Sign in to follow this  
David Guercio

Flight Of The Navigator

11 posts in this topic

I,m sure everybody watched last month,s Treasures From The Disney Vault.  Flight Of The Navigator is one of my favorites.  So I have got a few questions.  How do you think things would have turned out if Max hadn’t had brought David back in time to 1978 and do you think David.  Jeff and their parents eventually met Dr Farraday and David eventually met Karlin McAdams?

I thought about the 2 different time lines that were created. The alternate (1986) will leave the parents without their son again when Max take Joey back to the past.

This is like the dorky parents in "Back to The Future" that will have a missing Marty.

5 hours ago, rayban said:

Such a delightful film, there should have been a sequel.

Been talking about a remake but so far nothing.

• Like 1

I like the flick despite the time travel queries it raised.  But one thing amused me....

HOW advanced CAN any population BE that creates a spaceship that talks and laughs like PEE-WEE HERMAN?  ;)

Sepiatone

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sepiatone said:

I like the flick despite the time travel queries it raised.  But one thing amused me....

HOW advanced CAN any population BE that creates a spaceship that talks and laughs like PEE-WEE HERMAN?  ;)

Sepiatone

That happened after the brain scan, read other mind imprints besides the star chart information.  Does leave the question, do the aliens whom built the probe has the concept of emotions or instinctive in nature?

• Like 1

I really love this movie too.  It,s one of my very favorite Disney movies and I,m so glad Lenoared Malton showed during last month,s Treasures From The Disney Vault.  Does anyone else know the answers to my questions?  How do you think things would have turned out if Max hadn’t had brought David back in time to 1978 and do you think David and his family eventually met Dr Farrahday and David eventually met Karlin McAdams?

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, David Guercio said:

I really love this movie too.  It,s one of my very favorite Disney movies and I,m so glad Lenoared Malton showed during last month,s Treasures From The Disney Vault.  Does anyone else know the answers to my questions?  How do you think things would have turned out if Max hadn’t had brought David back in time to 1978 and do you think David and his family eventually met Dr Farrahday and David eventually met Karlin McAdams?

I think you meant, if Max brought David back to 1978 from the start. Couldn't because of Max's fear of David not survivng.

After deciding David was willing to take the chance - they ALREADY met but only David will remember it!

Max restored the timeline and would had avoided the power lines which created the problem to begin with. There would had been no reason for Farrahday and Karlin to meet David whom at the end remembered what happened. NO WAY would he want to come in contact with NASA or Dr Faraahday - remember that's why David risked being vaporized by the backward time travel so he wouldn't be institutionalized.  Besides why, what story could he had told that would be believable - Max avoid the power lines, no crash probe, so no recovery from NASA.  Davids's mind was wiped free of the stored star charts.

Lol what if, what if....

From "Star Trek Voyager - Futures End" (1995)

Captain Janeway.....Time travel. Since my first day on the job as a Starfleet captain I swore I'd never let myself get caught in one of these godforsaken paradoxes - the future is the past, the past is the future, it all gives me a headache.

Well, I wouldn't go so far as to say I LOVE the movie.  But I like it enough to consider repeat viewings not being out of the question.  And, WHOM among us can REALLY claim( and prove ) that their presentation of time and intergalactic  travel ISN'T accurate?  ;)

Sepiatone