Sign in to follow this  
David Guercio

Starting A Thread For Something

12 posts in this topic

What do you mean? I believe you've started one just now by "starting a new topic." Are you asking about how to go about starting a topic that other users would be interested in? I guess I'd like more clarification. 

I believe the OP may be inquiring how a dedicated section is created. He stated elsewhere that he wished that there were a section in the TCM Programs area for the Treasures from the Disney Vault showings, much the same way that TCM Imports, TCM Underground, Silent Sundays, etc., each have a section within which one can make multiple threads on that topic.

If this is the case, then I believe only the moderators/programmers can add sections in that manner. In the past, I've requested a few be added to the Genre sections in the sub-forums, but with no luck.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, David Guercio said:

How do you start a thread for something?

Just like you do when you start a thread for nothing.

(...and something I've done a time or two around here...just ask some of the regulars) ;)

Something (2018) is a pretty good movie that not many have seen.  It should be talked about, but not a classic movie.

My first post on here was to start a thread and ask if Just Imagine (1930) had ever been played on TCM.  I was answered by FredCDobbs.  Don't remember what other threads I started if anything.

If people get unruly and argue, a moderator will delete the whole thing, no questions asked. Yeah, I just got bleeped by a moderator for something really silly, and now I'm blowing off steam. I believe my reason to join this forum, and my first post, had to do with the cancellation of The Now Playing Guide Magazine. I am still fuming over that, as are others. This thread is something that should not be in the Stickies section. It is for (helpful TCM info). I'm not exactly sure where this thread belongs. ?

These are delicate waters. But for proof that moderation is fairly lenient and forgiving around here, look no further than my continued presence. ^_^

On 10/20/2018 at 6:40 PM, Sgt_Markoff said:

These are delicate waters. But for proof that moderation is fairly lenient and forgiving around here, look no further than my continued presence. ^_^

So ... Maybe the Moderators have "No Time For Sergeants."

• Haha 1

I hope some little bird puts a word in my ear should I ever get too umbrageous around here. I've been told my 'typing voice' often sounds overly-lordly and stentorian. Like Professor Kingsley in 'The Paper Chase'. But that's not my intention, I assure you! :)