jakeem

Awards season 2018-2019

202 posts in this topic

URGENT TO JAKEEM & ALL OTHERS< ALL OF A SUDDEN TCM.COM SEEMED TOIHAVE AN OVERHAUL-(know what I mean?) & I;m now listed as a NEWBIE UNDER (SHANNON)WHERE IS I HAD ALMOST (4,000 posts under the klongstanding handle of (SPENCER) BUT, I NOW HAVE BEEN BLOCKED AT EVEY TURN TO LOG BACK INTO THESE FORUMS  CANYOU SUGGEST SOMETHING???

PLUS & I COMPLAINED A LOTABOUT THIS AS WELL< I NEVER ANYMORE GET E MAIL INBOX NOTUICES WHENI EUITHER REPOLY OR START A TOPIC ANYMORE & FOR ABOUT 4 MONTHS NOW???  I know you may have the answers & are yiu havingany of these troubles (CHECK OUT MY NEW HANDLE OF ONLY (SHANNON) IT ONLY NOEW HAS ABOIUT 2 POSTS VS THE 400

23 minutes ago, shannon said:

THE FAVOURITE JUST BLEEDS OSCAR BAIT HUHBUDDY! Maybe 8 nominations due?

Don't rule out "A Star Is Born" picking up that many nominations. It could produce as many as three entries in the Best Original Song category.

Image result for a star is born gif

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, jakeem said:

Don't rule out "A Star Is Born" picking up that many nominations. It could produce as many as three entries in the Best Original Song category.

Image result for a star is born gif

EVER SEE HER ENTIRE FULL ITALIAN NAME???  REALLY LONG  SHE CAN SING BETTER THEN MY "QUEEN" MADONNA, BUT CAN'T> DANCE, PLAY THE GUITAR, YUKALALEE, BANJO, DRUMS, LIKE LOUISE THOUGH!!!  EVER SEE_(log it in online it's tremendous) GAGA& TONY BENNETT PERFORMING-(her covering *SINATRA'S NEW YORK, NEW YORK & HIS 100th BIRTHDAY ANNIVERSARY CONCERT SPECIAL, OFCIURSE HE WAS GINE BY THEN  To all check it out & she covers EDITH PIAF's superb number, aghain barely hitting more octaves than MADONNA in doing so!

AGAIN YOUR CORRECT JAKEEM! & IT'S A LOCK TO GO ONTO  WIN OSCAR GOLD FOR ONE OF THOSE NUMBERS TOO! & MAYBE SOUND MIXING

Though has virtually all agree Judy's 1954 version was superior & most always include her in ACADEMY (SINS OF OMISSION) losing Best Actress to *G.  Kelly, who was fine in THE COUNTRY GIRL (3 & 1/2) I've always felt HOLLYWOOD wanted to give*GRACE that Best Actress statue because of that role & in about 2 to 3 other releases that year! Plus all already knew I think she was planning to get married in Monaco

Don';t care for *JANET GAYNOR THOUGH!!!

WHAT ABOUT 1932's WHAT PRICE, HOLLYWOOD?  & a long standing famous true story is that ELVIS was going to play K. Kristofferson's pt in the 1976 *Streisand version, but per usual Col.tom Parker butted inhis way!!!

& Parker also hated the HOT ANN-MARGRET! & desperately did not want her to share the screen with his meal ticket ELVIS in 1964's VIVA LAS VEGAS

#Jinn, about a teenaged African-American girl whose mom converts to Islam, is rich with smart, understanding and interesting behavior. The daughter's natural confusion, mixed with genuine curiosity, comes through #ZoeRenee's highly credible performance.

Honorary Oscar recipient Cicely Tyson talks about when she realized she had a larger purpose than acting — and the hat that stole the show at Aretha Franklin’s funeral.

https://apnews.com/6218199fc4ef4e4fbc6178737f21f0ea?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&amp;utm_medium=APEntertainment&amp;utm_source=Twitter

Image result for cicely tyson

Looks like we have a late twist in the races. Mary Poppins Returns has had guild screenings in advance, and its getting a warm reception. The film's lead Emily Blunt now positions herself as yet another potential contender for Best Actress and might just end uo getting in.

8 hours ago, CinemaInternational said:

Looks like we have a late twist in the races. Mary Poppins Returns has had guild screenings in advance, and its getting a warm reception. The film's lead Emily Blunt now positions herself as yet another potential contender for Best Actress and might just end uo getting in.

It doesn't hurt that she also starred in her husband John Krasinski's acclaimed sci-fi/horror film "A Quiet Place."

Image result for emily blunt a quiet place gif