SteveQL

no new titles have been added to TCM ON DEMAND FREE  for viewing on TV

16 posts in this topic

As of this morning ---- no new titles still have been added to TCM ON DEMAND FREE  for viewing on TV (not for streaming)!  All titles state NEW but they are not.  Anyone else  experiencing this?

I also posted in Foreign Correspondent which was moved to Technical Issues

Thank you,

30 minutes ago, SteveQL said:

no new titles still have been added to TCM ON DEMAND FREE

Typo correction:

.......... Still NO NEW TITLES have been added.

I tried to use edit of my initial posting but failed

30 minutes ago, SteveQL said:

As of this morning ---- no new titles still have been added to TCM ON DEMAND FREE  for viewing on TV (not for streaming)!  All titles state NEW but they are not.  Anyone else  experiencing this?

I also posted in Foreign Correspondent which was moved to Technical Issuesb

Thank you,

A few weeks back, there were 100+ movies in the TCM On Demand TV hopper.  Now the total is down to just 22.  Did someone go on vacation and forget to hand off the task?  Please give us more movies!  

1 hour ago, Carol Anne said:

A few weeks back, there were 100+ movies in the TCM On Demand TV hopper.  Now the total is down to just 22.  Did someone go on vacation and forget to hand off the task?  Please give us more movies!  

You might also post in CONTACT US.  I did and have previously but never received a reply.   

• Thanks 1

Now down to 11 and 9 will expire early this week and the last one on the 15th. Thus, with no additions I can only assume ON DEMAND folder will cease (close) due to empty.   Hope I'm wrong.  My provider stated they can only download titles when TCM provides.   So if no new titles are sent by TCM  then  folder remains empty.

CC Sent to CONTACT US

How can I get a human being at TCM to respond to one simple but important question?   Question is when will TCM add new titles to ON DEMAND FREE TITLES FOR TV after initial airing?   ON DEMAND file titles are nearly two weeks old and the few left (11) expire this week. Thus, with no new titles ON DEMAND file will zero out!   My cable provider can provide no help since they assert they can only add ON DEMAND content when sent by TCM.  This helplessness is forcing me to drop my provider after 28 years.  Please reply.  Thank you.  SteveQL 

Seven Seas to Calais (1962) which aired Last Wednesday Nov 7 just appeared this PM in ON DEMAND expires Thursday 15th.  Both versions SD and HD.

As of December 21, 2018, no new titles have been added to the website "Watch TCM" either. I started to notice this a few days ago - maybe even a week ago. I can watch the live feed of on-air films just fine on my desktop computer. But for the current film inventory at the site, there have been no changes/new uploads.

The last film uploaded to the site was "Cover Up" and it expires on December 25. They have the color splash screen graphics up for "Woman of the Year." But when I go to it, there is NO play button! I checked all the color graphic links touting "current" films for the site, and none of them have "play" buttons!  Plus, when you then go look for say, "Woman of the Year," in the title inventory, it's not there! All I have is the color graphic link!

All of this is contrary to what had been an enjoyable and convenient experience of watching TCM on my computer in the bedroom (no TV in there). What gives? Are they discontinuing the streaming site?

Does this have to do with the fact that FilmStruck tanked?

Mona.. this is exactly what I noticed also several days ago and mentioned it in a separate thread. I'm glad you put this up on the forum. At first I thought it had to do with not posting the Disney titles that were shown (that I missed unfortunately)  but now I'm suspecting that: if it's not that the person that handles the website/WatchTCM service being on vacation, then it is that something nefarious is going on behind the scenes, like the PTB are quietly shutting down the service at the behest of the autocratic RW dictator from AT&T, for pure political reasons, just like they did to FilmStruck (shows independent, foreign, LBGT films). NOT for financial reasons, that was purely an ostensible excuse.  TCM was never about making money, it was a service in trust from Ted Turner to preserve culture and film heritage.  Just my two cents here, hope there are others who can pipe up. Please.

• Like 1

Yep same here the last film posted was Cover up. I thought they just weren't going to post the Disney films even though it was indicated they would (available to Stream banner) came up after one of the Disney films I watched. I don't recall this ever happening at least not to this extent. At least Roku is now included in the mix. Not sure what is going on

• Like 1

TCM has just now as of this (Fri.) evening updated its WatchTCM listings with the most current movies from the live-stream schedule, sans any Disney feature, of course. They must have gotten the message about the laps, but one surprise is that not even one Disney film survived to the 'watch later' list. Previously this year when there were Disney properties shown on TCM many survived the grueling rights agreements to make it to the coveted one week, watch-later status. What is the heck happened this time 'round? Did they revoke all on-demand streaming rights completely? How very selfish of them. This is why torrenting is big, because of the stubborn, unenlightened business model of the remaining movie studios. It results in more revenue lost to pirating by not participating in the 'reasonable accessibility' model of asset visibility.

• Like 1

YES! Thank you to whomever moderated the thread and saw the complaints (before mine, and then mine and others). The Watch TCM website is now refreshed with the titles that should have been uploaded after they were aired. Thanks to the originator of the thread who called this out first.

• Thanks 1