Sign in to follow this  
jaragon

Hot TV Guys

218 posts in this topic

18 minutes ago, jinsinna13 said:

I remember that show. I've read Pernell Roberts was a piece of work. Michael Landon said he was very unpopular on the set of Bonanza. Landon also said Roberts was constantly threatening to leave the show and was responsible for getting Barry Coe and Guy Williams (two guys who were supposed to replace Roberts at one point or another) fired. I don't know much about his working relationship with Gregory Harrison, though.

I think Pernell had mellowed considerably from the end of his run on Bonanza in 1965 to the start of his role on Trapper John in 1979. I don't recall reading about any problems with him on the set of this show.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, TopBilled said:

Ted McGinley also did two seasons of Dynasty. Here he is in the season 7 intro:

A lot of handsome men on that show

• Like 1

Just now, jaragon said:

A lot of handsome men on that show

Yes. Guys like Michael Nader, Jack Coleman, Gordon Thomson and Wayne Northrop to name a few!

• Like 1

Gregory Harrison in "Logan's Run" (1977-78) I love the disco theme opening sequence.

• Like 2

Lots of good looking guys on Dynasty during the show's final season. Without a doubt season 9 was the best written and best acted year. A fan made this video set to a rocking Bon Jovi tune. We see Linda Evans' last storyline. Her character developed a brain tumor and she went bonkers. There's a classic shot of her throwing plates during a family dinner. We also see Gordon Thomson and Michael Nader on the sofa together. Thomson later gets knocked down the stairs by John Forsythe. Stephanie Beacham appears as Sable, cousin and arch nemesis of Joan Collins' Alexis. They have a brawl in a hotel lobby. Emma Samms finally steps out of Pamela Sue Martin's shadows and hits her stride as Fallon. She never looked better. And John James has graduated to leading man in this last season. So many great things.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, jaragon said:

Gregory Harrison in "Logan's Run" (1977-78) I love the disco theme opening sequence.

He was taking over for Michael York who had played Logan in the hit 1976 film. Not bad for a weekly TV series.

• Like 1

Mark Harmon's youthful good looks are on display in this clip from "Delvechio" (1976)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TopBilled said:

He was taking over for Michael York who had played Logan in the hit 1976 film. Not bad for a weekly TV series.

The cast is good but they lacked the film's budget to pull of the sci-fi spectacle

6 minutes ago, jaragon said:

The cast is good but they lacked the film's budget to pull of the sci-fi spectacle

Agree. It would have worked better as a miniseries, where they could have told a bigger story and not have had to worry about cost containment across a whole year's worth of episodes.

Other shows tried to do space opera in the late 70s and early 80s but none of them really worked. Another example is the original Battlestar Galactica starring Lorne Greene and Richard Hatch.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battlestar_Galactica_(1978_TV_series)

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, TopBilled said:

Agree. It would have worked better as a miniseries, where they could have told a bigger story and not have had to worry about cost containment across a whole year's worth of episodes.

Other shows tried to do space opera in the late 70s and early 80s but none of them really worked. Another example is the original Battlestar Galactica starring Lorne Greene and Richard Hatch.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battlestar_Galactica_(1978_TV_series)

"Logan's Run" the novel is fast paced thought provoking book- it really should be remade

• Like 1

The last season of The A-Team had Robert Vaughn join the cast. George Peppard still played the lead. Nice looking Dirk Benedict continued in his role as Face, and we also saw newcomer Eddie Velez. Then of course there was Mr. T, though I'm not sure how many people found him sexy:

• Like 1

Lots of sexiness and glamour on NBC's short-lived primetime soap Bare Essence. The year was 1982 and Genie Francis, fresh off her recent success on daytime's General Hospital played the lead. It started as a TV miniseries which was a glorified pilot that NBC decided to turn into a regular weekly series. Handsome Michael Woods is among the cast, and so is a young Jonathan Frakes whom Miss Francis married.

• Like 2

Time to mention Lee Majors and Doug Barr in ABC's The Fall Guy. The show was kind of corny but the stunts were fantastic, as evidenced by this season 2 intro (tinted in sepia):

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TopBilled said:

Lots of sexiness and glamour on NBC's short-lived primetime soap Bare Essence. The year was 1982 and Genie Francis, fresh off her recent success on daytime's General Hospital played the lead. It started as a TV miniseries which was a glorified pilot that NBC decided to turn into a regular weekly series. Handsome Michael Woods is among the cast, and so is a young Jonathan Frakes whom Miss Francis married.

Love the over the top theme music

52 minutes ago, jaragon said:

Love the over the top theme music

Yes...ultra dramatic.

"Battlestar Galactica" (1978-1979)besides the state of the art visual effects featured  the enduring bromance between Apollo (Richard Hatch) and Starbuck (Dirk Benedict)...

• Like 2

Those guys from a place down south called Dallas. Patrick Duffy was back and Dack Rambo had been given a spot in the opening credits during season 10:

A shirtless Scott Baio in fan-made credits for the 80s sitcom Charles in Charge:

"Who is the Boss" (1984-1992) Tony Danza take off his shirt for comedy sake...( you know I can really see a gay reboot of this show)

• Like 1

David Soul and Paul Michael Glaser were the bromantic cops in "Starsky and Hutch" (1975-79)

• Like 1

20 hours ago, TopBilled said:

The last season of The A-Team had Robert Vaughn join the cast. George Peppard still played the lead. Nice looking Dirk Benedict continued in his role as Face, and we also saw newcomer Eddie Velez. Then of course there was Mr. T, though I'm not sure how many people found him sexy:

I was actually about to mention The A-Team, but you beat me to it. George Peppard, Dirk Benedict, and Robert Vaughn were all still so sexy.

TopBilled, here's a couple interesting stories about the last season. Robert Vaughn was actually hired to ease the tension between George Peppard (his longtime friend) and Mr. T because they didn't get along. (Vaughn later said in an interview Mr. T was the most eccentric person he ever met.) There was an episode in the last season called The Say U.N.C.L.E. Affair. David McCallum guest starred, and Peppard was extremely jealous because he wanted Vaughn ALL TO HIMSELF.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, jinsinna13 said:

I was actually about to mention The A-Team, but you beat me to it. George Peppard, Dirk Benedict, and Robert Vaughn were all still so sexy.

TopBilled, here's a couple interesting stories about the last season. Robert Vaughn was actually hired to ease the tension between George Peppard (his longtime friend) and Mr. T because they didn't get along. (Vaughn later said in an interview Mr. T was the most eccentric person he ever met.) There was an episode in the last season called The Say U.N.C.L.E. Affair. David McCallum guest starred, and Peppard was extremely jealous because he wanted Vaughn ALL TO HIMSELF.

Interesting. I wasn't sure what precipitated Vaughn's casting. I thought maybe Peppard was negotiating for more money and they brought Vaughn in as a backup in case they had to get rid of Peppard. Glad to know that wasn't the case and the two were actually close pals in real life.

All five seasons are on Starz. I looked at a few of these season 5 episodes because I had never seen any of them before. I remember watching the show earlier in its run. It was a smash hit from the minute it debuted. But by the last season the stories seem quite repetitive. The acting, however, is top notch-- thanks to Vaughn, Peppard and Benedict. Schultz is also a good actor, and even Mr. T is above average.

• Like 2

Tony ( James Darren) and Doug (Robert Colbert) are lost in the infinite corridors of time in Irwin Allen's " The Time Tunnel" (1966) - the bromantic duo had some spectacular adventures thanks to a very clever uses of stock footage. I wish they had made visit to Fire Island in the 70's but hey - "At least they are together"

• Like 2