Sign in to follow this  
jaragon

Hot TV Guys

389 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, TopBilled said:

Yesterday we saw the season 1 intro for Matt Houston. The program lasted three years. Below is the intro for the third season. The character players from the beginning had been eliminated and replaced with a black actor (Lincoln Kilpatrick) in season 2. During season 3 Buddy Ebsen joined the cast as the main character's uncle. It would be Ebsen's last regular television work. I believe he appeared in most, if not all, of the season 3 episodes though sometimes it was basically just a cameo if the story did not require the use of his character.

In this intro we see the cars have changed. Gone is Houston's fancy Excalibur automobile. He now drives a trendier Mercedes convertible. Also gone are the crotch shots of Lee Horsley that were seen in the season 1 intro. The music is softer but the images seem harder, more violent.

The original opening had a lighter tone

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TopBilled said:

The opening credits for the pilot episode of Hotel. There's a brief ad for Dynasty then it begins. More great Aaron Spelling production values. This was the only episode Bette Davis did, as she was subsequently replaced by Anne Bancroft (a bit of an ALL ABOUT EVE inside joke no doubt). James Brolin was the attractive over-30 lead. Supporting actor Shea Farrell has that great clean-cut All-American boy look. Happy Days actress Erin Moran is in the guest cast credits, during what can be considered better days for her. The music for this opening is truly a pleasure to listen to:

Gotta love the guest stars and I'm curious about this Shea Farrell person- the show was set in San Francisco but probably too early for any gay references

• Like 1

"Supernatural "(2005-2018) Sam (Jared Paladecki) and Dean (Jensen Ackles) the Winchester brothers forever...

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, jaragon said:

This sounds like a soap opera version of Top Gun

Yeah, I guess you could say that's what it was. The first four episodes are on YouTube. Jill St. John joins the cast in the fourth episode. She ends up staying all season. They needed a female villain since Maud Adams was playing the sympathetic female lead. St. John plays the sister of Weaver's late wife and she supposedly turns up to "mother" his daughters, but we find out as the season goes on that she's involved with some KGB agent. The series was made at the end of the cold war so there is considerable drama about the U.S. military in relation to the Soviet Union.

• Like 2

"JAG"(1995 -2005) David James Elliot fills that uniform nicely. This scene is from the pilot- love the score

• Like 2

Chuck Woolery was the host of several popular game shows. I remember watching him on NBC's Scrabble. 

Here's a blooper from the series. I guess he called a homosexual contestant gay on the air. The man's name is Terry Ray, but Chuck referred to him as Terry Gay.

A show I never watched but remember seeing advertised was the 1982-83 crime drama The Devlin Connection. It aired on NBC for one full season. Not counting his special guest-starring turn on Dynasty two years later, it was Rock Hudson's last leading role on a TV series. Hunky Jack Scalia plays Hudson's eager assistant. Scalia takes his shirt off during the opening credits:

• Like 2

Robert Urich starred in ABC's crime drama Spenser: For Hire which lasted three seasons. They changed the lead actress in the second season, but then brought the original love interest back for the final year. Here's the season 3 intro. You gotta love the way he eats spaghetti in that one shot:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TopBilled said:

Robert Urich starred in ABC's crime drama Spenser: For Hire which lasted three seasons. They changed the lead actress in the second season, but then brought the original love interest back for the final year. Here's the season 3 intro. You gotta love the way he eats spaghetti in that one shot:

Mr Urich was very likeable- the intros are like master classes in film editing

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TopBilled said:

A show I never watched but remember seeing advertised was the 1982-83 crime drama The Devlin Connection. It aired on NBC for one full season. Not counting his special guest-starring turn on Dynasty two years later, it was Rock Hudson's last leading role on a TV series. Hunky Jack Scalia plays Hudson's eager assistant. Scalia takes his shirt off during the opening credits:

I love the gay subtext of the Hudson/Scalia pairing- until I read they are suppose be to father and son- not daddy and boy toy.  The music seem a bit off to me

Jack Scalia got his own series "Pointman"(1994-95) in which he seems to have a prison bromance

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, jaragon said:

Jack Scalia got his own series "Pointman"(1994-95) in which he seems to have a prison bromance

Never heard of it. He was also in a season of Dallas as one of Sue Ellen's lovers. I think it was the 1987-88 season. He died in the cliffhanger at the end of the year. But then he returned in the very last episode in 1991, where J.R. was haunted by a few faces from the past.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, jaragon said:

Mr Urich was very likeable- the intros are like master classes in film editing

Interesting comment. Yes, Spenser: For Hire had better production values than most series.

• Like 1

The sixth and final season of CHiPs added two blonde-haired hunks after the departure of Jon Wilcox. Tom Reilly is Erik Estrada's new partner, and he's in the opening credits. And Bruce Penhall who appears in the preview as a biker appears as a guest star but he was quickly put into the opening credits a short time later and was being groomed at the end to replace Reilly who did not succeed as Wilcox's replacement.

• Like 2

Today, Erik Estrada's treatment of women in the series is extremely questionable.

He usually seems on the point of **** them!

1 hour ago, rayban said:

Today, Erik Estrada's treatment of women in the series is extremely questionable.

He usually seems on the point of **** them!

Are you talking about women he meets on the job? Or women in his personal life?

8 hours ago, TopBilled said:

Are you talking about women he meets on the job? Or women in his personal life?

No, his attitude to the female characters on the show - he usually seems to be on the point of jumping on their bones!

2 hours ago, rayban said:

No, his attitude to the female characters on the show - he usually seems to be on the point of jumping on their bones!

I don't think we can use scenes in CHiPs to push a modern-day theory in support of the me-too movement. It was a different time then, and most of that material was written to be harmless "fun." Usually to promote the idea that Ponch had great sex appeal and the actor was a sex symbol. He never harassed any of those women, they seemed to willingly desire his company in the way those scenes were written and performed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, rayban said:

"Baa Baa Black Sheep" - 1976-1978 - Robert Conrad amid a sea of hot male hunks - 

Baa-Baa-Black-Sheep-Tv-Show-Cast.jpg

All those young lads combined could not equal Robert Conrad's charisma.

• Like 1

Airwolf had a great opening theme song. And of course, it had Jan-Michael Vincent in the lead role.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TopBilled said:

I don't think we can use scenes in CHiPs to push a modern-day theory in support of the me-too movement. It was a different time then, and most of that material was written to be harmless "fun." Usually to promote the idea that Ponch had great sex appeal and the actor was a sex symbol. He never harassed any of those women, they seemed to willingly desire his company in the way those scenes were written and performed.

Yes he was promoted as Latino sex symbol- a lot of women and a few guys wouldn't have minded getting some attention from Estrada

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, TopBilled said:

The sixth and final season of CHiPs added two blonde-haired hunks after the departure of Jon Wilcox. Tom Reilly is Erik Estrada's new partner, and he's in the opening credits. And Bruce Penhall who appears in the preview as a biker appears as a guest star but he was quickly put into the opening credits a short time later and was being groomed at the end to replace Reilly who did not succeed as Wilcox's replacement.

Two very hot men

• Like 2