Sign in to follow this  
cigarjoe

Classic Era Film actresses who did nudity

117 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, hamradio said:

Dargo, got any of George Brent?  :P:lol:

Yeah, I'd post one, but we wouldn't want to get Hibi all excited here, now would we?!

1 hour ago, Hibi said:

It was the double who was nude.......

Well, I'm certainly glad to hear THAT!!

8 hours ago, TomJH said:

3763815644_70802e704c-1.jpg

If you're referring to this lady, Vautrin, it is definitely NOT Elissa Landi. It's an unknown actress seen only briefly in The Sign of the Cross. Elissa remains fully clothed throughout the film.

Nor is it she in the ape photo, as Ham Radio has already explained that that is fan dancer Sally Rand.

Sally Rand is listed for the part of the crocodile's victim, uncredited, on imbd. I was only

referring to the woman menaced by the ape. I haven't seen the movie in a long time, so

I'll have to check it out if it shows up again on TCM. Until then, I'll stick with Landi.

George Brent wisely kept his ASSets hidden....

Didn't Marjorie Main do full frontal in one of those Pa Kettle movies? I think that's the one that was rated X.

2 hours ago, Vautrin said:

Sally Rand is listed for the part of the crocodile's victim, uncredited, on imbd. I was only

referring to the woman menaced by the ape. I haven't seen the movie in a long time, so

I'll have to check it out if it shows up again on TCM. Until then, I'll stick with Landi.

I saw The Sign of the Cross a few months ago. Feel free to unstick yourself with Landi. Elissa is one pious praying fully clothed Christian in this film.

The woman with the ape is clearly Sally Rand. Elissa Landi looks nothing like her.

ancaria.jpg

3763806274_ff70eae1eb.jpg

This is Elissa's hottest moment in the film when Joyzelle dances the dance of the naked moon before her, with clear erotic overtones. But if you take a look at this shot you'll see that Landi's clothes remain fully intact.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, darkblue said:

Didn't Marjorie Main do full frontal in one of those Pa Kettle movies? I think that's the one that was rated X.

Yeah, that film was entitled Pa Kettle Finally Gets a Roll in the Hay.

12 minutes ago, scsu1975 said:

Yeah, that film was entitled Pa Kettle Finally Gets a Roll in the Hay.

That's the prequel that led up to them having all those kids!

• Like 1

I never got the sense that Ma and Pa were all that into each other, but Good Lord, they produced a lot of offspring, didn't they?

37 minutes ago, sewhite2000 said:

I never got the sense that Ma and Pa were all that into each other, but Good Lord, they produced a lot of offspring, didn't they?

Are we sure all the kids are theirs? Maybe they're just a bunch of random kids.

Well, of course, we're not given any confirmation that they're all biological children that I'm aware of. So many of them seemed similar enough in age that it seems it would have been difficult for Ma to be producing that many! So, yes indeed, maybe they took in some "strays".

4 hours ago, darkblue said:

Best left to the imagination. :blink:

f66f2e5fc4c2a868b3fcc9139de2ccce--marjor

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, sewhite2000 said:

Well, of course, we're not given any confirmation that they're all biological children that I'm aware of. So many of them seemed similar enough in age that it seems it would have been difficult for Ma to be producing that many! So, yes indeed, maybe they took in some "strays".

A lot of the kids seem rather young too and Ma doesn't... Farm life must be pretty hard.  Thank goodness they won that modern house.

It always makes me laugh in The Egg & I when Ma pushes all the kids' crap off the table so that she can serve dinner.

5 hours ago, TomJH said:

I saw The Sign of the Cross a few months ago. Feel free to unstick yourself with Landi. Elissa is one pious praying fully clothed Christian in this film.

The woman with the ape is clearly Sally Rand. Elissa Landi looks nothing like her.

ancaria.jpg

3763806274_ff70eae1eb.jpg

This is Elissa's hottest moment in the film when Joyzelle dances the dance of the naked moon before her, with clear erotic overtones. But if you take a look at this shot you'll see that Landi's clothes remain fully intact.

Even Christians take their clothes off once in a while. I will wait until it shows up again, though

Biblical epics aren't my favorite genre. The dance of the naked moon looks more like the dance

of acid reflux, but maybe you had to be there. 

Crying out loud moderator, Dargo's pic was not offensive. :angry:

As a precaution, everyone avoid posting Coppertone ads. ;)

1 hour ago, hamradio said:

Crying out loud moderator, Dargo's pic was not offensive. :angry:

As a precaution, everyone avoid posting Coppertone ads. ;)

Thanks for the support here, ham. However, evidently SHE...

mean-old-lady.jpg

...thought that medium-to-long distance shot of Dern's butt crack as he entered the California surf in Coming Home was, I guess.

And as we all know by now, if there's even the CHANCE that one in a million might take offense to something that one of us have posted in this website, SHE is honor-bound as our TCM Moderator to dispose of it alright!

Yep, that's right. SHE is the only reason good upright and morally strong people, to say nothing about any impressionable little tykes out there who might really be into classic movies, can visit this here website and not become upset or aghast or feel tainted by what they see and/or read in it, ya know.

(...and so I don't blame HER at all for sending that pic I posted to the ol' cornfield...nope, not at all) ;)

LOL

4 hours ago, Dargo said:

Thanks for the support here, ham. However, evidently SHE...

mean-old-lady.jpg

...thought that medium-to-long distance shot of Dern's butt crack as he entered the California surf in Coming Home was, I guess.

And as we all know by now, if there's even the CHANCE that one in a million might take offense to something that one of us have posted in this website, SHE is honor-bound as our TCM Moderator to dispose of it alright!

Yep, that's right. SHE is the only reason good upright and morally strong people, to say nothing about any impressionable little tykes out there who might really be into classic movies, can visit this here website and not become upset or aghast or feel tainted by what they see and/or read in it, ya know.

(...and so I don't blame HER at all for sending that pic I posted to the ol' cornfield...nope, not at all) ;)

LOL

Hey, if it's in a Classic Movie it must be OK, no? 

Sorry I missed it. :D

We should from now on just seriously keep it to discussion and refrain from posting images. 

Seems like a Moderator may have a finger hovering over a dump button. Don't give them the excuse to hit it. :D

P.S. I backed up the list for safety purposes

Heh----

Seems we've gone from "classic era actresses who did nudity" to just racy silhouettes and revealing costumes.

So perhaps we can add this too, to the list.....

From 1933, so too, technically "pre-code"  ;)   move to the 50 second mark or so.......

Anyway, seems like the high water mark for Classic Hollywood actress nudity was in 1933 -34 on one end and between 1967 and 1972 on the other. 😎

There was obviously a big clampdown on that stuff just a handful of years into the front end of your time frame, and a resurgence near the end. Not sure how much there was in the middle.

2 hours ago, sewhite2000 said:

There was obviously a big clampdown on that stuff just a handful of years into the front end of your time frame, and a resurgence near the end. Not sure how much there was in the middle.

Yea, none I would say. All you'd get in between those bookends, if it passed muster where those. i.e. Actress is in a robe, cut to shot of her feet, robe falls to the floor around them, cut to actress in tub or behind opaque shower curtain or glass, and variations of that sequence with actress throwing her clothes over a bush and ending up in lake, or pond up to her neck.