Sign in to follow this  
Guest dredagain

Three Cornered Moon (1933)

6 posts in this topic

Another solid 1930s comedy about a wacky and wealthy New York City family gone bust and how they cope with having no money and looking for jobs. A top cast here with Claudette Colbert, Mary Boland, Richard Arlen, Lyda Roberti, Wallace Ford, William Bakewell, Tom Brown, Joan Marsh, Hardie Albright, Sam Hardy, and Elliott Nugent (who also directed). Ruth Gordon had starred in the short-lived Broadway play in 1933.

Some similarities between this and *You Can't Take It With You,* which opened on Broadway in 1936 and ran for years. But this pre-Coder has Colbert's boyfriends (Arlen and Albright) both living in their mansion until she finally makes her decision. Colbert is wonderful and Boland is hilarious as the dithery mother.

I absolutely LOVE Mary Boland! She is always wonderful in her film roles. Is this scheduled to air?

THREE-CORNERED MOON is one of the films in a Claudette Colbert box set that is due out in November. Some of the other films are MAID OF SALEM, NO TIME FOR LOVE, BLUEBEARD'S EIGHTH WIFE and THE EGG AND I.

>>THREE-CORNERED MOON is one of the films in a Claudette Colbert box set that is due out in November.

See, it pays to wait and not buy bootlegs. I'd rather have a nice legit print with excellent transfer and sound. They seem to be putting a lot of oldies out on DVD now and I think the trend will continue for quite some time. :)

> {quote:title=goldensilents wrote:}{quote}

> >>THREE-CORNERED MOON is one of the films in a Claudette Colbert box set that is due out in November.

>

> See, it pays to wait and not buy bootlegs. I'd rather have a nice legit print with excellent transfer and sound. They seem to be putting a lot of oldies out on DVD now and I think the trend will continue for quite some time. :)

One can only hope so! :-)

I hope so too! Ive been buying bootlegs for years (oops, did I admit that out loud?) and the quality is not always the greatest.