antoniacarlotta

Thomas Edison vs Carl Laemmle (& How Movies Came to Hollywood)

27 posts in this topic

On December 6, 2018 at 3:52 AM, TikiSoo said:

Great video Antonia! Love your narration, the content & graphics-what a great story, thank you for telling it in such an entertaining way.

One of my all time favorite photos is a group picture of Universal Studio staff appearing to be early in the inception. Among the costumers, gaffers & stunt men you can spot Laemmle, Lugosi,and a few other famous faces. (gave my copy as a gift, so don't recall it exactly who)

Mmmm with your talent, why hasn't TCM invited you as a hostess on the network?

Thank you! I know exactly the picture you're talking about. I believe my mom may have a copy of it. It's like Where's Waldo with old famous faces and family members, among other employees.

And re: TCM...That's a great question! I'd love to get to be a part of TCM in some way some day. Let them know they need to find a job for me ;)

24 minutes ago, antoniacarlotta said:

Thank you! I know exactly the picture you're talking about. I believe my mom may have a copy of it. It's like Where's Waldo with old famous faces and family members, among other employees.

And re: TCM...That's a great question! I'd love to get to be a part of TCM in some way some day. Let them know they need to find a job for me ;)

Oh yeah, AC. When it comes to THAT sort'a thing, we sure have a lot of pull around here, alright! ;)

(...well, all of us except a certain dude we call The Nipster around here...poor guy just can't seem to get 'em to show this one Shirley Booth flick he's been hot to see 'em show NO MATTER what strings he's pulled)