Sign in to follow this  
TopBilled

Rare showing of THE FUZZY PINK NIGHTGOWN (1957) on TCM

36 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, TheCid said:

Missed it.  Didn't see the post until the 29th.

Perhaps someone will put it up on YouTube. You missed a real doozie.

1 minute ago, TopBilled said:

Perhaps someone will put it up on YouTube. You missed a real doozie.

Don't do YouTube, twitter or any of that stuff.  Thanks anyway.

2 minutes ago, TheCid said:

Don't do YouTube, twitter or any of that stuff.  Thanks anyway.

Okay, then maybe the TCM scheduling gods will re-air it if you pray hard enough or if you buy some of TCM's wine.

5 minutes ago, NipkowDisc said:

isn't that the one with klinger and the hang glider?

:D

Image result for klinger hang glider

No, that was The Fuzzy Pink Slippers. 

8 hours ago, Hibi said:

The film would probably get a PG-13 rating today.

Don't know about that. Most films with breasts are sent off to the R anymore. Iron Lady was the last I remember that had topless nudity in it and that was for two seconds. Maybe in the 90s. There were some films as recently as then that had more than their share of nudity (Titanic, Chaplin, Indochine, Doc Hollywood)

Well, it's not like there was any sex going on. Just Jayne taking a bubble bath. I havent seen the film of course. But who knows how the blue nose board rates movies.........violence, ok, sex, no!

I was expecting this film to be really awful, but it wasnt. It was ok. Not something I'd watch again, but not really bad. Apart from the Nightgown, the plot was a bit fuzzy too. Never really understood who was behind the "supposed" kidnapping. Maybe I missed something. Considering Travilla did Jane's wardrobe she wore some unflattering outfits in the film. Glad she pitched that stiff blonde wig midway in the picture.......I didnt get Wynn working at the airport either. So he had a real job? LOL.

40 minutes ago, Hibi said:

I was expecting this film to be really awful, but it wasnt. It was ok. Not something I'd watch again, but not really bad. Apart from the Nightgown, the plot was a bit fuzzy too. Never really understood who was behind the "supposed" kidnapping. Maybe I missed something. Considering Travilla did Jane's wardrobe she wore some unflattering outfits in the film. Glad she pitched that stiff blonde wig midway in the picture.......I didnt get Wynn working at the airport either. So he had a real job? LOL.

If it wasn't so bad, then why do you have so many questions about it? LOL

As I said previously, the concept was workable. And it has a great supporting cast and the overall production values are fine...but I think the script needed a rewrite. 

Well, I was expecting a disaster, but it wasn't that. I didnt regret watching it, but I wouldnt watch it again. Agree the script needed some work. Couldnt decide if it was a drama or comedy. A sort of uneven mix.

• Thanks 1

Her movie career slumped after this. Her next film wasn't until seven years later and that was a cameo. Then A.C. Lyles put her in two of his low-budget westerns at Paramount.