Benitae

Can’t remember movie name

4 posts in this topic

Love triangle? Someone injured horseback riding? Period piece? Woman thinks first love is dead?

I have been trying to find a movie I saw when I was a child. At times I’ve merged details of movies making it difficult to find this one. If it sounds familiar, please let me know. 

Thank you!!!!

40 minutes ago, Benitae said:

Love triangle? Someone injured horseback riding? Period piece? Woman thinks first love is dead?

I have been trying to find a movie I saw when I was a child. At times I’ve merged details of movies making it difficult to find this one. If it sounds familiar, please let me know. 

Thank you!!!!

That sounds a bit like Wuthering Heights (1939).

51lepOBntML.jpg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Gershwin fan said:

That sounds a bit like Wuthering Heights (1939).

51lepOBntML.jpg

That poster could be use for a Dracula movie- Olivier looks like he is about to bite Merle on the neck!

• Haha 1

On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 1:53 AM, Benitae said:

Thank you!!!!

I wonder if it could be Peter Ibbetson (1935). As a child he bonded with a young girl but they were separated. They rediscover each other as adults and rekindle their love, but she's married and can't commit. It's a period piece with a love triangle featuring two people who never knew what had happened to each other. Not sure about the riding accident. 

Is it a movie which you saw in a theater, because that could narrow it down? If you saw it on TV it could be from any era. Do you remember black and white or color?