Sign in to follow this  
jaragon

Hot TV Guys

462 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, TopBilled said:

Robert Urich was an excellent actor. In everything he did on television.

And he was very likeable

• Like 1

Just now, jaragon said:

And he was very likeable

Yes, to be a TV star you have to be likable. Movie stars don't have to be likable, they can be detestable (if they give great performances). But I think television is a more intimate medium. And people want likable stars coming into their living rooms each week.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, jaragon said:

Peter Scollari was not only cute but had a very nice body...

Definitely a "high concept" show. With one of the longest opening theme songs for a weekly TV series. But such a great one. I wonder if Hanks and Scolari have maintained a friendship. Their careers went in such different directions.

Bosom Buddies was Telma Hopkins' first sitcom. And she went on to appear in many successful sitcoms. 

• Thanks 1

On ‎12‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 9:16 PM, TopBilled said:

Definitely a "high concept" show. With one of the longest opening theme songs for a weekly TV series. But such a great one. I wonder if Hanks and Scolari have maintained a friendship. Their careers went in such different directions.

Bosom Buddies was Telma Hopkins' first sitcom. And she went on to appear in many successful sitcoms. 

Peter Scolari was really good as Hannah's father in Girls on HBO. The character came out in the first or second season and had a lot of trouble getting his sea legs as a gay man, some of it funny and some of it otherwise.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DougieB said:

Peter Scolari was really good as Hannah's father in Girls on HBO. The character came out in the first or second season and had a lot of trouble getting his sea legs as a gay man, some of it funny and some of it otherwise.

Loved watching him on Newhart opposite Julia Duffy.

• Like 3

A young Jonathan Brandis leading a rock war in the 1990 miniseries It. John Ritter, who also appeared in It, and Brandis died tragically two months apart in 2003.

Jim Palmer sells shampoo -love how they manage to get him to take off his shirt....

• Thanks 1

Harry Anderson may not be handsome, but his charm and magic tricks won me over on Night Court. Also, if you read Night Court fanfiction, Harry either ends with with Christine (Markie Post) or Dan (John Larroquette)... if you know what I mean.

• Thanks 1

I just rewatched the It miniseries (which I mentioned in another post on this thread). It has household names in it like Harry Anderson, John Ritter, and Richard Thomas and former child stars like Jonathan Brandis (RIP) and Seth Green.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jinsinna13 said:

Harry Anderson may not be handsome, but his charm and magic tricks won me over on Night Court. Also, if you read Night Court fanfiction, Harry either ends with with Christine (Markie Post) or Dan (John Larroquette)... if you know what I mean.

😉 Mr Larroquette was not bad looking either

• Like 1

Gil Girard - "Buck Rogers in the 25th Century" -

how many of us - week after week - waited anxiously for those seams to split? -

gil-gerard-1.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The amount of young, sizzling beefcake in this series was phenomenal - one of them was Donald Petrie -

cap257.bmp

screen-shot-2019-02-17-at-10.30.47-am.jp

Gil Gerard had been on The Doctors from November 1973 to February 1976. After two years of front-burner storylines, he was unceremoniously dropped by a new head writer. His character, Dr. Alan Stewart, had been suddenly pushed into the background and then given an off-screen exit. The actress who played his love interest (Anna Stuart) was very vocal about his firing, and as a result she was axed six months later when her contract was up for renewal. 

Anyway, as the Buck Rogers series attests, Gil had more important roles after he left The Doctors. He became more famous than a lot of his former costars on the classic NBC soap opera.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TopBilled said:

Gil Gerard had been on The Doctors from November 1973 to February 1976. After two years of front-burner storylines, he was unceremoniously dropped by a new head writer. His character, Dr. Alan Stewart, had been suddenly pushed into the background and then given an off-screen exit. The actress who played his love interest (Anna Stuart) was very vocal about his firing, and as a result she was axed six months later when her contract was up for renewal. 

Anyway, as the Buck Rogers series attests, Gil had more important roles after he left The Doctors. He became more famous than a lot of his former costars on the classic NBC soap opera.

So hot, I was always waiting for a nude shot - well, I can dream, can't I? -

buck-rogers-for-the-ladies.jpg

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, rayban said:

So hot, I was always waiting for a nude shot - well, I can dream, can't I? -

buck-rogers-for-the-ladies.jpg

Well there is always photoshop😉

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, jaragon said:

Could I do justice to that great bod?!😃

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, jaragon said:

Well, I got to watch that tightly-wrapped bod every week - and the frequent shots of his derriere were mind-blowing.

I still dream of that derriere!

• Haha 1

I don't know what that guy on the left is saying - but I do hope that he is saying "Yes, Buck, yes!".

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRJrETqZ7sYy2pW1HRhiyQ

• Like 1