sewhite2000

In Case You Were Wondering What TCM is Going to Do for its 25th Anniversary

26 posts in this topic

Yawn.

As the usual sarcastic curmudgeon......

Everyone thinks they'd be so much better than the professional hosts, here's their chance to be "discovered"! Just another marketing ploy for the perpetual narcissist.

It'll be fun to see if any regulars on this board are "chosen". Dreadful if they are rudely & personally criticized by fellow board members as the professional hosts have been.

• Haha 2

It worked for Tiffany Vazquez, even though she only kept the job for a little while. 

When they had the fan programmers the first time on the 10th anniversary, there were at least half of them from regular posters on these boards. But there was no contest; someone in the TCM HQ decided to choose a few people who posted here. None of those people are around here much anymore though. 

ONCE AGAIN, replace Karger-(read him yrs in my EW magazine's, he is too pc)

With MALTIN & EVEN WINONA (Laura) HOROWITZ-(RYTDER)  she filled in an entire week when OSBO was out & was also a GP & WINONA knows her stuff

BOGDANOVICH ALSO SHOULD BE CONSIDERED

& IS *WILLIAM GOLDEN-(l931-)( STILL HERE?-(he wrote superb items from "PREMIERE MAGAZIUNE" & usually ended with his own fav. movie being GUNGA DIN!

I was able to get a few tcm memorabilia items, a very rare tcm duffel bag just being one, though suffered water damage due to a previous landlord, still, I always use it

NOW TO EDITING TEAM/MODERATORS, THIS IS IT, DINALLY OUR TIME-(25th) TO LET US VOTE-(like every other movie medium) in a poll on our all-time favs in THE M.O.V.I.E.S  not only films, performers,etc

PLEASE CONSIDER & PASS ON

AMC-(before the change)& like the long in the waiting & incredibally overdue TCM-ITE polls-(P.S. AFI, Sight and Sound, BFI, EW, PREMIERE, Hollywood.com, TV Guide, imdb.com, rotten tomatoes, classic images/films of the golden age-(kind of was once the same) & more have long conducted these. All our fav. network has done is have a 15th Anniversary/Most Influential Movies Poll" But it was by your editors & not the fans???

SAVED ALL IN MY MOVIE FILES

PLUS, a long overdue poster to, please!?

THANK YOU

(SEE CURRENT POST JUST AS AN EXAMPLE ON THE FMR AMERICAN MOVIE CLASSICS-(now just AMC as of either 2000 ) AMC-(which was co-hosted by Nick Clooney-(l931-) *George's father & still with us & Bob Dorian, they desperately wanted R. Osborne but he got his greater TCM deal instead) I even won a Western Poster in a trivia contest from them back then! HOWEVER,as I just stated for this that want entire list on all others from files, just ask, BUT, I made an error, below list/poll is from (ILMS OF THE GOLDEN AGE/CLASSSIC IMAGES instead)>

NOW, from it's readers poll/survey on fans favs>-(think most on here may agree more then w/AFI's mammoth two specials polls though from 1998 & 2007)>(but in case someone wants to know I'll check my ever growing files & list all final fifty, overall ten here>

& again, by a 2000 readers survey by CI & FOGA>

1st place *GWTW (l939) (Selznick/M-G-M) (WON! wih 115 votes)

2. *"Casablanca" (l943) (Warner Bros.) (100 votes casted)

3. "The wizard of 0z" (l939) M-G-M) (62)

4. "Singin' In the Rain" (l952) (M-G-M) (58 overall)

5th place in voting "Citizen Kane"(l94l) (RKO Radio) (51)

6. "It's a Wonderful Life" (l946 ) (RKO) (Got 50 votes)

7. "King Kog" (l933) (Selznick/RKO) (48)

8. *"All About Eve" (l950)) (20th Century Fox) (46)

9. "Sunset Blvd." (l950) (Paramount) (43 overall votes tallied)

& 10th place "Shane" (l953) (Paramount) (with 41)

AS USUAL & AGAIN IF ANYBODY WOULD LIKE THE REST 15 out of 25 PLEASE REPLY,etc

5 hours ago, hamradio said:

Always really liked her-(whats not to like, right?) but it was her *Oscar nommed explosive role in '79's THE ROSE (***-out of 4 stars)that really put the  hook in me. My buddy of 28yrs had his very first vacation to NYC 7 got to see her in a Broadway Show & got excited BIG0TIME! When at the finale she shook some fans hands his among them too! (NOTE: Her absolute worst yet 1982's "JINXED" (*)

16 hours ago, spence said:

(SEE CURRENT POST JUST AS AN EXAMPLE ON THE FMR AMERICAN MOVIE CLASSICS-(now just AMC as of either 2000 ) AMC-(which was co-hosted by Nick Clooney-(l931-) *George's father & still with us & Bob Dorian, they desperately wanted R. Osborne but he got his greater TCM deal instead) I even won a Western Poster in a trivia contest from them back then! HOWEVER,as I just stated for this that want entire list on all others from files, just ask, BUT, I made an error, below list/poll is from (ILMS OF THE GOLDEN AGE/CLASSSIC IMAGES instead)>

NOW, from it's readers poll/survey on fans favs>-(think most on here may agree more then w/AFI's mammoth two specials polls though from 1998 & 2007)>(but in case someone wants to know I'll check my ever growing files & list all final fifty, overall ten here>

& again, by a 2000 readers survey by CI & FOGA>

1st place *GWTW (l939) (Selznick/M-G-M) (WON! wih 115 votes)

2. *"Casablanca" (l943) (Warner Bros.) (100 votes casted)

3. "The wizard of 0z" (l939) M-G-M) (62)

4. "Singin' In the Rain" (l952) (M-G-M) (58 overall)

5th place in voting "Citizen Kane"(l94l) (RKO Radio) (51)

6. "It's a Wonderful Life" (l946 ) (RKO) (Got 50 votes)

7. "King Kog" (l933) (Selznick/RKO) (48)

8. *"All About Eve" (l950)) (20th Century Fox) (46)

9. "Sunset Blvd." (l950) (Paramount) (43 overall votes tallied)

& 10th place "Shane" (l953) (Paramount) (with 41)

AS USUAL & AGAIN IF ANYBODY WOULD LIKE THE REST 15 out of 25 PLEASE REPLY,etc

WELL, EVER SO TYPICAL IN OUR ERA, AGAIN NO TAKERS ON MY POST HERE AGAIN??? please at least explain WHY AGAIN?

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, drednm said:

I don't understand a word of this.

Thanks for saying that....I thought it was just me.

spence-just what are you posting? I do not understand how any of your posts relate to the topic of TCM's "Guest Programmer Contest"

It's one thing when a thread goes off topic when of two or more members start a conversation related to the topic. But I do not understand your multitude of posts in this thread. ?

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Fedya said:

It's Spence, ignore him

I've told him straight out several times that his writing tics make his posts difficult to read, yet he keeps deliberately doing it, just to p*ss us off.

I don't think he's doing it on purpose or trying to be rude. I think he can't help it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Do you also make a video of yourself introducing the movie of your choice and upload it to the contest homepage?  Like you do for the TCM Guest Programmer contest?

I don't think he's doing it on purpose or trying to be rude. I think he can't help it.

Beat me daddy, Eight-to-the-bar... -_-

What I wish the channel would do for it's 25th anniversary is invest more effort, money-whatever it takes-to lease some more of the Universal/Paramount library pre-1949 and the 20th Century-Fox catalog. There are so many films-even one's available on DVD or Blu-Ray-that TCM still has not aired. Surprise us, TCM! It's frustrating for us viewers-fans!-to see the same repeats {no matter how great they are} year in and year out, with some exceptions. I wish they would invest more time, thought and $$$ to that! Then I would be all on board for the party! 

• Like 2

On 11/4/2018 at 6:32 PM, cinemanut said:

It's frustrating for us viewers-fans!-to see the same repeats {no matter how great they are} year in and year out, with some exceptions. I wish they would invest more time, thought and $$$ to that!

Realize, that to lease the ONE speshel movie you want to see, TCM must rent a package of movies that may contain oddball titles.

One of the most expensive titles to rent is CASABLANCA. And for example-a stinker like DRACULA AD (72) may be included in Casablanca's package and required to be shown 3 times in 6 months.

This is the main reason why TCM has "Underground" and Saturday AM-afternoon "serials", these B type films are included in the rental package to get your favorite classic golden age title.

I get that, TikiSoo, and I would have no problem with those other films, because if they came from Universal of Fox, chances are TCM hasn't screened those , either. It's variety I'm after.