Guest son, jery

The sexy, macho Victor McLaughlin and the equally arousing Raoul Walsh (better known as director of the great 1914 'Regeneration' and later 'They Drive By Night') are now forgotten He-Men who should be prime candidates for our shelf of Babe-A-Licious Hall-of-Famers. Even Lon Chaney looked pretty yummmmy-delicious without all that gruesome make-up. I've seen one pic of him without even his speedoes and he should rank as definitely a '10.' My dream movie: Buddy Rogers, Billy Haines, Richard Arlen, Victor McLaughlin,John Gilbert, Johnny Mack Brown, Nils Asther on a tropical isle. Since they have no clothes, they're forced to wear fig leaves!

Guest mongo

Shame on you jery son. By the way from what I heard Victor McLaughlin will have to use a palm tree leaf.

Guest son, jery

Let's put these fantasy cutie-hunks in a remake of "The Hurricane." That way, fig leaves and, uh hem, palm leafs would all be torn away.

Guest Alix

Nils Asther--now there's a name you don't hear much about anymore. He had a very exotic look, and played in many silents and transitionals. Anyone know much about him?

Guest son, jery

Nils Asther was a glorious, sensual animal/lover to Garbo in "Wild Orchids." For some reason, she stuck it out with that favorite old co-star, Lewis Stone. He always looked like her father to me. Nils was equally sexy in one of my fave horror flicks, "Night Monster," l941, from Universal. He portrays an Indian psychic. Nils had affairs with some of Hollywoods sexiest bachelors, among them Ramon Navarro and David Manners and Cesar Romero.

Guest son, jery

Stuart Whitman. I don't think anybody's mentioned this gorgeous sexpot. Just caught him in the sizzling, "Sands of the Kalahari" where he spends most of movie in just hip-hugging shorts. And what a manly chest! So bronzed, so sweaty so--yes, I'm trying to calm myself. Then, I caught this hunk-a-rama as the Southern stud in "Sound and the Fury" with Joanne Woodward. Those dark eyes, that beautiful mouth-I think I've fallen in love again!

Guest son, jery

I--I'm afraid so! It happens in the best of families.

Guest cooper, jeane

Forgive my ignorance- but I'm not placing David Manners. What are some of his films?

Guest Alix

He played Jonathan Harker in DRACULA, Baron Paul in BEAUTY AND THE BOSS, Eden Whiteoaks in JALNA, and Kit in BILL OF DIVORCEMENT. He was tall, tan, blond, buff, and extremely good looking! These are some of the movies I know TCM has shown that he's starred in. He apparently quit the movies in 1936.

Guest Alix

I just saw ATTACK OF THE CLONES (Star Wars), and let me tell you about the gorgeous eye candy in that movie: Hayden Christenson and Ewan McGregor! Oh my, those two are definitely temperature-raising! Hayden has the sexiest eyes I've seen in years, and he knows how to use them too! And McGregor is pretty gorgeous too, in his Jedi robe and whiskers. Actually, except for those two, and the scene where Yoda fights the bad guy, I thought this was a boring movie--about 60 minutes too long. Yoda Rocks!!! Anyone else see this movie?

Guest son, jery

not yet, but if it stars my new hearthrob, Ewan McGregor, I can promise you I'll be there, cheering him on.Hayden Christenson? Never heard of him. Is he any competition to our babe-a-licious hunks of the olden days?