Sign in to follow this  
jaragon

Hot TV Guys

218 posts in this topic

28 minutes ago, jaragon said:

Handsome guy but it was hard to replace Hexum- but  I do love the macho iconography of the credits

Hexum was in episodes 1-8; Hamilton was in episodes 9-22. Here's what the opening credits looked like with Hexum. Note the similarities to the Hamilton shots in the other opening. Interestingly, Hexum is billed first. But when Hamilton replaces him, O'Neill gets top billing.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A great video on YouTube explaining the two openings for Cover Up. The sound quality is better with this one. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, TopBilled said:

Hexum was in episodes 1-8; Hamilton was in episodes 9-22. Here's what the opening credits looked like with Hexum. Note the similarities to the Hamilton shots in the other opening. Interestingly, Hexum is billed first. But when Hamilton replaces him, O'Neill gets top billing.

 

Yes I noticed that too- but Hexum was a natural sex symbol- his replacement just looks like a generic tv hunk. For some reason this reminds of a Jeff Stryker movie😉

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lee Horsley is "Matt Huston" (1982-1985) who as you can see by the series intro had plenty of bulge appeal...

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, jaragon said:

Yes I noticed that too- but Hexum was a natural sex symbol- his replacement just looks like a generic tv hunk. For some reason this reminds of a Jeff Stryker movie😉

Well Hexum had a different persona. Also, he was about five years younger than Hamilton. I don't see the value in comparing them, though I'm sure viewers did. The ratings for Cover Up held steady after Hexum's death, but CBS did cancel the series after the first year. Basically they were fulfilling the contracts and Hamilton was used to just keep it going during that time. Hamilton did two seasons of the Mission: Impossible TV reboot a few seasons later.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, jaragon said:

Lee Horsley is "Matt Huston" (1982-1985) who as you can see by the series intro had plenty of bulge appeal...

 

I loved Matt Houston. What this opening tells me is that the series was made during a time when long openings were the norm with catchy theme songs. Also, the producers valued character actors since there are four of them credited alongside the main stars. As evidenced in the shots that were selected, we have an emphasis on action, on stunts, and cars.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, TopBilled said:

Well Hexum had a different persona. Also, he was about five years younger than Hamilton. I don't see the value in comparing them, though I'm sure viewers did. The ratings for Cover Up held steady after Hexum's death, but CBS did cancel the series after the first year. Basically they were just fulfilling the contracts and Hamilton was used to just keep it going during that time. Hamilton did two seasons of the Mission: Impossible TV reboot a few seasons later.

Good point- but it's interesting that Hexum's intro has more shirtless shots. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TopBilled said:

I loved Matt Houston. What this opening tells me is that the series was made during a time when long openings were the norm with catchy theme songs. Also, the producers valued character actors since there are four of them credited alongside the main stars. As evidenced in the shots that were selected, we have an emphasis on action, on stunts, and cars.

Yes it's a long intro and sets the tone for series - the shows from the 80's were a lot more fun

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jaragon said:

Good point- but it's interesting that Hexum's intro has more shirtless shots. 

Yes...you're right, I didn't notice that-- but we do have Hamilton without a shirt in a pair of Speedos.

Not sure if you looked at the clip comparing the two intros for Cover Up, but one thing they neglected to mention is that Hexum is wearing a white tux and Hamilton is wearing a black tux. So I think Hamilton's character was meant to be a bit more of a bad boy.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Simon MacCorkindale is "Manimal" (1983) a short lived tv series that also features Melody Anderson as the love interest    The series is preposterous fun and  just an excuse to showcase the make up fx

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, jaragon said:

Simon MacCorkindale is "Manimal" (1983) a short lived tv series that also features Melody Anderson as the love interest    The series is preposterous fun and  just an excuse to showcase the make up fx

 

MacCorkindale would turn up on Falcon Crest after this, where he played Jane Wyman's lawyer for a few seasons. He gets special billing near the end of this season 4 intro:

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The picture quality is better with this season 7 intro of Falcon Crest. Lorenzo Lamas' character had become a race car driver by that point. The two new hunks added that year were Brett Cullen and John Callahan:

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shirtless Martin Kove in the season 7 opening credits for Cagney & Lacey:

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, TopBilled said:

Ken Wahl from CBS' WiseGuy:

 

 

Walh was hot and sexy and he had that dark bromance with Ray Sharkey and Kevin Spacey which border on the homoerotic

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I loved this show. Emerald Point N.A.S. was a primetime soap that aired on CBS for one season. It had respectable ratings but was pushed off the schedule when a massive letter writing campaign caused CBS to bring Cagney & Lacey back. Emerald Point had been given Cagney & Lacey's old time slot. The cast included hunks like Andrew Stevens, Charles Frank and Richard Dean Anderson. The theme song is great. And Susan Dey, who has special billing as Celia, Dennis Weaver's neurotic older daughter, was brilliant and should have had an Emmy nomination. 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The season 1 & season 2 openings for The Colbys. This series featured John James, Max Caulfield and Michael Parks. They updated Caulfield's credit for the second season, which looks much better than what they had for him originally. Michael Parks never looked more handsome (he appeared in the second season).

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm enjoying this thread. I think we've only begun to scratch the surface. There are attractive game show hosts, daytime soap stars and actors who appeared in westerns we haven't even mentioned yet!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, TopBilled said:

The season 1 & season 2 openings for The Colbys. This series featured John James, Max Caulfield and Michael Parks. They updated Caulfield's credit for the second season, which looks much better than what they had for him originally. Michael Parks never looked more handsome (he appeared in the second season).

 

Love the score and old Hollywood glamor presentation of the cast

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jaragon said:

Love the score and old Hollywood glamor presentation of the cast

Aaron Spelling production values. The music is by composer Bill Conti, who also wrote the music for Dynasty, Emerald Point N.A.S., Cagney & Lacey, Falcon Crest and probably other shows I'm failing to mention.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Conti

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, TopBilled said:

I'm enjoying this thread. I think we've only begun to scratch the surface. There are attractive game show hosts, daytime soap stars and actors who appeared in westerns we haven't even mentioned yet!

TopBilled, I'm in full agreement with you here. There are so many attractive guys we haven't even covered yet. I also like how we're going from obscure shows like Cover Up to wildly popular shows like Friends.  And it's always nice to revisit guys like River Phoenix we discussed in other threads.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love Will & Grace. I know I mentioned Eric McCormack on another thread, but I just can't get enough of him. His character is easily my favorite. Plus, he's also easy on the eyes.

Another great thing I didn't mention in the other thread was how many dance scenes they had on the show. Eric and Sean Hayes (the other male star on W&G) are very coordinated.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The opening credits for the pilot episode of Hotel. There's a brief ad for Dynasty then it begins. More great Aaron Spelling production values. This was the only episode Bette Davis did, as she was subsequently replaced by Anne Baxter (a bit of an ALL ABOUT EVE inside joke no doubt). James Brolin was the attractive over-30 lead. Supporting actor Shea Farrell has that great clean-cut All-American boy look. Happy Days actress Erin Moran is in the guest cast credits, during what can be considered better days for her. The music for this opening is truly a pleasure to listen to:

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yesterday we saw the season 1 intro for Matt Houston. The program lasted three years. Below is the intro for the third season. The character players from the beginning had been eliminated and replaced with a black actor (Lincoln Kilpatrick) in season 2. During season 3 Buddy Ebsen joined the cast as the main character's uncle. It would be Ebsen's last regular television work. I believe he appeared in most, if not all, of the season 3 episodes though sometimes it was basically just a cameo if the story did not require the use of his character.

In this intro we see the cars have changed. Gone is Houston's fancy Excalibur automobile. He now drives a trendier Mercedes convertible. Also gone are the crotch shots of Lee Horsley that were seen in the season 1 intro. The music is softer but the images seem harder, more violent.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, TopBilled said:

I loved this show. Emerald Point N.A.S. was a primetime soap that aired on CBS for one season. It had respectable ratings but was pushed off the schedule when a massive letter writing campaign caused CBS to bring Cagney & Lacey back. Emerald Point had been given Cagney & Lacey's old time slot. The cast included hunks like Andrew Stevens, Charles Frank and Richard Dean Anderson. The theme song is great. And Susan Dey, who has special billing as Celia, Dennis Weaver's neurotic older daughter, was brilliant and should have had an Emmy nomination. 

 

This sounds like a soap opera version of Top Gun

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

New Members:

Register Here

Learn more about the new message boards:

FAQ

Having problems?

Contact Us