Sign in to follow this  
freddyathome

silent film crushes

1,311 posts in this topic

I haven't found any Santschi movies of real interest, although he has turned up in a few in very small roles. He was more of a character actor, I guess. Any of his larger roles in movies seem to be lost, or not available. I highly recommend him in 3 Bad Men.

I forgot Connie Veidt on my list!

I watched "The White Sister" when TCM showed it and I thought to myself "I actually _forgot_ to include Ronald Colman on my list!!". What is _wrong_ with me??? He is one of the major ones for me. I can't believe that he actually left my mind! I am _so_ ashamed! :P

JackFavelll.your choices are incredible.

Also add:

Tom Mix

Thomas Ince

Raoul Walsh

Charlie Chaplin

Gary Cooper

Elmo Lincoln

All handsome.

Beauties:

Joan Crawford

Clara Bow

Lupe Velez

SilentVamp,

Here is some more of Ronald Coleman with Vilma Banky just for you.

twoloversbanky-Colman-1.jpg

RonaldColemanVilmaBankyNightOfLove1.jpg

ColemanBankey-TwoLovers.jpg

I left Colman off because I like him with his voice better......

After seeing these pics, I see I am going to have to rethink a little..... :)

Wendy,

Another *Ronald Coleman* still with delightful *Constance Talmadge* that I couldn't find yesterday. This is from *HER NIGHT OF ROMANCE (First National, 1924),* and what's more it is not a lost film either! Turning up at some recent festivals.

The Douris Corporation has been shopping about some key Talmadge Sisters features such as this one, also *HER SISTER FROM PARIS (1925),* and *KIKI (1926)* to various DVD labels, but alas so far they have not been able to sell the idea.

ColemanAndConstanceTalmadgeFromHERN.jpg

*Coleman And Constance From HER NIGHT OF ROMANCE (1924)*

Did Colleen Moore really have one brown eye and one green eye, or is this just a colorization error? (By the way...the photo is lovely!)

alix1929,

Yes, Colleen did have one Brown and one Green eye! That is not an error. However, the Green eye was purportedly more Hazel in Shade. So it might not have been such a vast difference as you see here.

And who the devil said that Colleen Moore wasn't "Sexy" as I heard claimed in the other thread? Well, That's a bunch of bull! Whenever I hear that said I drag out the following pictures. Take a look at these Photos! Whoops? Sorry, I am having trouble with Photobucket tonight, but I will post them as soon as I can a little bit later on the evening. Hopefully, the site will be working in a short while?

OK, it seems to be working once again. So here we go. And by the way Garbo eat your heart out!

ColleenMooreOneDropDeadGorgeousPhot.jpg

*Colleen Moore, Drop Dead Gorgeous Portrait!*

ColleenMooreAsABoombshell.jpg

*Colleen Moore, Bombshell Pose!*

SilentVamp, looking back at my list I've committed the same crime in leaving out Ronald Coleman. He was a sophisticated actor and enjoyable to watch in every role.

Jeff, great pics as always!

Thanks to all who mentioned Conrad Veidt. I'm glad to see some love for him here.

l_5c0884f3e032276abc729d4b2a839786.jpg

I have several movie posters of Tom Mix, but few photos. I will need to resize the posters first before I can post them here.

Those pics are so funny to me, because I always remember Mix having a big smile on his face..... then again, I think the last time I saw a Tom Mix movie was when I was 10 or 12.....

Oh, *goldensilents*, I know. It was just terrible of me to forget him like that. I deserve the 20 lashes. :PI'm sorry, Ronald! And look at him in that photo. He doesn't look too happy either. :( But he does look good! ;)

> {quote:title=gagman66 wrote:}{quote}

> twoloversbanky-Colman-1.jpg

*gagman66*, very nice photos again. Thanks! He does look exceptional in that film! Just look at this first one. He has one of the best profiles ever. And he has _great_ hair! :P

*metsfan*, isn't is a shocking thought when you realize that you could have possibly forgotten such a man as Colman?! :)