JuliaC

Let's Get a San Diego Chapter Going!!

10 posts in this topic

Hi All -- we have movement towards starting a San Diego chapter.  Many San Diego Backlot members were in Tucson last weekend for the Rio Bravo Backlot event there.  We have lots of Backlot members in San Diego so let's get a chapter started!!  Let me know if you are interested -- you can also find me Facebook (Julia Castlen) where I participate in a couple of TCM related closed groups.  Email me directly at [...] and let me know -- I really would like to get this going!!

Edited by TCMModerator1
Edited to remove Personal Information

To anyone reading -- we have 3 Backlot members who are ready to start a San Diego chapter!!  We only need two more to get us signed up and we'll be official.  Please message me here or at [...] if you are interested!!

Edited by TCMModerator1

Yay Lisa!  I just responded on the other thread, but will repeat on this one.  Email me directly at [...] so that our communication will be improved.  I need your first and last name plus the email you used to sign up at Backlot.  At that point, I'll send out a group email to the people we have so far, which might actually be a couple more than 5, and we can finalize a few details.  I'm so excited to have more people signing up and putting us over the edge!!  Thanks, Julia

Edited by TCMModerator1

Hi. I just joined, and am interested in forming (and helping out with) a local chapter in San Diego. I live in Mira Mesa.

By the way, there's currently a $52 gift subscription deal that includes the tee shirt or tote bag. And yes, a non-member can buy that gift subscription and use it to join, which is how I come to be here.

Hi Russ and welcome!  I received your email and have added you to our list of start-up chapter members.  I will be sending a group email soon to continue the process!  

Hi Kathy,

Chapters are a way for Backlot members to get together and do any number of things together.  Most groups go to the movies together, often the TCM Big Screen Classics.  TCM Big Screen Classics is an annual series of films, mostly classics, presented at theaters nationwide all on the same dates.  So, in January, the Big Screen Classic is The Wizard of Oz, showing on January 27, 29 and 30.  Some Backlot groups get together for other classic films shown in their areas, it kind of depends on whether a particular city has classic films being shown anywhere.  And some groups also get together for "field trips" to classic movie-related locations.  For example, the Atlanta Backlot chapter visited Margaret Mitchell's house (the author of Gone With the Wind).  Everything is really up to the chapter members to decide what they would like to do, how often, etc.  We are just getting our San Diego group underway and would love to include you if you would like.  Just let me know.  I'm working on getting the group together and getting our information submitted to TCM to become an authorized chapter.  I would be happy to include you in our group if you would like!  Just email me directly at jecling@aol.com.  Thanks!!!

Hi all!

The San Diego Backlot Chapter is now up and operating.  You can find our contact information on the official list of backlot chapters on the TCM Backlot website.  Backlot members in San Diego -- get in touch and join in the fun!

Hello everyone!

Just signed up and excited about a San Diego Chapter. Looking forward to meeting everyone and see what's going on next!!!