Sign in to follow this  
MilesArcher

The Name Game

236 posts in this topic

21 hours ago, MilesArcher said:

Constance Talmadge - That first clue was a little obscure.  I had to think about it for a little bit.  It means all modern conveniences.

Next: A simple one this time, or is it?

Eve Plumb's role on "The Brady Bunch" + Robert Blake's New Jersey Birthplace

Janet Leigh.

As for "All Mod Cons", that is a reference I occasionally hear watching British movies from the late 50s or 60s, or are set in that era.  I only noticed the phrase because of an album from 70s New Wave/Mod revival band The Jam.  It was a play on the phrase as well as their image.  So basically, it was common in the UK.

Next: Him and ____ + Bobby ____ + country estate + ______ longue.

Herve Villechaize - Ze Plane!  Ze Plane!  Great clues, Arturo.

Next:

Singing Group "The Mike _____ Congregation" + She Played Kate On "Petticoat Junction" + Bing's Second Wife Was Kathryn ________ 

Kirby Grant.

Next: ____ Grant + utterance accompanying shivering + " __ ha!" + par____see.

Liberace 

Next:

Butterfly McQueen's Role In "Gone With The Wind" Minus Y + Ledge At The Base Of A Window + "___ Dolce Vita" + Mutt ____ Jeff + Richard Todd Film "The Sword And The _____" + Cohan's Grand Old Name + To ___ Fro + Dietrich's Role In "The Blue Angel" + Jodie Foster Film "The Little Girl Who Lives Down The _____"  

Priscilla and Rosemary and Lola Lane :)

next

LION KING's unspeaking hyena + a favorite character actor, ___ Bond + "If ___ I Would Leave You" + ___ Butler + elephant who heard a Who

Edward Everett Horton.

Next: _____ Song Baker + Sandra ____ + ____ So La Ti Do. + move liquid 

On 1/19/2019 at 7:37 AM, Arturo said:

Edward Everett Horton.

Next: _____ Song Baker + Sandra ____ + ____ So La Ti Do. + move liquid 

I'll try another one:

"___" Barker + Spanish for fjord + Alice _____ + Wiki______.

Mario Lanza?  Just a guess.

Next:

In "South Pacific", Nellie Forbush Is In Love With A Wonderful _____  + He Played Dreyfus In Several Pink Panther Movies + Shakespeare Was The ____ Of Avon + Julie Andrews Sang "____, A Deer, A Female Deer" + Laurel _____ Hardy + Roz Russell was In "____ Girl Friday" + Siegfried And ____ + He Took Over for Arnold On "Happy Days" + Decaprio Film "Catch Me If You _____" + Reagan Was First Elected President In Nineteen ________ + French For "Years" 

8 hours ago, MilesArcher said:

Next:

In "South Pacific", Nellie Forbush Is In Love With A Wonderful _____  + He Played Dreyfus In Several Pink Panther Movies + Shakespeare Was The ____ Of Avon + Julie Andrews Sang "____, A Deer, A Female Deer" + Laurel _____ Hardy + Roz Russell was In "____ Girl Friday" + Siegfried And ____ + He Took Over for Arnold On "Happy Days" + Decaprio Film "Catch Me If You _____" + Reagan Was First Elected President In Nineteen ________ + French For "Years" 

Guy Lombardo and his Royal Canadian.

FYI.... Wrong answer to my last clue.  Can we try again? 

Arturo, I'm out of guesses and apparently no one else has figured it out.  Why not give us the answer and then post a new one?.     

22 hours ago, Arturo said:

Guy Lombardo and his Royal Canadian.

FYI.... Wrong answer to my last clue.  Can we try again? 

Guy Lombardo and His Royal Candian(s) fits the clues as far as I can tell. Miles, I think you just left off the s in Canadians ?

The answer is MA Barker + Ría + Alice FAYE + Wiki LEAKS.

María Félix.

Next: 

Elevated urban train + British toilet + George Arl ______.

1 hour ago, lavenderblue19 said:

Guy Lombardo and His Royal Candian(s) fits the clues as far as I can tell. Miles, I think you just left off the s in Canadians ?

I did type the S, but must've been removed by autocorrect and me not noticing.  However, the French stand-alone "ans" would be pronounced without the S sound.

47 minutes ago, Arturo said:

I did type the S, but must've been removed by autocorrect and me not noticing.  However, the French stand-alone "ans" would be pronounced without the S sound.

Arturo, your clues to the last puzzle fit exactly to Guy Lombardo and his Royal Canadians. That's a hoot that your clues also fit another answer.

On 1/29/2019 at 1:22 AM, MilesArcher said:

Next:

Guy + Lom + Bard + Doe + And + His + Roy + Al + Can + 80's + Ans ! That would have been an excellent puzzle LOL

53 minutes ago, Arturo said:

The answer is MA Barker + Ría + Alice FAYE + Wiki LEAKS.

María Félix.

Next: 

Elevated urban train + British toilet + George Arl ______.

Repeating Arturo's next puzzle

Elevated urban train + British toilet + George Arl_______.

Al Louis

Next

"My boy ____, he'll be tall and as tough as a tree" + "It's a Lovely ____ Today" + 1776 song "Here a _____"

Bill Dailey

Next:

"The Creature From The Black Lagoon" Was Referred To As "The _______ Man" +  He Appeared In Both Versions Of "The Longest Yard" + Nolte And Winger Starred In "Cannery ______" + Doug McClure Film "The _____ That Time Forgot"

On 1/30/2019 at 2:28 PM, MilesArcher said:

Bill Dailey

Next:

"The Creature From The Black Lagoon" Was Referred To As "The _______ Man" +  He Appeared In Both Versions Of "The Longest Yard" + Nolte And Winger Starred In "Cannery ______" + Doug McClure Film "The _____ That Time Forgot"

Gilbert Roland.

Next: Bud and ____ + PE - ___ + ____-cro + ____ Moonves. 

Lupe Velez

Next:

Electric Fish + Singer With Kay Kyser's Band " _____ Kabibble" + The Former Leader Of Iran Was Called The _______  + Alan Hale's Job in "Destination Tokyo" + Debbie Reynold's First Movie "______ Bride" + W.C. Fields Film "_______ Telling Me"  

Elisha Cook Jr.

Next: Drinking spot + ____ humbug + ___ Rah Rah + ____ Canto + acquire + _____ dem and dose

Barbara Bel Geddes

Next:  

Heston Role "____ Cid" + Broadway Hit "Five Guys Named _______" + TV  Show "The Missing _______" + Jed Clampett's Relatives    

I've simplified some clues

Charlton Heston Role "____ Cid" + Broadway Hit "Five Guys Named _______" + TV  Game Show "The Missing _______" + Jed Clampett's Relatives Were Called His _______

This guy was the first to play a famous movie character.  He did it in the silent movie days. 

Elmo Lincoln.  He was the original Tarzan.

Next:  Hideout + "Of course!" + British gangster brothers + ____ -field.

I'm guessing Laird Cregar

Next:

British For Bathroom + Song From "The Wiz", "_____ On Down The Road" + 1972 Raquel Welch Cop Film + Ronald Colman In "The Prisoner Of _______"