SteveQL

No CC on SD Titles Aired Past Week

6 posts in this topic

Copy of topic sent to CONTACT US:

TCM SD.   This is happening  on my SD TV in which CC must be applied from TV's remote not cable box remote.  On my other TV (HD) CC is applied by cable box remote.

Problem has never occurred before.

Please resolve. Or, should I contact my cable provider?

Thank you,

SteveQL

Sorry first sentence not fully copied before pasted.  NO CC ON SD TITLES AIRED PAST WEEK on my SD TV.   What is weird is in any downloads of SD ON DEMAND files CC works!  I apologize for raising this bizarre matter and must assume  is unique to me only.

Copy of message sent to CONTACT US

TCM channel 501 (SD  on SD TV) when viewing won't open Closed Captions.  This has been occurring for a week now.  Other channels do not have this problem.  Using my other  TV (HD) in SD mode will allow CC by using Cable Box's CC.    Went through a long chat session with my cable provider (I pay to get TCM) and CSR could not resolve.  Have not escalated with cable provider yet.

Has TCM changed encoding or something else to cause this?

Please reply!

Thank you,

SteveQL 

Copy of Today's posting to CONTACT US.   I realize a waste of time but sent anyway!

UPDATE RE BELOW NEVER REPLIED TO BY TCM CONTACT US:

Today: Tuesday December 4 ----"Love Me Or Leave Me"now airing HAS NO CLOSED CAPTIONS. However, it is already in ON DEMAND (for TV). and has closed captions.  Can this be explained and does it reveal the  problem?

TCM channel 501 (SD  on SD TV) when viewing won't open Closed Captions.  This has been occurring for a week now.  Other channels do not have this problem.  Using my other  TV (HD) in SD mode will allow CC by using Cable Box's CC.    Went through a long chat session with my cable provider (I pay to get TCM) and CSR could not resolve.  Have not escalated with cable provider yet.

Please reply!

Thank you,

SteveQL 

On 12/4/2018 at 12:41 PM, SteveQL said:

Copy of Today's posting to CONTACT US.   I realize a waste of time but sent anyway!

UPDATE RE BELOW NEVER REPLIED TO BY TCM CONTACT US:

Today: Tuesday December 4 ----"Love Me Or Leave Me"now airing HAS NO CLOSED CAPTIONS. However, it is already in ON DEMAND (for TV). and has closed captions.  Can this be explained and does it reveal the  problem?

Please reply!

Thank you,

SteveQL 

Today Friday December 7 'Thirty Seconds Over Tokyo' airing with no closed captions   So switched to same title in On Demand already available and played it since it has closed captions.