Sign in to follow this  
lydecker

Do You Watch TCM Underground Often?

107 posts in this topic

42 minutes ago, scsu1975 said:

TCM has also shown Rat Pfink a Boo Boo. It is about as bad as it sounds, but at least the film does provide a public service. When Rat Pfink and Boo Boo are chasing the bad guys, and have to pause at an intersection, Rat Pfink reminds Boo Boo to "always look both ways before crossing the street."

6AVlWoZ.png

A funny story about the title, it was supposed to be Rat Fink and Boo Boo there was a printing mistake in the title and they went with it.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, cigarjoe said:

A funny story about the title, it was supposed to be Rat Fink and Boo Boo there was a printing mistake in the title and they went with it.

Which makes it even funnier

3 hours ago, cigarjoe said:

I guess somebody made a boo boo.  That rat fink.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I was just going through some of my vintage keyboard stuff last week, and I meant to post this.  Not Giorgio Moroder, but so what.

This should really be the TCM Underground bumper music.  forum-twisted.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Heh, only heard (Syracuse native) Grace Jone's version of that. I had forgotten how simple real punk rock was. (no wonder I could play/sing it)

14 hours ago, TikiSoo said:

Heh, only heard (Syracuse native) Grace Jone's version of that. I had forgotten how simple real punk rock was. (no wonder I could play/sing it)

This thing reminds me of a very small-time experimental group I read about, in the early 2000s, that attached a lapel mic to the print head of an old-style dot matrix printer.  They "played" it as one of their instruments by sending different repeating patterns of text to the printer. 

Like this:
https://youtu.be/A_vXA058EDY?t=34

Probably too impractical, complicated, and not enough joy for punk though.

I think TCM Underground programming is truly important for the diversity factor at TCM.  TCM is the best channel out there if you want to watch something different (nothing even comes close to replacing it).  As well as showing your favorites, it can introduce even the most sophisticated movie enthusiast to something new or something they have been trying to track down to see. And this is why TCM is instrumental in expanding our film knowledge.  TCM always has something to broaden our consciousness. 

I do watch a lot of TCM Underground. Lots of the movies shown are quirky and silly; they might show a certain trend or are purely bizarre. Definitely great programming and certainly should be continued.

A couple of notable films that should never be missed when shown on "Underground":

The Hidden (1987)

Riki-Oh: The Story of Ricky (1991)

• Like 2