Sign in to follow this  
mr6666

"The Devil in the White City" ?

5 posts in this topic

The trailer is fan-made, obviously. The film has been in pre-production for many years, with DiCaprio holding the rights. However, it has not gone into production, and won't anytime soon, either, as Di Caprio and Scorsese have just announced another project together, a film adaptation of the true-crime book Killers of the Flower Moon. Here's an article on that:

Imperative Entertainment has officially attached Martin Scorsese to direct and Leonardo DiCaprio to star in the feature film adaptation of David Grann’s best-seller “Killers Of The Flower Moon”.

The story is set in 1920s Oklahoma, when the Native American Osage Nation were the richest people per capita in the world after oil was discovered under their land. Then they were murdered, one by one, and the newly created FBI took up the case – discovering a chilling conspiracy.

Scorsese says in a statement: “When I read David Grann’s book, I immediately started seeing it – the people, the settings, the action – and I knew that I had to make it into a movie. I’m so excited to be working with Eric Roth and reuniting with Leo DiCaprio to bring this truly unsettling American story to the screen.”

Eric Roth will adapt the script while 30WEST will finance. Scorsese, Dan Friedkin, Bradley Thomas and Emma Tillinger Koskoff will produce the film which aims to begin production in the Summer.

Source: Deadline

http://www.darkhorizons.com/dicaprio-scorsese-officially-set-for-moon/

• Sad 1

This is a great book! Hopefully Hollywood doesn't ruin it.  I love Erik Larson's books--they're non-fiction but told in a narrative style.

• Thanks 1

On 10/25/2018 at 5:25 PM, mr6666 said:

Anyone have any news on this one??? :unsure:

Here’s What We Know So Far About ‘The Devil in the White City’ Adaptation

https://www.bookbub.com/blog/2017/10/31/the-devil-in-the-white-city-movie-details

The Devil in the White City Trailer | Leonardo DiCaprio | Martin Scorsese | Written by Erik Larson

Definitely looking forward to seeing this when finished.

Scorsese & DiCaprio’s “Devil” Becomes A Series

Leonardo DiCaprio and Martin Scorsese’s long-gestating film adaptation of Erik Larson’s famed book “The Devil in the White City” is being changed into the form of an event series for Hulu and Paramount Television.

Set against the backdrop of the 1893 Chicago World’s Fair, the series tells the intertwining stories of fair architect Daniel H. Burnham and serial killer H.H. Holmes, a charming sociopath who used a hotel he built near the fairgrounds to lure victims.

Complete with gas chamber and crematorium, Holmes would murder his victims and strip their skeletons to sell for medical and scientific study. Holmes killed at least twenty-seven people, mostly young women, though some say the number was closer to nearly two hundred.

DiCaprio and Scorsese will executive produce the project along with Stacey Sher, Rick Yorn, Emma Koskoff, and Jennifer Davisson. The project was first set up by Tom Cruise and Paula Wagner back in 2003 but that version didn’t come together. DiCaprio has been linked for nearly a decade and Scorsese since 2015.

Source: TV Line

http://www.darkhorizons.com/scorsese-dicaprios-devil-becomes-a-series/

• Thanks 1