Sign in to follow this  
bundie

Can anybody tell me the theme?

8 posts in this topic

I'm usually able to figure out the "theme of the day" (performer, title, subject matter), but the lineup of 09/06/2018 has me stumped. Can anyone tell me what these films have in common?

I Take This Woman, Men in White, Knockout, The World Changes, Oil for the Lamps of China, An American Romance, The Power and the Prize.

BLU

13 hours ago, bundie said:

I'm usually able to figure out the "theme of the day" (performer, title, subject matter), but the lineup of 09/06/2018 has me stumped. Can anyone tell me what these films have in common?

I Take This Woman, Men in White, Knockout, The World Changes, Oil for the Lamps of China, An American Romance, The Power and the Prize.

BLU

Troubled relationships?

Each lead men in each film is destined for either fame, wealth, notariety, great achievements or success in one way or another.

Each story shows a chronological progression of their respective careers, their personal relationships, family history and critical life-altering decisions and how each of these influences the rise, fall & eventual outcome of their various successes and/or failures.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, bundie said:

I don't think Clark Gable's character was married in Men in White...

BLU

The plot description from Leonard Maltin (who isn't always accurate!) says Gable is "torn between his medical practice and his marriage to a society girl".