Sign in to follow this  
darkblue

65 Women from Kavanaugh's High School Days Come Together to Call Out Scummy Feinstein on Her Dirty ****

407 posts in this topic

24 minutes ago, calvinnme said:

I can see how you would be confused. Everything you say about collection of evidence is true. However, before there was such a thing as DNA evidence, all that the physical evidence could do was say this person might have been the attacker or could not be the attacker. It was not the identifying marker it was today. Thus there was a statute of limitations whether there was a report of a crime and physical evidence or not. Once DNA became a tool of crime solvers, it could say there is a one in 7 billion chance you are not the attacker. In the face of such daunting statistics many states extended their statute of limitations for rape if DNA evidence existed since DNA evidence never forgets. I hope that this is clearer.

Some rapists - usually the rarer stranger rapist - wear condoms just to try to prevent the collection of DNA evidence.

Thanks for the reply.  DB's reply also helped clear up my confusion.

The issue is that someone made a viable complaint about Kavanaugh's conduct when he was 17.  At that age he could have joined the military and decided whether or not to shoot people.  Therefore, he should have known that he was assaulting a woman who was intoxicated.  His being drunk is irrelevant.

As for the 65 women, that sure was created very quickly.  In addition, it merely states that liked him and were not aware of any behavioral problems.  Probably a lot of guys on death row could come up with 65 women who were not aware they had any problems either.

Bottom line, there is sufficient doubt as to his fitness for a life-time appointment to the Supreme Court.  Based on this event and everything else that has come out about him.  Then there are the things that the Republicans are hiding.

He needs to withdraw.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, mr6666 said:

may be the question Congress should answer before they do any voting

Yeah, that could work. All these new smears are just what the doctor ordered for delaying the vote till after the mid terms and then maybe, just maybe, the dems will have enough reps to stop it completely. 

So what if he's already passed 6 FBI checks with flying colors - dems have to stop a conservative dammit, even with phony smears like 36 year old attempted rapes and bogus perjury claims.

Don't they.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, mr6666 said:

All the people who were foaming at the mouth about Franken are conspicuously “no comment” on Kavanaugh.

It’s almost as if the principled conservatives were outraged based on politics, not propriety.

Yeah 'cause there's a picture of Kavanaugh pretending to touch someone's chest 36 years ago.

• Haha 1

Maybe this thread should now be called '2 women come forward' since 63 have dropped out since Dr. Ford came forward and identified herself. They were not told why they were being asked to sign onto this opinion letter in the first place.

• Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, darkblue said:

Yeah, no kidding.

But what's any of that got to do with your discussion with james regarding rape, statutes of limitation, Cosby, DNA evidence and even the Golden State Killer?

No wonder james doesn't understand what you mean. 

James said he is clear now, partially due to what you said. What is your question?

1 hour ago, Bogie56 said:

Maybe this thread should now be called '2 women come forward' since 63 have dropped out since Dr. Ford came forward and identified herself. They were not told why they were being asked to sign onto this opinion letter in the first place.

Rather funny. 63 people signed an opinion letter and had no idea what and why they were signing?

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, calvinnme said:

Rather funny. 63 people signed an opinion letter and had no idea what and why they were signing?

Indeed.  All 65 had no idea.  Now only 2 still stand by their comments.  Take that in and read this thread title again.

7 hours ago, jakeem said:

Only two of the 65 women who vouched for Kavanaugh stand by him after accuser comes forward

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/09/two-65-women-vouched-kavanaugh-stand-accuser-comes-forward/

TyVRd-GP?format=jpg&name=600x314

Reportedly none of the 65 women attended the drinking party in question. So how can you be a witness to something or testify as to what happened when you weren't even there?

The way these women talk Kavanaugh was not a heavy drinker--

maybe they've never even seen him so drunk. But his buddy has written a book about their hard-drinking times and prep school and I'm sure everybody's looking forward to reading it. 

18 hours ago, hamradio said:

IF it happened!

After 30+ years and everyone virtually falling down drunk at the time of ALLEGED event.

I can barely remember my HS days and was sober 24 /7.

If it didn't happen don't sweat it. That's what the investigation will find out --exactly what's going on here.

Accusations of attempted forcible rape are no joke and shouldn't be treated as such.

1 minute ago, Princess of Tap said:

If it didn't happen don't sweat it. That's what the investigation will find out --exactly what's going on here.

Accusations of attempted forcible rape are no joke and shouldn't be treated as such.

So many comics around here.     An investigation 36 years after something allegedly occurred is NOT going to find out exactly what's going on.   

Attempted forcible rape is no joke.     Victims need to treat it as something serious by reporting what happened to the proper authorities within hours after the occurrence.    While I understand that can be difficult,   not reporting it in 'real-time' allows perpetrators to get away with their crimes.

7 hours ago, calvinnme said:

The Golden State Killer is going to get away with all of those rapes he committed because they occurred in the 1970s, long before DNA evidence was around.

Actually he was found with the help of DNA evidence.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/public-safety/to-find-alleged-golden-state-killer-investigators-first-found-his-great-great-great-grandparents/2018/04/30/3c865fe7-dfcc-4a0e-b6b2-0bec548d501f_story.html?utm_term=.324508b18364

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

So many comics around here.     An investigation 36 years after something allegedly occurred is NOT going to find out exactly what's going on.   

Attempted forcible rape is no joke.     Victims need to treat it as something serious by reporting what happened to the proper authorities within hours after the occurrence.    While I understand that can be difficult,   not reporting it in 'real-time' allows perpetrators to get away with their crimes.

Your advice is reasoned but I can completely understand how a 15 year old girl in the early 80's would not go running to the police when attacked by a drunken lout at a party.  It just wasn't encouraged back then.  And judging by the campaigns to discredit them you can understand why.  Women have been living with these problems in silence.

They should ask Kavanaugh if he too is willing to take a lie detector test and see what his response is.  I would think that in general people that are lying do not usually volunteer to do such a test.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gershwin fan said:

Yes, I know. The evidence taken in the 70s, which at the time could only establish blood type, was by the 90s capable of providing a DNA profile. However the law for rape in California in the 70s had a statute of limitations that has long expired. Instead the DNA is being used to link the Golden State Killer to the murders he committed, which have no statute of limitations.

whatta crock. senator Feinstein the regular carol brady of the senate finds herself constrained for months by blasey ford's desire to maintain confidentiality and anonymity and now all of a sudden we hear she's passed a polygraph test and her national debut is on Monday.

7 hours ago, calvinnme said:

James said he is clear now, partially due to what you said. What is your question?

Question for you? From me?

Yeah. That'll happen.

4 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

An investigation 36 years after something allegedly occurred is NOT going to find out exactly what's going on. 

What's going on is an 11thhour smear attempt in a desperate bid by Democrats to stop a conservative judge from getting to the Supreme Court. Cynically hoping that this "Hail, Mary" pass will succeed because of the "metoo" era we are now experiencing. Democrats have reached a state of having no honor. None.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, darkblue said:

What's going on is an 11thhour smear attempt in a desperate bid by Democrats to stop a conservative judge from getting to the Supreme Court. Cynically hoping that this "Hail, Mary" pass will succeed because of the "metoo" era we are now experiencing. Democrats have reached a state of having no honor. None.

Desperation was the point I was trying to make in my "boy pulling girl's pigtail" post.  How FAR back in a person's life some are willing to go?  Kids do sexually assault.

Authorities may not name him but the girl may 50 years from now.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/suburbs/ct-met-boy-14-charged-with-sexual-assault-20180606-story.html

Even if he gets help and turn his life around, the new trend of dredging up ancient past will follow him for the rest of his life, especially if he goes into politics.

19 minutes ago, hamradio said:

Desperation was the point I was trying to make in my "boy pulling girl's pigtail" post.  How FAR back in a person's life some are willing to go?  Kids do sexually assault.

Authorities may not name him but the girl may 50 years from now.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/suburbs/ct-met-boy-14-charged-with-sexual-assault-20180606-story.html

Even if he gets help and turn his life around, the new trend of dredging up ancient past will follow him for the rest of his life, especially if he goes into politics.

MGTOW is growing greater by the minute.

She is a liberal Democrat working at a liberal school seeing a shrink in a liberal state and suddenly recalls something concerning a Republican up for a Supreme Court seat from 35 years earlier during marital counseling , and her main alibi is her husband she has been having the problems with. Yep, sounds quite logical to any Democrat.

7 minutes ago, MovieMadness said:

She is a liberal Democrat working at a liberal school seeing a shrink in a liberal state and suddenly recalls something concerning a Republican up for a Supreme Court seat from 35 years earlier during marital counseling , and her main alibi is her husband she has been having the problems with. Yep, sounds quite logical to any Democrat.

And she faces a prison term if found to be lying after her voluntary testimony to Congress and the scorn from people like you.  She has already had threats.  I believe her.  I would believe her if she was accusing a democrat.  Your statement about her being a liberal democrat as her reason for coming forward is idiotic.

• Like 3