Sign in to follow this  
MilesArcher

The Name Game

252 posts in this topic

Geoffrey Rush

Next:

Slang For Bathroom + Large Lady From The Mamas And The Papas + "____ Thee I Sing" + Belonging To Ernie Kovac's Wife 

On 4/28/2019 at 11:45 PM, MilesArcher said:

Geoffrey Rush

Next:

Slang For Bathroom + Large Lady From The Mamas And The Papas + "____ Thee I Sing" + Belonging To Ernie Kovac's Wife 

John Cassavates.

Next: On the edge of + "___ like Flynn" + slurred affirmative + Fish breathing apparatus + " Less is ______".

Let's see now - Verge + In + Ya + Gill + More = Virginia Gilmore, who was once married to Yul Brynner.

Next is a name you don't forget:

"I _____ All The Way Home Just To Say I'm Sorry" + He Played The Big Russian In "Rocky IV" + Alan Ladd Movie Filmed In Connecticut "The _____ In The Net" + Old Joke:  Question - When's the Best Time To Make A Dental Appointment? Answer - At _______-Hurty

If you follow my other recent posts in "Games And Trivia", then one of these clues is a giveaway.

Randolph Mantooth.

Next: Urban train + ___ beth + By ____ or by sea + Ruby ____.

Elissa Landi - I remember her from "After The Thin Man".  She played Nora's cousin.

Next:

Sinatra song "If You Stub Your _____ On The Moon" + In "The Gay Divorcee", Betty Grable Sings And Dances To "Let's Knock _____s" + Gordon Lightfoot's "The Wreck Of The Edmund Fitzgerald" Was About A Ship Carrying Iron _____ + Billy Dee Williams Role In "Return Of The Jedi" + Betty Hutton Film "____ The Angels Sing" + Flynn And Niven In "The _____ Patrol   

Earl Holliman

Next:

He Was Francis In The Sixties TV Series "Car 54, Where Are You?" + Rodgers And Hart Song Lyric "Come On ____   ____, Ten Cents A Dance" + Andy Griffith's Role In "No Time For Sergeants" + Belonging To Mr. Neeson

Guinn "Big Boy" Williams.

Next: When life ends + "_____ of Green Gables" + primary _____ -giver + fleece a drunk.

Diahann Carroll

Next:

In "Showboat", Julie LaVerne Sings About "_______, An Ordinary Guy" +  On "Maverick", Roger Moore Played The English Cousin "_____" + An Old Western Song Says "I've Got Spurs That Jingle, __________ , Jingle, As I Go Riding Merrily Along" +  Gershwin Tune "__ ' wonderful" +  He Was Mork From Ork + The Title Character Is Never Seen In "Edward, My ______"

Bill Bojangles Robinson

next

Groucho's "YOU ___ YOUR LIFE" + "___, a drink with jam and bread" + "___ Sut Rawlson on the Rillarah" + 3rd film was ___ OF FRANKENSTEIN

The clues come out to Betty Hutson, so I think you meant Betty Hutton.

Next:

Sandra Dee Film "If ____     ________ Answers" + Barnard Hughes Played Martin Sheen's Father in "____" + Jane Withers Played A _______ In A Series Of Commercials For A Cleanser

Amanda Plummer

Next: "By ______!" +  I am, you___ + ____ Taylor 

George Arliss

Next:  Something for you baby boomers out there.

A Cloth That Covers A Coffin + She Played Kim Lee In "Crash" + Billy Budd's Captain + Pacino Film "_____ Justice For All" + Richard Burton Played "Alexander _______ Great" + Audie Murphy Portrayed Jesse James In "Kansas ___________" + In "King Of Jazz", Bing Crosby And The Rhythm Boys Sang "Happy ______" + Rob Reiner Directed "The ______ Thing" + A Screen Writer For The Boxing Film "Champion" Was ________ Lardner + Tod Browning Directed "______ Of The Vampire" + "The 5000 Fingers Of Dr. T" Featured Peter ______ Hayes + Phil Phillips Had A Hit With "_______ Of Love"

A dozen clues!  Something for everyone!  You'll probably know it after the first three.

Paul Revere and the Raiders Featuring Mark Lindsay.

Next: "____ re mi fa so..." + mode of transporting a boat + A person with a lisp might say "Yeth I clearly ___" + ____ Blocker + El _____ Cleaver". 

Dorothy Dandridge

Next:  Another one for the boomers.

Actress Ruby ______ + First Bond Film "Dr. _____" + Robin Askwith Role In "Tower Of Evil" + "Zorro, The Fox So Cunning And Free, Zorro, Who Makes The Sign Of The ___" + Agatha Christie's Story "____ Then There Were None" + In "Show Boat", Helen Morgan Sang "He's Just My _____, An Ordinary Guy" + Jackie Chan's Role In "Rush Hour" 

Dino, Desi & Billy

081227883560.jpg?itok=T3wQiOc-

next

Oscar the ___ + Anthem "___ Canada" + Judy is stuck with 99 of them in IN THE GOOD OLD SUMMERTIME + Mulan's guy name + Radio show AMOS ___ ANDY + ___ CARTER, DETECTIVE + ALL AMERICAN ___-ED

Groucho, Harpo, and Chico

Next:

Audio Murphy Bio "To ______ And Back" + Director Wertmuller + Capital Of West Germany + Nickname For The D.A. In The Perry Mason Series + Victor French Played A Police Chief In The TV Series  "________ Country" 

Helena Bonham Carter.

Next:  Jessica Tandy role in FORVER AMBER + "Yes!"in Spanish + trendy salad green + "Harper Va ___".

Nancy Kelly

Next:

A Song From "Cabin In The Sky" Was "Happiness Is A Thing Called _______" + William Holden Met His Wife, Brenda Marshall, When He Was Making "The Remarkable ______________"

Say it fast!

Duh...Joanne Dru.

Next: Prehistoric patriarch + " ____ the Knife" + sea bird + S. American ostrich-like avian ___ a.

On 6/18/2019 at 6:24 AM, Arturo said:

Duh...Joanne Dru.

Next: Prehistoric patriarch + " ____ the Knife" + sea bird + S. American ostrich-like avian ___ a.

On 6/18/2019 at 6:24 AM, Arturo said:

Duh...Joanne Dru.

A couple of extra clues:  the patriarch is a cartoon character.  The sea bird nests on craggy cliffs.

Finally, after almost a month, some clues.  

I figured the cartoon character is Fred Flintstone.  Prior to this recent clue, I had no idea what the Prehistoric Patriarch could be.

Mack the knife was the easy one.  

A sea bird doesn't tell me anything.  All I could think of was a gull.  Now, my research, which was much too extensive for this, reveals that there is a bird in the guillemot, or auk family called the common murre.

The South American Ostrich-like bird must be the rhea, another new word that I was unfamiliar with.

So, putting the clues together, my answer is Fred MacMurray.

Next:  

Farrah Fawcett TV Movie "The Burning _____" +  Actress Ruby _____ +  West Point Themed Movie "The Long _______ Line" + He Played A German Ship's Captain In "The African Queen"

• Like 1

Betty Grable.  Lol.

Next:  Sear meat + “Thanks a ___” + “_____ grow the rushes” + shoulda coulda _____ da. 

Char + Lot + Green + Wood = Charlotte Greenwood

Next:  

Old Song Line "_______ Stole My Heart Away?" + Actor McKern + An Eskimo's Shelter Is An _____loo + Doris Day Starred In "Midnight  ______" + "On A Clear Day You Can ______ Forever" + Linda Blair TV Movie "_______ Against The World"