Sign in to follow this  
CaveGirl

Imaginary Places You'd Like to Visit

75 posts in this topic

I'll admit it, I've always wanted to visit Skull Island, where Skull Mountain supposedly exists along with Kong, as one of my favorite film locales.

Now, I'd not want to be the bride of Kong, since it seems like a thankless task, nor do I even want to go to the wedding feast.

I might want to watch Kong take on any contenders from the Lycosidae Family though, as that would be ripping good sport. I also would probably enjoy things more if Robert Armstrong were along, since I find him and his ebullience quite appealing but it is not necessary if we have a good captain aboard and able mates.

I have a nice still camera and a old Super 8 one also, plus tripods if I need to take any fast action shots of any Robert Ripley or Frank Buck types incidents, to bring back to civilization.

What imaginary film spot in the world or the Lesser Antilles* and beyond, would you like to visit?

*I think ahead now. This is a joke. I got this line from W.C. Fields and know that the Lesser Antilles are actually a part of this world.

• Like 1

I'd like to visit the Walter Parks Thatcher Memorial Library.

Screen Shot 2018-09-19 at 1.50.04 PM.jpg

And see what else there is to know about Charles Foster Kane.

Screen Shot 2018-09-19 at 1.49.35 PM.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Klopstockia

Because I like the name Angela and I think I can out arm wrestle W. C. Fields

american-comic-actors-w-c-fields-and-hug

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, TopBilled said:

I'd like to visit the Walter Parks Thatcher Memorial Library.

Screen Shot 2018-09-19 at 1.50.04 PM.jpg

And see what else there is to know about Charles Foster Kane.

Screen Shot 2018-09-19 at 1.49.35 PM.jpg

Oh, yeah!

I don't know if my ears could take all those clanking sounds that keep reverberating off the walls though, which could kill one's eardrums. I think that place needs some nice rugs and curtains to mask some of those sounds. Other than that, what a fine choice and don't talk out loud or you might get thrown out by that nasty librarian, TB!

• Haha 1

Well, and not that it's in a movie as far as I know, but ever since the early-'70s and when these three dudes in bell bottom pants told me about this one place where the rains there can wash away your troubles, your pain, your sorrows and your shame in a catchy little ditty they sang in three part harmony, I've been kind'a thinkin' a visit to THAT imaginary place might've been pretty cool, CG. ;)

(...but for an imaginary place in a movie, you'll have to give me some time to think about that) 

• Confused 1

The parallel universe in "The Golden Compass" just to experience how the laws of physics differs from ours.

Just have to remember not to mention that annoying "dust" the freaks out the powers that be. Like them to visit our universe, the deserts will be the ultimate nightmare. :lol:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRmQG_MxAsCU6xK7aQUvG0

0ee5e0fec73ef885545c443608ec8400.jpg

alethiometer_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqZ8K7pwcOk

TheGoldenCompass-19.jpg

Edited by hamradio
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Oz would be a pretty trippy place to visit, but I don't think I would like the ride in a cyclone to get there!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cigarjoe said:

IMAGINARY PLACES YOU'D LIKE TO VISIT?

Twumps brain but I'd have to find it first.....

:blink:

Gawd!  It'd probably be more confusing and much colder than that hedge maze in THE SHINING.  :huh:

But one imaginary movie place I'd LOVE to visit, is THE EMERALD CITY in the land of Oz, and get "a clip,clip here" and "a clip, clip there" by those leggy ladies at the WASH & BRUSH UP CO.  ;) 

Maybe too, a leasurely stroll through 'TOON TOWN.

With a quick stop for a malted milk in PLEASANTVILLE.   :) 

Sepiatone

• Like 2

18 hours ago, TomJH said:

Klopstockia

Good call, Tom!

I'd also kill to visit Klopstokia, just to hear Jack Oakie sing The Klopstokian Love Song.

The words "Woof bloogle gik" are always so endearing and a turn on...

4 hours ago, cigarjoe said:

IMAGINARY PLACES YOU'D LIKE TO VISIT?

Twumps brain but I'd have to find it first.....

You could do that if you also visited the personnel in the movie "Fantastic Voyage" and they could shrink you down to enter his bloodstream.

If you brought along the FV's star, Raquel Welch, you might get admittance to his bwain.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Sepiatone said:

:blink:

Gawd!  It'd probably be more confusing and much colder than that hedge maze in THE SHINING.  :huh:

But one imaginary movie place I'd LOVE to visit, is THE EMERALD CITY in the land of Oz, and get "a clip,clip here" and "a clip, clip there" by those leggy ladies at the WASH & BRUSH UP CO.  ;) 

Maybe too, a leasurely stroll through 'TOON TOWN.

With a quick stop for a malted milk in PLEASANTVILLE.   :) 

Sepiatone

Would you be in the black and white "Pleasantville" or the colorful version, Sepia, or maybe just a sepia wash town like Dorothy's in Kansas?

• Haha 1

I'd like to travel back in time to 1933 New York City and hang around the theater where the musical 42nd Street takes place, then travel forward to 1960 Rome and accompany Marcello Mastroianni's character to observe the glitterati in La Dolce Vita.  I'm choosing safe places. As much as I love film noir, I don't want to take my chances with a femme fatale.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, cinemaspeak59 said:

I'd like to travel back in time to 1933 New York City and hang around the theater where the musical 42nd Street takes place, then travel forward to 1960 Rome and accompany Marcello Mastroianni's character to observe the glitterati in La Dolce Vita.  I'm choosing safe places. As much as I love film noir, I don't want to take my chances with a femme fatale.

Wow, what a fine road trip that would be, cinemaspeak!

Say hi, to Busby for me and enjoy your time wading in the Fountain of Trevi.

• Like 1

Why of course...FREEDONIA!!!

Always seemed like a pretty nice place to visit.

(...well, whenever there's not all that strife with its neighboring country of Sylvania, anyway)

• Haha 1

On 9/19/2018 at 4:58 PM, TomJH said:

Klopstockia

But you better beware of Mata Machree, the hottest thing in old Klopstockia!

MillionDollarLegs14.png

• Thanks 1

I'd like to visit Bedford Falls (of It's A Wonderful Life.) It looks like a quaint little town and the folks (except Potter and his posse) are friendly and genuine.

• Like 2

I'd like to be a weekend guest at one of the posh homes featured in movies of the 30s and 40s.  The ones with large rooms packed with gorgeous and tasteful furniture.  I'd especially like to spend time in one that had a breakfast nook, window seats, a well-stocked library, and a spacious patio.  There should be a formal dining room, a game room, and perhaps an exercise room.  Of course there would be a lovely garden, and staff to wait on me.  There might be a stable, a kennel, and a pool with a little fountain or waterfall.  And the weather would be perfect all the time, the company witty and beautiful, and the candy dishes always full.

Okay, now while the following may seem as "kinky" as the Nipster's apparent constant wish to have an encounter with a 50ft tall woman, I'll now say that I'd LOVE to visit the planet Venus.

No, NOT the real planet of Venus, but the imaginary Venus envisioned in that 1958 camp classic Queen of Outer Space !

I mean what's NOT to like here, RIGHT?! I'd be surrounded by a bunch of really hot young women dressed in those sexy, short and form-fitting Mid-Century style gowns and watchin' 'em prancin' around in those high-heels!

qos2.jpg

(...Yep, and MAYBE even gettin' into a little fun "wrestling" action with 'em like lucky Dave Willock is doin' here!)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, hamradio said:

That looks like Star Trek meets Forbidden Planet.

Yeah, kind'a I suppose, ham.

EXCEPT, in Forbidden Planet there was just ONE "hot young woman dressed in one of those sexy, short and form-fitting Mid-Century gowns and prancin' around in high-heels"!

(...and Leslie Nielsen already had dibs on her)  ;)

• Haha 1