Sign in to follow this  
cigarjoe

National Presidential Alert?

10 posts in this topic

I just got this over the cell phone, it was a test, it was like an Amber Alert. What is it?, and did anybody else get it? 

37 minutes ago, cigarjoe said:

I just got this over the cell phone, it was a test, it was like an Amber Alert. What is it?, and did anybody else get it? 

It was talked about frequently on my TV news last evening. Otherwise I would not know. I don't have a smart phone but it did come over my cable television system.

What is it though? Is it going to give us a heads up when Twump hits the launch button before SS Twump hits the IRS Iceberg?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, cigarjoe said:

What is it though? Is it going to give us a heads up when Twump hits the launch button before SS Twump hits the IRS Iceberg?

It's a national-level emergency alert system, as opposed to the individually state-run EAS around the country. 

• Thanks 1

This was originally scheduled a few months ago, but delayed for some reason.  I saw or heard it mentioned several times on local news, national news, in magazines, etc.

It really is not a "presidential" alert so much as the highest level federal government alert.  Supposed to be used only in times of a national emergency.  I would suppose another Sept. 11 or similar.

While other alerts, warnings, etc. can be blocked from phones, this one cannot.  Ironically I do not believe it came through on my land line.

I hope Donny pulls one of these when he gets word that Kavanaugh is confirmed.

:lol:

1 hour ago, NipkowDisc said:

I hope Donny pulls one of these when he gets word that Kavanaugh is confirmed.

:lol:

It is absolutely NOT for that.  The alert will be with us long after Trump is gone.

I know I know but it sure would rile the democrats.

:)

I doan have a cellphone anyway.