hlywdkjk

TCM Honors Memorial Day Adjunct Poster Gallery

168 posts in this topic

This Memorial Day, as the 90th anniversary of the signing of the Treaty of Versailles approaches, Turner Classic Movies (TCM) will honor the soldiers who fought during the war with a special primetime showcase of five outstanding films. The evening will be hosted by TCM?s Robert Osborne and National World War I Museum Vice President Eli Paul.

In that vein, a daily poster gallery of homefront images.

WWI_01

WWI_02

Edited by: hlywdkjk on May 31, 2010 9:31 AM

This Memorial Day, as the 90th anniversary of the signing of the Treaty of Versailles approaches, Turner Classic Movies (TCM) will honor the soldiers who fought during the war with a special primetime showcase of five outstanding films. The evening will be hosted by TCM?s Robert Osborne and National World War I Museum Vice President Eli Paul.

WWI_03

WWI_04

WWI_05

WWI_06

WWI_07

WWI_08

WWI_09

WWI_10

Nice, Kyle, very nice . Sorry I missed your first couple of days. Gorgeous posters. Thank you!

WWI_11

WWI_13

WWI_12

WWI_16

Those Food Administration posters are pretty grim. Looks like they could have been sketched in the trenches, probably the effect they were going for. It works. Thanks, Kyle.

WWI_14

WWI_15

WWI_17

WWI_18

WWI_19

WWI_20

Wow! All these vinatge World War One posters are fabulous! And don't forget *THE BIG PARADE* for the first time in 5 years on TCM!

I have not ben able to use this forum almost all week long? The page rarely finished up-loading, and there is no "Post Message" visible to click on? Finally it is back again.

WWI_48

MemorialDayBond37

Thanks to all those that have commented on this gallery. With TCM rmembering WWI this Memorial Day, it has been nice to have a valid reason for posting these images in these Forums.

The gallery will continue through Monday.

Kyle In Hollywood

Chief,

These are incredible posters. We are so lucky to have you out there digging through the internet and bringing them to us!

Forget the 100 Sexiest Movie Posters, we've got Kyle's Movie Poster Galleries and we are better for it!!!!

WWI_40

WWI_58

• Like 1

Oh wow... Mr. In Hollywood...

What a great collection of posters. Very moving. (That YMCA one..."For your boy". Oh my)

I am happy to see the WW1 museum mentioned. It is among Kansas City's finest attractions.(at least for me anyway) I hope TCM will showcase it a bit while Mr. O and Mr. Paul are chatting.

The Museum itself is fairly new, but there is a monument that has been there (a huge tower w/ an "eternal" flame) that has been around since the1920's. And all of this sits in a big park right next door to Union Station.

Every Memorial Day Weekend there is a huge concert and fireworks show called "Celebration at the Station and it pays tribute to our nation and soldiers from every era and every branch of service. It is "Rohanaka" family tradition around here. We rarely miss it. (PS... I will be the one in the red shirt) :-)

If I may... here is a link for those who are interested in reading more about the museum (there is even mention of the TCM event on there as well) : http://www.theworldwar.org/s/110/index.aspx

Thanks again for the great artwork. You always have the best posters. And these are first rate.

WWI_36

WWI_62

rohanaka -

I have seen one new interstial (promo) for this upcoming WWI Memorial Day Tribute which features (I think) Mr. Paul. Keep an eye out for it. He waxes rhapsodic about James Whitmore's protrayal of an NCO in *Battleground*.

Thanks for your kind words about the Gallery.

Kyle In Hollywood

*I have seen one new interstial (promo) for this upcoming WWI Memorial Day Tribute which features (I think) Mr. Paul. Keep an eye out for it. He waxes rhapsodic about James Whitmore's protrayal of an NCO in Battleground.*

Kyle,

That's a great interstitial but I think it is Dale Dye that you are thinking of. Dye is a former soldier and technical adviser on war films.

WWI_39

WWI_47

*"...I think it is Dale Dye that you are thinking of. Dye is a former soldier and technical adviser on war films."* - lzcutter

You're probably right. I didn't see the very beginning of the interstitial so I was going only by appearance. And both Mr. Paul (who I have seen only in a photo on the website) and Mr. Dye are tall, thin grey haired men.

Kyle In Hollywood

WWI_78_LittleAmericans

WWI_57_VictoryBoys

WWI_54_SchoolGardenArmy

WWI_55_LandArmy