Hibi

Dark Shadows Fans

77 posts in this topic

I forgot to post yesterday that Decades started running the show last night at midnight. Once again, beginning with the introduction of Barnabus and ignoring the 6 or so months of episodes before that. I dont know how long the show will run, but I hope long enough to get beyond where the Decades wknd marathon does (maybe a hundred episodes)

• Like 1

Surprised it hasn't made a comeback with today's vampire-obsessed populace. Or maybe it has, who knows.

Thanks for the heads up. I have the coffin set containing the complete series. Its a fun set the first six or so months are quite noir-ish in look and the story lines like a Gothic novel. 

On a whole it's got it's ups and downs.

47 minutes ago, Hibi said:

I forgot to post yesterday that Decades started running the show last night at midnight. Once again, beginning with the introduction of Barnabus and ignoring the 6 or so months of episodes before that. I dont know how long the show will run, but I hope long enough to get beyond where the Decades wknd marathon does (maybe a hundred episodes)

Decades TV is no longer on Charter (Spectrum) in this area.I was told it's no longer a station! Now that I know it's still a viable station, I'm going to see how it can make a comeback in this area.

1 minute ago, lavenderblue19 said:

Decades TV is no longer on Charter (Spectrum) in this area.I was told it's no longer a station! Now that I know it's still a viable station, I'm going to see how it can make a comeback in this area.

It's definitely still a station. What BS!

6 minutes ago, cigarjoe said:

Thanks for the heads up. I have the coffin set containing the complete series. Its a fun set the first six or so months are quite noir-ish in look and the story lines like a Gothic novel. 

On a whole it's got it's ups and downs.

Yeah, the beginning of the show was more gothic. Before they went the ghoul route. But it worked. The ratings went up!

1 minute ago, Hibi said:

Yeah, the beginning of the show was more gothic. Before they went the ghoul route. But it worked. The ratings went up!

One thing I noticed about those first six months roughly 175-200 episodes was that they had quite a few on location shots, after Barnabas the pretty much when to stills of some of the locations.

4 hours ago, Sgt_Markoff said:

Surprised it hasn't made a comeback with today's vampire-obsessed populace. Or maybe it has, who knows.

They tried, but Tim Burton made a pigs'-breakfast out of both that and his career, in one shot.  

One might just as well ask why they don't bring back the Lone Ranger.  :(

• Thanks 2

I am SERIOUSLY bummed HOUSE OF DARK SHADOWS was not on TCM this October.

Last year it was available on TCM ON DEMAND for something like a week and I watched it five or six times.

That movie fascinates me. If I had any technical know-how I would totally do a fan trailer  for it set to WHITE ROOM by CREAM.

Nobody lives there....

10 minutes ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

Last year it was available on TCM ON DEMAND for something like a week and I watched it five or six times.

That movie fascinates me. If I had any technical know-how I would totally do a fan trailer  for it set to WHITE ROOM by CREAM.

Nobody lives there....

I'd like to see that. Night of Dark Shadows has its moments also

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, cigarjoe said:

I'd like to see that. Night of Dark Shadows has its moments also

Yeah, NIGHT OF... was also ON DEMAND and I watched it a couple of times as well. Both make good use of the LYNDHURST (sp?) ESTATE in New York. NIGHT OF...also used the estate's weird greenhouse which at the time was in serious disrepair.

Just now, LornaHansonForbes said:

Yeah, NIGHT OF... was also ON DEMAND and I watched it a couple of times as well. Both make good use of the LYNDHURST (sp?) ESTATE in New York. NIGHT OF...also used the estate's weird greenhouse which at the time was in serious disrepair.

Yes the estate is still there, a Dark Shadows Convention used it a few years ago as one of it's events. It's Just South of the soon to be completely demolished Tappan Zee Bridge, near Tarrytown, NY. 

3 minutes ago, cigarjoe said:

Yes the estate is still there, a Dark Shadows Convention used it a few years ago as one of it's events. It's Just South of the soon to be completely demolished Tappan Zee Bridge, near Tarrytown, NY. 

i did not know that! how sad.

I love this house. It's like The Architect's sole instruction was written out in ALL-CAPS; "JUST MAKE IT AS GOTHIC AS ****" and a blank check was enclosed.

image.png.c514cf4ca2affaa3e0601165013c0097.png

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

i did not know that! how sad.

I love this house. It's like The Architect's sole instruction was written out in ALL-CAPS; "JUST MAKE IT AS GOTHIC AS ****" and a blank check was enclosed.

image.png.c514cf4ca2affaa3e0601165013c0097.png

Its the bridge that's almost gone, not the Jay Gould estate ?

10 minutes ago, cigarjoe said:

Its the bridge that's almost gone, not the Jay Gould estate ?

oh yeah, i got you.

I was just sorry to hear about the bridge. i figured the estate is a State (maybe even national?) Landmark and is protected.

1 hour ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

OK, yeah, that is pretty cool.

Maybe they call it TAPPAN ZEE BRIDGE PART DEUX.

Question:

Wouldn't a British person call it the Tappan Zed Bridge?

(...just wonderin') 

;)

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

Nobody lives there....

Well, one of them was on overnight over the wknd. I think the first one. I was channel surfing before I went to bed (around 4am) Think it was Sat night.

Decades was doing a DS tribute on its daily tribute show this morning. I missed part of it (THIS DAY) It will be on again at 8pm. Had some interviews of cast members (from awhile ago!)

6 minutes ago, Sgt_Markoff said:

Can a 'Land of the Giants' movie be far behind? How about 'Time Tunnel'?

Already in the works here, Sarge.

(...and word is Gary Conway in the former and James Darren in the latter are all set to have cameos in 'em)

;)

14 hours ago, Sgt_Markoff said:

Wow. This is gossip I hadn't heard. Thanks, EJ Man.

Not "gossip", just that nobody today remembers the horrendous Johnny Depp movie.  (And rightly so.)
If you want "gossip", you could speculate over, ahem-cough, why Burton had originally wanted to do his Addams Family movie (at, ahem-cough, the same time Bryan Singer wanted to do a new Addams series), and after the rights were tied up, turned the gothic Collinses into the goofy Addamses instead.  Even having the Collinses do Charles Addams' "My Family" pose on the poster.