Sign in to follow this  
Hibi

Dark Shadows Fans

50 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, Sgt_Markoff said:

Wow. This is gossip I hadn't heard. Thanks, EJ Man.

Not "gossip", just that nobody today remembers the horrendous Johnny Depp movie.  (And rightly so.)
If you want "gossip", you could speculate over, ahem-cough, why Burton had originally wanted to do his Addams Family movie (at, ahem-cough, the same time Bryan Singer wanted to do a new Addams series), and after the rights were tied up, turned the gothic Collinses into the goofy Addamses instead.  Even having the Collinses do Charles Addams' "My Family" pose on the poster.

We used to cross the TZB over the river and through the woods to grandmother's (and

grandfather's) house every month or so. I will miss the old one no matter how the new

one looks. 

• Like 1

EJ, that's just an old vaudeville phrase I love to use. :)

Not "gossip", just that nobody today remembers ( ...) If you want "gossip" ( ... )

What was wrong with the old bridge? Unsafe? Or just couldnt handle the traffic?

1 hour ago, Vautrin said:

We used to cross the TZB over the river and through the woods to grandmother's (and

grandfather's) house every month or so. I will miss the old one no matter how the new

one looks. 

You can watch the TZB whenever you like it's featured at the end of BUtterfield 8

3 minutes ago, Hibi said:

What was wrong with the old bridge? Unsafe? Or just couldnt handle the traffic?

It was 50 year lifespan bridge at about 64 years old and falling apart.

I never got into Dark Shadows, perhaps because of its afternoon time slot. I was a big fan of Strange Paradise, a Canadian series, which had a more convenient time slot for me (i.e. late evenings).

strange-paradise-2-raxl-quito-crypt.jpg

Raxl (Cosette Lee) and Quito (Kurt Schiegl) were two of the mysterious characters on Strange Paradise.

I was one of those millions of kids getting home after school to watch the daily saga of Barnabas Collins by the unforgettable jonathan frid who sadly left us in 2012.

I am proud because not once but twice, mr. frid, barnabas himself!, responded to 2 messages I posted on his website.

I made screencaps and still have the files.

:)

the noble Barnabas, supernatural hero.

Image result for jonathan frid barnabas collins

• Like 3

6 hours ago, cigarjoe said:

You can watch the TZB whenever you like it's featured at the end of BUtterfield 8

I only saw BUtterfield 8 once a while back, but when it turns up again I'll watch it, at

least the last few minutes. 

16 hours ago, cigarjoe said:

It was 50 year lifespan bridge at about 64 years old and falling apart.

I see.

16 hours ago, cigarjoe said:

During the car chase? I didnt know that.

On 10/31/2018 at 2:11 PM, EricJ said:

Not "gossip", just that nobody today remembers the horrendous Johnny Depp movie.  (And rightly so.)If you want "gossip", you could speculate over, ahem-cough, why Burton had originally wanted to do his Addams Family movie (at, ahem-cough, the same time Bryan Singer wanted to do a new Addams series), and after the rights were tied up, turned the gothic Collinses into the goofy Addamses instead.  Even having the Collinses do Charles Addams' "My Family" pose on the poster.

au contraire,mon frere- I remember it all too well.

(And Alice Cooper jokes aside, I am still mad. )

LOl. I remember it (vaguely) I went into it knowing it would be bad, which helped. I wanted to see a movie that day and everything else looked worse.

27 minutes ago, Hibi said:

I'll look for it next time.

She (Taylor) drives over it just before the crackup.

17 hours ago, cigarjoe said:

She (Taylor) drives over it just before the crackup.

Yeah, I remember a bridge. Never really paid attention to it..

1 hour ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

Neither did Liz, look where that got her.

LOL.

the scantily clad butterfield 8 liz taylor woulda made a great 50 foot woman.

:)

Related image

I'll be saying goodbye to the Tappan Zee next week. I was all geared up for touring Lynhurst, but it's closed for the entire month of Nov ?

While I never saw the TV show DARK SHADOWS, I quite liked the movie when TCM showed it last year-and became a new, old fan! The Tim Burton movie had a few good points to it -like the opening- but it went downhill from there. The 'comedic' scene of Depp trying to sleep made me just hate that version.

If you are going to be in the vicinity anyway you'll be right by Sleepy Hollow and you can check out Philipsburg Manor (circa 1750), it's open until the 11th. It'll take you back in time to the Legend of Sleepy Hollow, Headless Horseman, Icabod Crane. etc., etc. Classic American Spook Story.

https://hudsonvalley.org/historic-sites/philipsburg-manor/

From DARK SHADOWS to the TAPPAN ZEE bridge, this was a HALL OF FAME level thread derailment on my part, and to Hibi, I apologize. 

(It’s still interesting tho)

Back to Dark Shadows related, well sort of, all fans of the soap and it's two spin off films should check out producer Dan Curtis' next two projects The Night Stalker and The Night Strangler. Good fun.

1 hour ago, cigarjoe said:

Back to Dark Shadows related, well sort of, all fans of the soap and it's two spin off films should check out producer Dan Curtis' next two projects The Night Stalker and The Night Strangler. Good fun.

nobody will ever be able to recreate the comedic interchanges between Kolchak and Vincenzo.

Image result for kolchak and vincenzo