Sign in to follow this  
cigarjoe

Classic Era Film actresses who did nudity

117 posts in this topic

Genevieve Tobin teasing us in, I believe, Easy To Love (1934). However this does not constitute nudity to me, merely the strong implication that Adolphe is getting an eyeful.

3cj55z2xt1hj.gif

21 hours ago, speedracer5 said:

Isn’t Miriam Hopkins also nude in “Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde” ? 

19 hours ago, scsu1975 said:

Yes.

Not really. I think we may see a side of one of her breasts, though. I'd call it more a case of partial nudity.

The Sign of the Cross (1932)

imageedit_1_9030287235.gif

Claudette Colbert

bath-10.jpg

Unknown actress and a very happy guy in an ape suit

3763815644_70802e704c-1.jpg

Strategically placed garlands but oh, you kid!

27 minutes ago, TomJH said:

Genevieve Tobin teasing us in, I believe, Easy To Love (1934). However this does not constitute nudity to me, merely the strong implication that Adolphe is getting an eyeful.

3cj55z2xt1hj.gif

I know some people would (constitute it as such) though, you know how that goes...

53 minutes ago, TomJH said:

The Sign of the Cross (1932)

bath-10.jpg

Unknown actress and a very happy guy in an ape suit

The actress is Sally Rand besides an actress, she was a striptease artist.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0023470/mediaviewer/rm481234176

sally-rand-signed-index-card-film_1_4b54

Can't post her more revealing photos.  Google... sally rand actress nude

Exactly what species of ape is that?  At least its better than.....

BelaLugosiMeetsABrooklynGorillaImage.jpg

:blink::wacko:

Here's a wider shot.

MV5BYjk3NjRkNzYtZDYyNy00Mzc5LTllM2YtZWM3

Edited by hamradio
  • Thanks 1

For instance I'm watching The Woman In The Window on Noir Alley, in a great crispy clear print, and Joan Bennett is wearing a pretty shear see-through top and I can swear I see her ****. That is the beauty of these HDTV's and pristine prints. We may be seeing much more than was originally possible with the equipment that existed back then, however back then we were probably looking at a Joan Bennett who was 25 feet tall on your average screen.

Case in point below, you got to wonder how Rhonda Fleming in Slightly Scarlet passed by the Hayes Office.

gNSG0Gt.png

24 minutes ago, cigarjoe said:

or instance I'm watching The Woman In The Window on Noir Alley, in a great crispy clear print, and Joan Bennett is wearing a pretty shear see-through top and I can swear I see her ****.

I watched this movie on YouTube sometime in the past year or so, and I thought the same thing.

2 hours ago, hamradio said:

The actress is Sally Rand besides an actress, she was a striptease artist.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0023470/mediaviewer/rm481234176

Can't post her more revealing photos.  Google... sally rand actress nude

Wasn't Sally Rand the bubble lady? I think she's depicted in that Looney Tunes short "Hollywood Steps Out." 

A favorite photo of one of my favorite actresses:

Blondell, Joan_01.jpg

Oops! She's wearing SHOES!

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, TikiSoo said:

A favorite photo of one of my favorite actresses:

Blondell, Joan_01.jpg

Oops! She's wearing SHOES!

Is that Joan Blondell?

1 hour ago, speedracer5 said:

Wasn't Sally Rand the bubble lady? I think she's depicted in that Looney Tunes short "Hollywood Steps Out." 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, sewhite2000 said:

Is Charlie Chaplin dancing with the globe in The Great Dictator inspired by this?

Charlie was inspired by Hitler dancing around his globe.  Maybe Hitler saw the movie first. ;)

https://blog.ultimateglobes.com/2013/08/the-globe-that-inspired-charlie-chaplin.html

5065896856_3780a1d69d_b.jpg

Some idiot payed 65,000 for a globe that is dented with a bullet hole in it. (and it's grossly outdated as well) :wacko::lol:

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, hamradio said:

This was a deleted scene in "Spartacus" (1960)

Is that Jean Simmons??? I know there's a scene in the actually released version where you see more of her than probably any other film.

here's my understanding of the "nude" Jane Wyatt scene in Lost Horizon(1937) from the commentary track on the DVD.

it was a long shot away from any actress who did the scene. so, they used a body double for Wyatt. the body double (long?) after says she was nude when it was filmed, but she told the Code People she had a flesh colored suit on for the filming.

Bottom Line: Wyatt didn't do the scence. her replacement may or may not have been nude.

• Thanks 1

The scantily flower-clad lady in The Sign of the Cross who failed in her goal to convert

the ape to Christianity is Elissa Landi, an Austrian actress who appeared in a number

of Hollywood films in the 1930s. 

• Thanks 2

17 hours ago, speedracer5 said:

Rand's bubble dance was probably a rarity for her since she WAS known primarily as a "fan dancer", and oddly(and sadly) enough, she plied her trade in later years( the 1970's) by being almost constantly booked at the lounge in the ROYAL ASCOT, a motor lodge here in my pissant hometown of Lincoln Park, MI. :(  

She too, was depicted by actress PEGGY DAVIS in the '83 movie THE RIGHT STUFF since Sally died four years before the movie was made.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Vautrin said:

The scantily flower-clad lady in The Sign of the Cross who failed in her goal to convert

the ape to Christianity is Elissa Landi, an Austrian actress who appeared in a number

of Hollywood films in the 1930s. 

If you're referring to this lady, Vautrin, it is definitely NOT Elissa Landi. It's an unknown actress seen only briefly in The Sign of the Cross. Elissa remains fully clothed throughout the film.

Nor is it she in the ape photo, as Ham Radio has already explained that that is fan dancer Sally Rand.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TomJH said:

If you're referring to this lady, Vautrin, it is definitely NOT Elissa Landi. It's an unknown actress seen only briefly in The Sign of the Cross. Elissa remains fully clothed throughout the film.

Nor is it she in the ape photo, as Ham Radio has already explained that that is fan dancer Sally Rand.

Had a hard time finding the info, I gave the imdb link for verification. According to imdb, Sally was the uncredited victim.  She does look like Elissa.

If imdb is wrong then how can we trust them for uncredited info? :(

Here is another link with Sally Rand.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0023470/mediaviewer/rm3963374592

On 11/17/2018 at 9:26 AM, Ray Faiola said:

Jane Wyatt in LOST HORIZON

It was the double who was nude.......