Sign in to follow this  
lydecker

Washington Post's Best Dance Scenes in Movies

37 posts in this topic

I get that, Darg.  ;)

You'd have probably liked my ex's and my best friend's Mom, who in the face at least( I'd have to only guess the rest  ;)  )  so closely resembled ANN MILLER it was uncanny.  :o

Sure.  "Leggy" brunettes, blondes, redheads....  didn't matter that much to me WHAT color the hair was!  ;)  For example....

LUCILLE BALL , although not a "true" redhead until DUBARRY  Was A LADY, sure had the "gams", didn't she?  ;)

Sepiatone

• Like 1

Dream sequence from Going Hollywood (1933) with Marion Davies and Bing Crosby.

I can agree to Final Dance from Dirty Dancing and More Than a Woman from Saturday Night Fever.  The rest I'll pass on, but musicals and dance movies have never been among my favorites.  DD was my favorite for all the dancing and still repeat the final dance scenes occasionally.  SNF had some good dance scenes, but to me far more technically choreographed as Hollywood dancing.  DD seemed real dancing, although naturally well choreographed. 

One interesting aspect is all the TV dance shows that Saturday Fever gave birth to.  Who remembers Denny Terrio and Dance Fever?

• Thanks 1

Y'know, CID....

Coincidentally, I've spent the last few days or so TRYING to remember that guys name, AND the TV show's.  ;)

Sepiatone

2 hours ago, Sepiatone said:

Y'know, CID....

Coincidentally, I've spent the last few days or so TRYING to remember that guys name, AND the TV show's.  ;)

Sepiatone

Now you know.  It was entertaining at first, but then the dancing became less dancing and more stunts.

Betty Grable and Dan Dailey danced up a storm in the 4 musicals they made together.  Surprised not one number was included.  Btw, the writer does realize that, despite shaking her shoulders seductively, there was a reason Marilyn was photographed from the waist up through most of the "Diamonds" dance number in Gentlemen Prefer Blondes:  She couldn't dance!

23 minutes ago, filmnoirguy said:

Betty Grable and Dan Dailey danced up a storm in the 4 musicals they made together.  Surprised not one number was included.  Btw, the writer does realize that, despite shaking her shoulders seductively, there was a reason Marilyn was photographed from the waist up through most of the "Diamonds" dance number in Gentlemen Prefer Blondes:  She couldn't dance!

Yes but the article is about BEST DANCE SCENES, not BEST DANCING

Alla Pugacheva dancing and singing in the number "Do Not Speak of Love" in the movie The Woman who Sings.