Sign in to follow this  
jaragon

Hot TV Guys

462 posts in this topic

Laura Branigan sings the theme  to "Hollywood Wives" (1984) Aaron Spellings production of Jackie Collin's trashy bestseller features an all star cast and over excited champagne bottle...

• Like 2

14 hours ago, jaragon said:

Where there any gay people in Walton Mountain?   Thomas does look like a runner so he would have been very convincing as "The Front Runner".

I agree. Richard has the perfect body for a runner, so he would've been convincing in the unmade Paul Newman version of "The Front Runner".

Like I said, I only saw the ends of Waltons.  I could be wrong, but there weren't any gay or bisexual characters on the show, although Richard's character and Eric Scott's character had a special bond. (I'm not gonna go there.) As for the actors, I read the grandpa was gay in real life.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jinsinna13 said:

I agree. Richard has the perfect body for a runner, so he would've been convincing in the unmade Paul Newman version of "The Front Runner".

Like I said, I only saw the ends of Waltons.  I could be wrong, but there weren't any gay or bisexual characters on the show, although Richard's character and Eric Scott's character had a special bond. (I'm not gonna go there.) As for the actors, I read the grandpa was gay in real life.

I believe Will Geer was bisexual. He had a wife and child. His daughter Ellen Geer appeared on the show as a guest.

• Like 1

Richard Thomas and Jeff Daniels at the time of "The Fifth of July" on Broadway -

tn-500_fifthofjulywm1200210040611.jpg

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, rayban said:

Richard Thomas and Jeff Daniels at the time of "The Fifth of July" on Broadway -

tn-500_fifthofjulywm1200210040611.jpg

They make a cute couple

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, rayban said:

As the lovers in "The Fifth of July" - Kenneth and Jed -

0e3cd65d20458f3b98d46471b3ef6378.jpg

Who are the other two? The one on the left looks like Swoosie Kurtz..?

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, jaragon said:

Tom smells like a...

These are so corny. Keep 'em coming! :) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jaragon said:

Tom smells like a...

With Teri Garr and Penny Marshall too! I believe this one was shot within a year after he was seduced by Mae West in Myra Breckinridge.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Jlewis said:

With Teri Garr and Penny Marshall too! I believe this one was shot within a year after he was seduced by Mae West in Myra Breckinridge.

Terri Garr's reaction to Tom's masculine scent is priceless

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, jaragon said:

Tom is one hot cowboy...

Background music is good. Love the cowboy hat and the car. Obviously inspired by Dallas. This was the same year Selleck began the Magnum P.I. series. 

You have to wonder how long it took to produce these thirty-second ads. My guess is they spent a whole day filming the stuff on location. Then probably another day in the studio with him doing the shaving scenes.

The look and feel of the outdoor shots reminds me of the movie he made ten years later, QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TopBilled said:

Background music is good. Love the cowboy hat and the car. Obviously inspired by Dallas. This was the same year Selleck began the Magnum P.I. series. 

You have to wonder how long it took to produce these thirty-second ads. My guess is they spent a whole day filming the stuff on location. Then probably another day in the studio with him doing the shaving scenes.

The look and feel of the outdoor shots reminds me of the movie he made ten years later, QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER.

I agree it's high production value commercial .  I love the manly "Yeah"! -and the subliminal seduction angle-" freedom to do what you want to do, be what you want to be" -  and there are no women in sight

• Like 2

Remember when there were posters all over New York City - proclaiming that Tom Selleck was GAY.

He called for them to be taken down.

He said that such "nastiness" shouldn't be posted in public places.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rayban said:

Remember when there were posters all over New York City - proclaiming that Tom Selleck was GAY.

He called for them to be taken down.

He said that such "nastiness" shouldn't be posted in public places.

If Selleck was gay I'm sure we would have heard from some lover by now- isn't he married to a woman? Of course so was Rock Hudson.  I was never a big Selleck fan but his manly appeal is obvious- I love how in almost all his commercials there is a gratuitous shower scene.  This is when outing closet gay became popular....

Tom Selleck's lawsuit | EW.com

Tom Selleck's lawsuit -- The actor sues the ''Globe'' over calling him gay. EW Staff. July 26, 1991 at 04:00 AM EDT. An anonymous street poster brands a famous, ...
  • Thanks 1

Yes, the posters, which I ran into more than once, were put up by a group called "Outpost".

Mr. Selleck sued the parent company, "The Globe".

aa70ac0fcaf8c15a377872f04e225177.jpg

His aura can be perceived as homoerotic, though.

(Especially in his weekly dealings with his manservant, who was played by an obviously gay actor.)

john-hillerman-tom-selleck.jpg?w968h681

"Higgins?!"

They were practically "a couple".

• Like 1

A girlfriend named Agatha was introduced for Higgins half-way into the run of Magnum P.I...which I am sure was done to offset the gay vibe. Actor John Hillerman never came out publicly. His personal life was kept very private. If anything, he's the one the tabloids should have outed. 

There is nothing on Hillerman's wiki page about his personal life. It's like he's still being kept in the closet after his death. To me, that's an even bigger issue than speculating about Tom Selleck. Why are people afraid to out the character actors?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Hillerman

Sherman Hemsley's another one. The former star of The Jeffersons was gay. Yet never came out.

• Like 2

They needed that girlfriend for Higgins, because, week after week, you waited for that smooch between Magnum and Higgins.

Or, as a boyfriend of mine used to say, H&M - honey/man.

636458475539685456-XXX-E-RUNNING-MATES-1

The poses were so homoerotic.

Magnum's basket seems ready to burst.

• Like 1