Sign in to follow this  
David Guercio

Where Could I Find The Message That Says Burt Renolds Tribute Soon

8 posts in this topic

Someone posted a message about a Burt Renolds tribute soon.  Which board is it on?  I would love to read it.  I think a Burt Renolds tribute would be so cool.

1 hour ago, David Guercio said:

Someone posted a message about a Burt Renolds tribute soon.  Which board is it on?  I would love to read it.  I think a Burt Renolds tribute would be so cool.

A few have posted messages that TCM should do a Reynolds tribute but as far as I know TCM hasn't announced if there will be one.   My guess is that there will only be no 'special' tribute,  but instead one film shown during the TCM Memorials in late December.   (and that Deliverance being an Oscar winner will be that one film).

But again, all of the above is speculation at this time. 

I would prefer the 'Smokey' Trilogy. I might agree with JJG in that any tribute won't be a full day. I will also say, the answer to the question is in my previous post.

1 hour ago, Hepburn Fan said:

I would prefer the 'Smokey' Trilogy. I might agree with JJG in that any tribute won't be a full day. I will also say, the answer to the question is in my previous post.

The Smokey Trilogy belongs to Universal and that will cost money. TCM's parent company already owns the rights to Sharky's Machine, Stroker Ace, Hooper, City Heat, Cannonball Run, Boogie Nights, and Deliverance. Any tribute on TCM would probably include these.

Turner Classic Movies (TCM) will celebrate the life and career of iconic actor, director and producer Burt Reynolds with a six-film tribute on Wednesday, December 26. Reynolds, who passed away on September 6 at the age of 82, was an Academy Award®-nominated actor who was in more than 100 feature films ranging from comedies to thrillers and was also a staple on television shows like Evening Shade.

The following is the complete schedule for TCM's tribute to Burt Reynolds:

TCM Remembers Burt Reynolds – Wednesday, December 26

8:00 p.m. Smokey and the Bandit (1977) – A maverick trucker tries to save a runaway bride and a shipment of contraband beer from a small-town sheriff.

10:00 p.m. Deliverance (1972) – During a hunting vacation, four men fight against a murderous clan of backwoodsmen.

12:00 a.m. The Longest Yard (1974) – When a disgraced NFL quarterback is sent to prison for stealing a car, he’s forced by the sadistic warden to take part in a convicts versus guards exhibition football game.

2:15 a.m. Hooper (1978) – An aging stuntman teams up with a young hotshot.

4:15 a.m. Smokey and the Bandit II (1980) – A raucous political race results in the comeback of the wild ways of the Bandit, again pursued by arch enemy Sheriff Buford T. Justice.

6:00 a.m. Best Friends (1982) – Longtime roommates and professional partners find they aren't prepared to make it legal.

https://www.turner.com/pressroom/united-states/tcm/tcm-celebrate-legendary-actor-burt-reynolds

• Thanks 1

I,m actually hoping they show a whole bunch of his movies if there,s a tribute.  Including Cop And A Half from 1993.  Remember when he was Officer Nick Makena?  That,s how I got to know who he was.  Great movie too.

Too bad they couldn't program THE END.  Pat O'Brien and Myrna Loy played his parents.  Plus Dom De Luise is beyond hilarious!  I think it's my favorite Reynolds comedy.

• Like 2