Sign in to follow this  
NipkowDisc

The Mummy's Hand

59 posts in this topic

On 10/10/2018 at 9:36 AM, Hibi said:

LOL! I remember going as a mummy once. I cant remember if I wore TP or what, but it kept coming off and I had to stop at a neighbors house for repairs during treating!

Come on Hibi, you're younger than I am, and it was TP, don't you remember? And it did keep coming off. In fact you left a trail of the stuff blowing down the street after us wherever we went. You were 14 or 15 at the time, kinda short, and wore your hair long and blonde (sometimes with pigtails), you had a belly board and loved the beach, and you looked great in your bikini. We repaired your "costume" with scotch tape and more TP that we carried in our bags. I had crepe hair glued to my face with spirit gum and during our frequent "repairs" you would try to pluck some of it out because making me wince and say "ow" made you laugh. You helped hold one of the flashlights and kept moving it up to your face to create spooky shadows and then tried to freak us out with weird noises.... I remember it all so well. But you didn't go by the handle "Hibi" in those days (although you did fancy yourself as a little "hippie"), so where did that nick-name come from anyway? ;):)

15 hours ago, Hibi said:

What a memory!

:rolleyes::D

I thought you were going to say, "What an imagination." -_-

On 10/9/2018 at 10:00 PM, TomJH said:

Speak for yourself.

mummys-hand-mummy-face-eyes-tom-tyler-60

That was a REALLY cool special effect, but what impresses me about this thread of about 54 posts is lack of mention of WHO played the mummy in this particular movie. That's got to be a first. :)

Of course, if you take off all the makeup and bandages, you get Mr. Wonderful.

TheMummysHand9.jpg

TheMummysHand7.JPG

TheMummysHand10.jpg

Pittsburgh_Post_Gazette_PA_June_12_1940.

9 hours ago, MaryGH said:

That was a REALLY cool special effect, but what impresses me about this thread of about 54 posts is lack of mention of WHO played the mummy in this particular movie. That's got to be a first. :)

Of course, if you take off all the makeup and bandages, you get Mr. Wonderful.

We wanted to keep it under wraps.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, LawrenceA said:

GI85gMf.gif

"And I really want to thank the band. They're really giving it their all, aren't they, folks? Last time I saw this kind of enthusiasm was when Lon Chaney was getting made up as the Mummy."

MummysGhost_2-1.jpg

• Haha 1

On 10/13/2018 at 11:18 AM, MaryGH said:

And here is our frightful movie monster himself, Tom Tyler! ❤️

TTPublicity14.jpg

Okay, is it just me or maybe just the cowboy hat and kerchief they have in common here, BUT.......

open-uri20150422-20810-10n7ovy_9b42e613.

???

Especially around the mouth and nose area, right?!

(...so Mary...bet your favorite Toy Story character is Woody, huh) ;)