Sign in to follow this  
David Guercio

YouTube

11 posts in this topic

I have a question about YouTube.  If you,re logged in with your account and if you have a password that you only know?  Could hackers still get into your YouTube account or not?  I signed in earlier to make sure my username was right and it is.  I kind of just want to make sure I don,t get any hackers.

Youtube may not be your only worry (if hacked)

Excerpt..

If so, most chances are that your YouTube channel has been hacked. ... It's important to note thatYouTube uses Google's account, so if your YouTube has been hacked it is most likely that the hacker has access to all of your other Google services, such as Gmail, Google+ and more.

https://getlogdog.com/blogdog/youtube-account-channel-hacked/

For more info, Search the following....can youtube acoounts be hacked?

Personally I don't have a Youtube account.

I think hackers can do anything they want. They got into my email account recently and through it, they got into my PayPal account to make unauthorized purchases.

• Sad 3

Realize that "hacking" is supremely easy and a "business". There is Password Revealing software available to anyone who wants to purchase it. The only way to possibly avoid it is to change every PW every use. That's why it's said you shouldn't use the same password for different accounts. Once a hacker knows your PW for the TCM Message Board, they'll try using the same PW to steal from your bank account.

I learned this from someone who works in National Security. They own that software and use it to alert employees it's time to change their PW for security reasons!

And forget trying to protect your Social Security Number-your bank, your Dr, your insurance company all have uploaded it for their convenience-not yours.

Guess I'm lucky to be low income-there's nothing to steal!

I can get into YouTube without using any password.  But then...

I only go there to view/hear clips of music I can't hear anywhere else, and usually don't spend a lot of time on it anyway.  Not sure how or if it fits your particular situation, I mostly live by one certain motto:

"when in doubt, don't"  ;) 

Sepiatone

1 hour ago, TikiSoo said:

Guess I'm lucky to be low income-there's nothing to steal!

Believe me, I'm quite low income, and they still stole what little I had!

• Sad 1

39 minutes ago, Sepiatone said:

I can get into YouTube without using any password.

Yeah, I don't really know what one needs a password for on YouTube. I don't have one. Possibly you need one to comment on the videos, which I've never tried. Or I guess to upload a video of your own possibly, which I've also never done.

3 hours ago, sewhite2000 said:

Yeah, I don't really know what one needs a password for on YouTube. I don't have one. Possibly you need one to comment on the videos, which I've never tried. Or I guess to upload a video of your own possibly, which I've also never done.

The password is only to upload a video or comment on videos, as you said.

4 hours ago, sewhite2000 said:

I have a YouTube account in order to save movies in the "Watch Later" tab. I currently have 219 movies marked for later watching. I suppose I could write them down and just look them up individually whenever I'm ready to actually watch them, but if I can just save them to a folder that remembers them, it's easier. It also allows the same account, with the attendant over-stuffed Watch Later folder, to be accessed on my smart TV's, which helps since searching for titles using the TV search or the Amazon FireTV search can be annoying. I've never commented on a video or uploaded one.

• Thanks 1

I've had to change my password a couple times in recent years, because apparently people had logged into my account from Brazil and Israel...