Sign in to follow this  
GeorgeBailey1951

QUESTION: Does TCM really respond to us?

14 posts in this topic

Just curious. Have you ever had a movie you suggested actually shown by TCM? I've suggested several Vera-Ellen films but to my knowledge they have not been shown. Please let me know your experience with these requests.

Cheers!

Yes, they have shown quite a few of my requests, both movies and shorts. Off the top of my head, I can only think of five that they haven't aired. Of those, two are Fox and one is Paramount, which are harder for TCM to acquire.

Yes! It may take a while but keep trying. I requested MAD ABOUT MEN (the sequel to the charming MIRANDA mermaid film with Glynnis Johns). It took about 3 months,..but TCM came through. Delighted me no end as I'd never seen it in 40 yrs of tv watching.

Only once did I request a movie then see it show up on a TCM schedule. But like the famous experiment, ONE reward for a thousand tries was enough to get me to keep trying. :)

*"Off the top of my head, I can only think of five that they haven't aired."* - patful

You mean there are FOUR others??????? Goodness!

Kyle In Hollywood

TCM has to be the most responsive network in the business when it comes to viewer requests. Keep in mind however, that they don't have the rights to every film and many times it can take a couple of years or more before they can make a deal for a specific title. Sometimes they can get films we ask for and sometimes they can't, but TCM tries its best to keep us happy.

*You mean there are FOUR others?* - Kyle

*Jane Eyre* , *Billy Budd* , *I Wanted Wings* , and the 1944 documentary *The Fighting Lady* .

Yes, I wanted Lon Chaney's THE BLACKBIRD (1926) last July. In October they ran it. Also the Photoplay Productions versions of ORPHANS OF THE STORM, which premiered last November, and De Mille's THE GODLESS GIRL which debuted this past December. It took awhile, but they got them both broadcast. Pretty amazing! And Hey, we are finally getting King Vidor's THE BIG PARADE again later this month after some 5 years.

I am still waiting on my request for Betty Hutton's INCENDIARY BLOND (1945) which was supposed to be on this year sometime.

*"Jane Eyre , Billy Budd , I Wanted Wings , and the 1944 documentary The Fighting Lady ."* - patful

Because you're such a patient fellow, here's something to make the wait more pleasant.

IWantedWings1941

Kyle (I won't "tell" Margaret) In Hollywood

In October 2007, I first suggested that TCM show "Stand Up and Be Counted," a 1972 Columbia Pictures release. Not only does TCM have access to a good number of Columbia films

available, but have shown several from that era; so why not that one?