Bobk

Help idenyifying movie

5 posts in this topic

I was watching TCM last night and before Casablanca played, there was a discussion with three Hollywood people talking about other early film noir films. The movie I'm trying to identify was by a director they said who arrived in Hollywood in the 20s but suffered some kind of Scandal later on. They showed two clips from the movie, the first was a woman saying something to the effect of I find most men attractive and need lead replied I'm sure they meet you halfway. The second quote was him being asked if that was a gun he had on him, to which he replied no it's part of my suit and I hardly ever shoot/kill anybody with it. I had just changed phones and by the time I realized into IMDb I'd forgotten the Don't have the movie. Like I said, it was I believe early or pre Noir, and I think they said something about the dialogue being known for being very witty / snappish. I'm new to the boards so if this is in the wrong section I'll be happy to repost any help would be appreciated.

33 minutes ago, Bobk said:

I was watching TCM last night and before Casablanca played, there was a discussion with three Hollywood people talking about other early film noir films. The movie I'm trying to identify was by a director they said who arrived in Hollywood in the 20s but suffered some kind of Scandal later on. They showed two clips from the movie, the first was a woman saying something to the effect of I find most men attractive and need lead replied I'm sure they meet you halfway. The second quote was him being asked if that was a gun he had on him, to which he replied no it's part of my suit and I hardly ever shoot/kill anybody with it. I had just changed phones and by the time I realized into IMDb I'd forgotten the Don't have the movie. Like I said, it was I believe early or pre Noir, and I think they said something about the dialogue being known for being very witty / snappish. I'm new to the boards so if this is in the wrong section I'll be happy to repost any help would be appreciated.

Someone with the answer may respond here, but more people will see it if you post up in the "Information Please" section.

35 minutes ago, Bobk said:

Thank you. I will.  

The film is Murder My Sweet.  (and someone answered the question in the other thread).

Thank you very much for taking the time to answer my question, im going to watch it as soon as i find it,