Sign in to follow this  
Buck'em

Aug. 31st, 2018 Worst Day of SUT Programming Ever!

11 posts in this topic

Marcello Mastoianni???  He's seriously a C-rated actor...  These movies were not watchable when they were produced in the 70's and 80's.  Why does TCM think they would be in 2018?  Perhaps hallucinogens unfairly influenced this poor programming decision. Regardless, there are no classics in today's bunch of Itaiian subtitled films.

I know that there is no accounting for taste---but Marcello Mastroianni is one of my favorite actors.  I had looked forwarded to his day of films for a long time and I give the TCM staff a thumbs up for selecting  him for a day in Summer Under the Stars.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Buck'em said:

Marcello Mastoianni???  He's seriously a C-rated actor...  These movies were not watchable when they were produced in the 70's and 80's.  Why does TCM think they would be in 2018?  Perhaps hallucinogens unfairly influenced this poor programming decision. Regardless, there are no classics in today's bunch of Itaiian subtitled films.

What Italian films from that era do you classify as 'classic'?   

5 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

What Italian films from that era do you classify as 'classic'?   

Salon Kitty, L'ultima orgia del III Reich and various spaghetti westerns. :D :lol: 

• Haha 1

Just now, Gershwin fan said:

Salon Kitty, L'ultima orgia del III Reich and various spaghetti westerns. :D :lol: 

I assume you figured out what I'm trying to determine here;   Does the OP really dislike Mastroianni and believe he is a lousy actor OR is that post mostly about the fact TCM showed foreign films (e.g. they just hate anything with subtitles).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

I assume you figured out what I'm trying to determine here;   Does the OP really dislike Mastroianni and believe he is a lousy actor OR is that post mostly about the fact TCM showed foreign films (e.g. they just hate anything with subtitles).

Yeah, I got what you're saying. I was just joking around. :lol: If you check the OP's profile, he has made very few threads and all of them were to just complain and start threads like this one. I think he's a troll.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Hepburn Fan said:

I don't care for movie after movie with subtitles.

That is understandable,  I don't either,  but of course that is what is going to happen when TCM selects a foreign actor for SUTS.          

I actually watch TCM for these obscure films. If you don't like it you've go 364 other days of the year to watch Hollywood classics.