Sign in to follow this  
David Guercio

Count Dracula As Vampire Of The Month

8 posts in this topic

Count Dracula is the consummate vampire. I'm hard pressed to name another except maybe Lestat. I know we've had movies about his brides etc. but Vlad is the king. Who else could even be "vampire of the month"? 

44 minutes ago, Hoganman1 said:

I'm hard pressed to name another except maybe Lestat. I know we've had movies about his brides etc. but Vlad is the king. Who else could even be "vampire of the month"? 

Yeah, was about to say, "Gee, Count Yorga must be disappointed, and Blacula's asking for a recount..."

To tell ya the truth here, I'm kind'a surprised TCM, our "Wine Selection" classic movie channel, hasn't now thought of maybe partnering with the General Mills Corporation!

Uh-huh, 'cause THEN during this October's celebration of movie vampires, they could have featured Eddie Muller sitting at his breakfast table hawking the following processed food item...

il_570xN.532617113_hg00.jpg

YEAH, so how about a "TCM Breakfast Cereal Club" tie-in now, I say?! Could work TOO, couldn't IT?!

(...btw...the Count up there on the box...now, is it only me, or does he look a lot like Liberace???)

• Haha 1

Over 80 years, many versions of Dracula.......Bela Lugosi still can't be topped. Neither can that surreal setting.

giphy.gif