Sign in to follow this  
scsu1975

TEENAGE ZOMBIES (1959)

11 posts in this topic

The title apparently refers to the acting by the leads.

Jerry Warren, known for low-budget horror, directed, and also is credited as Music Supervisor, under the name Erich Bromberg. The opening theme is ripped off from Kronos. Several of the "actors" were also involved in the production end, which usually means the film is in trouble.

Four teenagers, led by Don ( The Giant Gila Monster ) Sullivan decide to go water skiing and end up on an island. Before long, they are imprisoned by a female mad scientist, played by Katherine Victor. Victor is cast in a role usually taken by Rudolph Anders; he was probably busy rehearsing for his role as the Nazi scientist in She Demons. At least Victor is better-looking than Anders, but her acting smells.

It seems Victor is doing experiments with gas, hoping to turn humans into mindless slaves. Today, we achieve the same result through higher education.

The dialogue goes something like this:

Sullivan: "Look, what kind of a creep joint is this?"

Victor: "A place of research and discovery ... a place where science is free from the interference of stupid politicians."

It's all a communist plot. There is a gorilla who wreaks some minor havoc, a crooked sheriff, characters named "Skip" and "Morrie," and some of the most ridiculous fight scenes ever staged. At least we are spared the agony of hearing Don ( The Giant Gila Monster ) Sullivan sing. Who could ever forget him strumming the ukulele and warbling "and the Lord said laugh, children, laugh..." in The Giant Gila Monster ?

Don Sullivan and Paul Pepper check out the new arrivals at the zoo.
untitled5-16.jpg

"Okay fellas, Routine 6!"
untitled7-7.jpg

Wally Cox tells his commanding officer that there are two UFOs outside the window.
untitled3-13.jpg

"Okay fellas, Routine 9!"
untitled9-8.jpg

"Morrie" tells Charles Bickford that Jane Wyman is pregnant.
untitled6-16.jpg

"Okay fellas, Routine 28!"
untitled12-1.jpg

Despite having been dead for almost 15 years, Dwight Frye came out of
retirement for this role.
untitled4-16.jpg

"Okay fellas, Routine - what the hell number are we up to?"
untitled10-4.jpg

"Okay ladies, Routine - "
untitled8-9.jpg

"And cut! Print it! That's a wrap!" (Thank God)
untitled11-2.jpg

> {quote:title=scsu1975 wrote:}{quote}

> It seems Victor is doing experiments with gas, hoping to turn humans into mindless slaves. Today, we achieve the same result through higher education.

Sometimes I think corporate culture is even worse for the mind (and soul). But this sounds like a truly horrific movie, even without any such comparisons. ;)

>

> It seems Victor is doing experiments with gas, hoping to turn humans into mindless slaves. Today, we achieve the same result through higher education.

>

Hahahahahahhahaahhahahahaahaa!!!!

Another great film, always giving me ideas of new depths of depravity. Strap MissG to a plush movie chair and a popcorn machine nearby, and force-feed these to her... I'll borrow those miscreant eyelash twirlers that Malcolm McDowell used to be so fond of... I can't decide if SCSU's threads would be enough to turn her into a mindless zombie, or would I need to use these entire films? Hmmm....

> {quote:title=Ollie_T wrote:}{quote}

> Another great film, always giving me ideas of new depths of depravity. Strap MissG to a plush movie chair and a popcorn machine nearby, and force-feed these to her... I'll borrow those miscreant eyelash twirlers that Malcolm McDowell used to be so fond of... I can't decide if SCSU's threads would be enough to turn her into a mindless zombie, or would I need to use these entire films? Hmmm....

Not his threads...not even the movies...maybe "reality" TV.

> {quote:title=FredCDobbs wrote:}{quote}

> I?m watching Qaddafi?s UN speech now, and it looks to me like the guy is wearing

> a horrible frightening Halloween mask!

>

> qaddafi500.jpg

Nothing to do with the topic of this thread, but I always thought Qaddafi looked like pro wrestler Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka, minus the physique of course:

JimmySuperflySnukaPicture.jpg