Sign in to follow this  
Erika

TCM Back Lot, in Ottawa, Canada

4 posts in this topic

Does this exist?  Is it only available in the US?  I am an avid TCM fan.  Why can't I be a back lot member and be in Canada?  I would love a T-shirt and a bag, to show my support.

On 9/22/2018 at 2:08 AM, Erika said:

Does this exist?  Is it only available in the US?  I am an avid TCM fan.  Why can't I be a back lot member and be in Canada?  I would love a T-shirt and a bag, to show my support.

Good luck with that, Erika. I looked into becoming a TCM Backlot member a few years ago, or whenever it first started. Not sure I would have joined, but just wanted more information about it to make a decision. However, I didn't get very far before I found out that Canadians, at least, Canadians living in Canada, cannot join.

And how about all those times TCM shows interesting and sometimes rare films, but they're blocked from airing in Canada?  Some kind of "rights" issue. Very frustrating.

Hey, since you posted this there was that terrible tornado in the Ottawa area. Hope everything's ok.

What a load of BS! Wonder what's behind the reasoning that Canadians cant join???

• Thanks 1

How unfair that you cannot start a club in Canada and you can't see all the films. Do TCM & Fathom Events screen classic films in Canada the way they do in the US? I just saw Ben Hur. I live in central Connecticut and work for Dartmouth College in New Hampshire. I will start traveling to Canada to visit Dartmouth alumni there. I would like to meet film lovers in Canada. Where are the best theaters in Ottawa? Have you ever attended the Toronto Film Festival? I have attended the TCM Festival in Hollywood - it's wonderful! Good luck from Donna in Connecticut